Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Speedsie wrote: »
    I had a severe bout of wry neck last year, could barely move. Went for 2 physio sessions, he gave me a series of movements to do every 15 minutes the first session. A week later I was much better - and kept up the exercises, though not every 15 mins, which had been tough. I'm sure there are YouTube tutorials out there!

TA'd at my elderly mother and uncle (both in 80s) are not taking social distancing at all seriously. I'm blue in the face asking them to wash their hands and stay away from shops and people.

I'll definitely have a scout around for something to try. It's gettin' beyond a joke now. I've always had a shoulder pain that comes and goes, but absolutely nothing like this. I've a rough idea what caused it, I was using my belt to pull a piece of loose frame into place under my couch, and nearly broke my back pulling it, I've been in bits ever since - that was two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,857 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TA that no one has sent me on the list of windows to be done so I can plan my schedule of doing them in order .

Alphabetically I think :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

I'll definitely have a scout around for something to try. It's gettin' beyond a joke now. I've always had a shoulder pain that comes and goes, but absolutely nothing like this. I've a rough idea what caused it, I was using my belt to pull a piece of loose frame into place under my couch, and nearly broke my back pulling it, I've been in bits ever since - that was two weeks ago.

Maybe see a chiropractor. I had similar pains after landing wrong when bucked off a stallion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Similar to Speedsie's post, elderly uncle here thinks all the social distancing and hygiene precautions are bulls**t. He's nearly 80, heart condition and asthma, won't use his inhaler. Neighbour is on dialysis but still gadding about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Maybe see a chiropractor. I had similar pains after landing wrong when bucked off a stallion.

Funny you should mention - there's a chiropracter 15 minutes walk away from me. If he hasn't closed down due to COVID19 I'll see if I can get him to have a look at me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

madmaggie wrote: »
    Similar to Speedsie's post, elderly uncle here thinks all the social distancing and hygiene precautions are bulls**t. He's nearly 80, heart condition and asthma, won't use his inhaler. Neighbour is on dialysis but still gadding about.

Strewth! That is suicide!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

madmaggie wrote: »

What is about the elderly that they wont listen.

TA's at all the teens gathering and families out shopping. the very ones that will be shouting for lockdown and then whinging when it happens :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I don't know if it's a TA or not. Some of my friends tell me about people online, I assume they are famous yet I never heard of them. Then they get annoyed at me because I don't know who they are talking about,heh.And start naming shows I never watch, so still in the dark. It's just strange how some people obsess about crap online.
    I had a point at the start but now forgot what it was, so take it for what you will,heh.

That reminds me of my mam,insisting i know people.She will go through everybody.I dont know them im still none the wiser.But i used to say i did know them just to shut her up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Seems to be a common complaint but jfc my mother is still going down town every day for shopping. I had to have a rant at her this morning about it. My dad has diabetes and my granny is 90. When I asked why she was going down every day she said that someone always thinks of something they need. :rolleyes:

The neighbours have let all their brats out to play together in the road again today. So much for social distancing. I'll quite happily tout on them to the police if they start locking the place down like Italy or Spain.

Final TA, felt guilty getting toilet paper in the shops this morning. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,277 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Seems to be a common complaint but jfc my mother is still going down town every day for shopping. I had to have a rant at her this morning about it. My dad has diabetes and my granny is 90. When I asked why she was going down every day she said that someone always thinks of something they need. :rolleyes:

The neighbours have let all their brats out to play together in the road again today. So much for social distancing. I'll quite happily tout on them to the police if they start locking the place down like Italy or Spain.

Final TA, felt guilty getting toilet paper in the shops this morning. :rolleyes:

Once you are not leaving with a trolley load you have nothing to feel guilty about. we all have to wipe our arses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA at the role reversal between my mother and myself and sibling. She has to go into the hospital today for her treatment and she is in one of the at risk groups for the virus. I got her a mask and gloves to put on. I'm sick at the thoughts of her being in there, but no choice. "But I will look stupid wearing a mask " "No one else will be wearing one " "I'll have to see, I might wear it " Jesus H Christ , just do as you're told !!!:(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    TA at the role reversal between my mother and myself and sibling. She has to go into the hospital today for her treatment and she is in one of the at risk groups for the virus. I got her a mask and gloves to put on. I'm sick at the thoughts of her being in there, but no choice. "But I will look stupid wearing a mask " "No one else will be wearing one " "I'll have to see, I might wear it " Jesus H Christ , just do as you're told !!!:(

"You won't look stupid when you are the only person who hasn't caught it! And all the other patients will be envious of you, because you have a mask and they don't, even though they want one!"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,277 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Rubberlegs wrote: »

And imagine trying to explain stuff like that, repeatedly, to a parent with dementia. These are fun times indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

dubstarr wrote: »
    That reminds me of my mam,insisting i know people.She will go through everybody.I dont know them im still none the wiser.But i used to say i did know them just to shut her up:D

My mother does that too.
    You know X
    No I don't
    You do he's married to Y
    Still don't know them
    They work the shop.
    Oh him! I know them well !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 dolly darling

TA that news programmes still have sports bulletins ... all they tell us is that everything has been cancelled because of the virus!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

New Home wrote: »
    "You won't look stupid when you are the only person who hasn't caught it! And all the other patients will be envious of you, because you have a mask and they don't, even though they want one!"

She went in wearing the mask and gloves, thankfully. Wasn't one bit impressed when I told her she would start a trend but then saw a couple of other people with them which helped and she even allowed me to take a photo of her for her sister :)

TA, out of sheer boredom I got the Google Earth app again and my street view must be about 10 yrs old. I thought it was a real time thing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta at at my forgetting to charge my wireless headphones so couldn't listen to casiopea on my walk.

Also ta'd at taking a sip of tea only to realize I had drank it all already.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Woke up cranky to the morning phone alarm, thinking it was someone calling me at the ungodly hour of pre-sunrise. :rolleyes:

...not to mention the inevitable waking up to them still ringing every five minutes after. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,372 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My TA is that when I was out with the madra for his mini walk, the wind picked up and blew some grit/dirt into my eye, and I couldn't touch/poke at my eye until I got home to scrub my hands :rolleyes:

And of course, doggy decided to go on a go slow after this happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

TA that news programmes still have sports bulletins

This was all you needed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm trying to keep a glass counter clean at work and its
    it's impossible with the antibacterial stuff. (Well for me it is).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I'm TA'd and sick of people sending me "funny" memes and videos on WhatsApp about this pandemic. I know I was moaning yesterday about misery merchants and people who thrive on bad news, but every time my phone pings and I think it might be news from some family member I am worried about etc. it is just someone sending me a video of a sock puppet eating cars from the bedroom window or an idiot in a supermarket wearing a sanitary pad on his face. OK we get it, he "thought it was a mask", you're hilarious :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Reports of groups of teenagers spitting on trolley handles outside supermarkets, playing tag with older people and then running away outside pharmacies. Where are the parents and can I personally sterilise them?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,372 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Reports of groups of teenagers spitting on trolley handles outside supermarkets, playing tag with older people and then running away outside pharmacies. Where are the parents and can I personally sterilise them?

I think the Army should be brought in to shoot the fcukers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Antares35 wrote: »
    I'm TA'd and sick of people sending me "funny" memes and videos on WhatsApp about this pandemic. I know I was moaning yesterday about misery merchants and people who thrive on bad news, but every time my phone pings and I think it might be news from some family member I am worried about etc. it is just someone sending me a video of a sock puppet eating cars from the bedroom window or an idiot in a supermarket wearing a sanitary pad on his face. OK we get it, he "thought it was a mask", you're hilarious :(

Mute those convo's and keep your family unmuted, then you'll know when you get a message its from family.

Antares35 wrote: »

yeah I think we're all going to get sick of them very quickly indeed! Can you imagine if this goes on for 3-4 months? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Trying to find rubbing alcohol to clean an essential oil diffuser, but it's probably all been bought for handwash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Just saw our neighbours' cat taking a dump on our trampoline. Deeply unpleasant.
    Our cat goes over the wall at the end of the cul de sac - basically a big field - to do hers.
    Unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

If true, that's blood boiling.
    Can't help but doubt the truth of it, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I ordered from a local business about a month ago online for convenience.
    No updates or communication from them until after me getting after them this week
    The one person I got hold of was either incompetent or stupid.

I'm going to have to call in now and sort this which is what I was trying to avoid with ordering online.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement