Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Politicians being interviewed on the street on tv with their fanboys hanging around awkwardly in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yes, but we don't eat whales and powdered rhino horns, snakes and all sorts of other creatures believing they have some sort of magical powers. I'll get in trouble for saying it, but karma is a bitch.

So the coronavirus is a result of karma from eating the stuff listed above? They deserve to get sick?

So what karma caused the ebola virus, hiv, small pox, etc

There's a case of rubella in Cork at the moment, that could have serious consequences what's the karma there??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Karma doesn't exist. It's make believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ive lost/mislaid/had stolen a £500.000 antique necklace. Worse, it's my engagement present.
    I have a terrible tendency to leave a trail of jewellery behind me wherever I go :(
    I'm not awash with expensive jewellery. That was the most expensive. It waschosen for me instead of an engagement ring, because I don't like to wear rings. I wouldn't have spent that much.

It's not that I wasn't taking care of it. Clasps come undone by themselves, on my jewellery. Seriously.
    How much was that necklace worth??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

cjmc wrote: »
    How much was that necklace worth??

500 pounds. I typed an extra 0 by mistake.

TA I cant send or receive private messages on Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Your mailbox is probably full.

You will have to delete some, to create space.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Your mailbox is probably full.

You will have to delete some, to create space.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php

Thank you, but it shows half full.

Sorry, Im wrong. It IS full.
    I was looking at the red on orange bar which was halfway across. Thanks

I read it as "oh ,I had a £500,000 necklace on and ditzy me I left down somewhere , I'm always doing that, oops"

cjmc wrote: »
    I read it as "oh ,I had a £500,000 necklace on and ditzy me I left down somewhere , I'm always doing that, oops"

Not quite.

But yes I have lost several pieces of jewellery and left behind various items at friends houses even after scanning the room as I pack.

Ive had plenty of stress to blame it on...

TA when someones whole identity is about their past.
    So who and what are you now?
    Just a frizen in time broody whinger with no interests apart from raking over your really quite average boring life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at attempted hacks of my online accounts.

I wish there was a way I could track trace and easily find individuals who try to hack into my email or any account in general, forcing me to change my password each time.

Every time I receive a notification about it, I always imagine finding the prick and beating the ever living hell out of them for thinking they just get to go into my emails without my permission and have a great craic while they're at it.

I cannot stand clowns like this. Who the hell are you like?? Mind your own fúcking business and get a job ya robbin wee bawbag.....

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

TA at parents who send their kids to school sick. Even more TA (less T and more A) with the lack of entitlements for parents who have to work when their kids are sick. One sick child can and probably will infect a whole class: 20 - 25 children, their siblings, teachers and parents. One of the mothers in my child's class is undergoing chemo and a virus could be fatal for her.

(Don't start with the parent bashing, yeah yeah no one forced us to have children etc etc)

That fcucking monstrosity ? ( I can't think of the word) of a programme, There's no place like Tyrone, is back on . BBC 2 nNI. Holy fcuk it's either total cringe or a brilliant (?) comedy.
    It is a ''constructed reality program'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Be right back

A co-worker who goes on and on (and on) about random documentaries he had seen. Not interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The self flagellating types who go on and on about what they are giving up for Lent and how they will stick to it religiously for the 40 days of depravation.
    I just say openly 'I've never given anything up, nor do I intend to' while gorging on some high calorie sugar laden goodie.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Noise from next door neighbours, loud music all day every day, tv blaring night after night. My husband goes to bed at 10, has to be up at 5am for work, and their tv is so loud I can't hear ours. They don't get up until 11am, none of them work.

We've sought advice, but basically been told 'nothing can be done'
    I'm on the verge of cracking up now. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Yes, but we don't eat whales and powdered rhino horns, snakes and all sorts of other creatures believing they have some sort of magical powers. I'll get in trouble for saying it, but karma is a bitch.

Or keep bears tethered to a chain with permanent open wounds so we can collect bile for "medicinal" purposes. Stupidity as well as cruelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

So the coronavirus is a result of karma from eating the stuff listed above? They deserve to get sick?

There's a case of rubella in Cork at the moment, that could have serious consequences what's the karma there??
    I believe HIV originated from the butchering etc..of monkeys for their meat? Though I could be wrong.

I don't believe in karma but I like the concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Noise from next door neighbours, loud music all day every day, tv blaring night after night. My husband goes to bed at 10, has to be up at 5am for work, and their tv is so loud I can't hear ours. They don't get up until 11am, none of them work.

Maybe he should turn on the radio while he gets ready for work, nice and loud and placed up against the party wall ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Oh get a grip. Lets talk about Ebola, the people in the countries affected by it refused to be vaccinated because they believe that it's not real and only a lie made up by NGO's so they are a big part of the problem. HIV, came about as a result of unprotected sex, it wasn't foreseen and I think very few people would ever say that it was karma.
    The modern day problem with HIV/AIDS is in African countries where little girls are still cut and married off to infected men much older than them and who have babies year after year after year. The men refuse to wear condoms so the women and babies are infected and die.

We have gay men coming to Ireland from as far away as Brazil and being given Prep which costs a fortune while kids with twisted spines wait years for spinal surgery. As for the Rubella, possibly a result of anti vax nonsense or someone from a backward country that doesn't do vaccinations, there's been a lot of diseases that were either eradicated here many decades ago or which never existed here until the floodgates of illegal migrants started arriving from Africa and the Middle East, honestly some of you have a serious detachment from reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

When people you know only because they happen to be out at the smoking shelter at the same time as you, show you their Watzapp/Facebook videos or memes.

Granted, some of them are funny, but all I want to do is smoke my cigarette in peaceful contemplation.

TA also at the fake laugh I am sometimes forced to make after viewing these.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Dog owners!

20 minute walk with the toddler.

10 different turds on the footpath we had to avoid... And the subsequent mess caused by someone walking through said turd.

Get to the shop and a dog is tied to the railings of the only path. The lead is long enough for the dog to cover the entire distance of the path.... Just because he's your furbaby doesn't mean everyone likes an unknown dog coming near them with no owner in sight to command them away.

The phrase "keeping my options open" translates to "Im greedy and have grass is always greener syndrome, a childish fantasist and dreamer"
    Theyll sit and moan and dream and never have anything good for long because they always lose it due to always wanting something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,334 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

People that rob stuff that is lying around in public places annoy me. Especially the trivial stuff. Example my swimming hat and googles were left behind on a bench in public swimming pool. They vanished!
    So give that biro back if you took it. It is not yours to take!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

People that rob stuff that is lying around in public places annoy me. Especially the trivial stuff. Example my swimming hat and googles were left behind on a bench in public swimming pool. They vanished!
    So give that biro back if you took it. It is not yours to take!

Compulsive stealing. Kleptomaniacs. It's quite common.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People who claim they have "no filter". Just shut up, if you've nothing good to say about someone or something, just keep your mouth shut.
    "Oh I just say it as I see". Yeah, we all know that. Opinion on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,235 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    People who claim they have "no filter". Just shut up, if you've nothing good to say about someone or something, just keep your mouth shut.

"I say it as i see" is just letting the world know you are a complete see you next tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,334 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

At least they are honest, would much rather that then fake pálmás which is meaningless. People with 'no filter' as you describe might not necessarily only say negative things either it can be a mixed bag. It is just you remember the negative comments more, as they stand out in a world that is afraid to offend.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

TA'ed that your husband has to get up for work at 5 am in order to pay for the bums next door to live a work-free life.
    And more TA'ed that there is no recourse for the contributors in our society in situations like this.

• Advertisement

I intensely dislike them.
    Unrefined, bad mannered pigs.
    "I dont mince my words" that is because you lack the intelligence to express yourself in a manner that isn't blunt and ignorant.

They have to air every single thought, and they're never helpful or valuable thoughts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement