Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've the mother of all bitch-spots erupting slowly under my eyebrow near the bridge of my nose. It's hurting like hell, too. Feck, I'm way too old for this crap. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Was at a stag over the weekend, and while my perpetual tiredness all day today is a TA in itself, whats worse is an 'incident' is playing over in my mind.

On the Friday night of the stag, a couple of the fellas got talking to a couple of women, as happens. Anyway I was introduced to them by one of the lads as: 'This fella here is Castletownman. And all-time great, he can talk to ye about anything'.

Except another member of the group, known for being a bit of an ass, chimed in with: 'How is he an all-time great? Sure he doesn't do anything'.....so basically belittled me in front of everyone with his perceived notions that I don't work as hard as him or something.

Now its rare that the dynamic among a group of lads will be in perfect harmony, but this wouldn't be the first time he has has insulted me either. He just has a dislike of me for some reason. Yet I can't confront him over it as it may cause friction among the group. Although I will say he does seem to have a drink problem, so maybe there is an underlying issue there.

I know it sounds harmless, but I was completely embarassed at the time, although I didn't let it show externally, and maybe its the lingering effects of the hangover, but its really playing on my mind since I got home.

Pricks are going be pricks I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

TA that a lot of posts just disappeared from this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Had almost pneumonia two weeks ago, got better and now I have a cough again. Great

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Except another member of the group, known for being a bit of an ass, chimed in with: 'How is he an all-time great? Sure he doesn't do anything'.....so basically belittled me in front of everyone with his perceived notions that I don't work as hard as him or something.

I know it sounds harmless, but I was completely embarassed at the time, although I didn't let it show externally, and maybe its the lingering effects of the hangover, but its really playing on my mind since I got home.

Don’t worry. People who need to belittle others in public are only belittling themselves. Every half way decent person are seeing them as what they are: Pitiful busybodies. 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Bought bananas the other day,went to use them with the pancakes and i cant find them.Im 100% sure i bought them.I even said it to my partner.Really annoying me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Bought bananas the other day,went to use them with the pancakes and i cant find them.Im 100% sure i bought them.I even said it to my partner.Really annoying me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I forgot to make my pancake mix last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I want to wear jeans today but the waist and ankles are cold and damp :(
    Wretched blasted relentless rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Been a lot of that lately, L.

Posts deleted, threads “locked” and no clarity provided when requested.

Very strange.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

A series of related things:

1. Caught my water proof trousers on a nail yesterday and tore them badly, so they're totally useless
    2. Got caught in a biblical-style hail shower this morning on the way to work. Got soaked through without the trousers and lost all feeling in my face from being pelted
    3. Got really sweaty from cycling extra fast to escape the hail
    4. My workplace has no showers despite 90% of the 150 people who work in this particular building either walk or cycle to work. There are also no private bathrooms where you can give yourself a quick wash in a sink

So really TA'd that I have to sit around today in my yoga stuff praying that my clothes will dry before I teach later, and that the best wash I could do was with a tissue. Bah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

[HTML][/HTML]
    Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Had almost pneumonia two weeks ago, got better and now I have a cough again. Great
    So many people have that same thing and can't shake it. I'm in the same boat, just finished a course of antibiotics and it still hasn't fully gone. I'm not sure I can face any more honey, ginger, lemon and paracetamol. I hope you feel better soon. The cough is exhausting and painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Yeah, I noticed one of mine disappeared but conspicuously the reply to one of mine remained, guess I'm the wrong nationality. Maybe I should identify as a migrant being discriminated against.

Elderberry syrup is great for stubborn illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

bolgbui41 wrote: »

So really TA'd that I have to sit around today in my yoga stuff praying that my clothes will dry before I teach later, and that the best wash I could do was with a tissue. Bah.

You could use baby wipes, either leave a packet in your desk or throw a few in a ziploc bag. Waterwipes are the wettest ones I've come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Was at a stag over the weekend, and while my perpetual tiredness all day today is a TA in itself, whats worse is an 'incident' is playing over in my mind.

On the Friday night of the stag, a couple of the fellas got talking to a couple of women, as happens. Anyway I was introduced to them by one of the lads as: 'This fella here is Castletownman. And all-time great, he can talk to ye about anything'.

Now its rare that the dynamic among a group of lads will be in perfect harmony, but this wouldn't be the first time he has has insulted me either. He just has a dislike of me for some reason. Yet I can't confront him over it as it may cause friction among the group. Although I will say he does seem to have a drink problem, so maybe there is an underlying issue there.

I have similar experiences regularly and they hurt/annoy no matter who or what, ppl should have more cop on really. You have a healthy attitude, but it shouldn't be happening esp on what should be a happy/fun occasion.

*HUGS*

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Been a lot of that lately, L.

Posts deleted, threads “locked” and no clarity provided when requested.

Very strange.

They weren't even offensive, apart from one smart arse "I don't believe you" post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When you feel eeugh but not eeugh to go home .

Sick 2 weeks ago and today and yesterday I'm cold and shivery . Hoping it's not coming back again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Being professionally tied to someone I dont like, and having to be faux sociable b/c they could drop me in it badly for a long period of time if I'm not.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

They weren't even offensive, apart from one smart arse "I don't believe you" post.

Were any posts linking to old posts of a more “esteemed” member? Possibly catching them out in a slight bit of, harmless, spoofery?

From what I can gather, based on the evidence in front of us, this is against the “rules”.

Safest not to quote posts, older than a day or two, and, certainly, don’t engage with any “off limits”, or “protected”, posters.

Very strange, though. All the same.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Queue skipping. Drives me crazy. I am one of those clowns that says nothing, I hate myself for being that person.

Trying to remember how to specifically spell the verb queue, try it sometime. Or is it a noun? Do you wait in a queue, or do you queue in a queue? Baffling.

Were any posts linking to old posts of a more “esteemed” member? Possibly catching them out in a slight bit of, harmless, spoofery?

From what I can gather, based on the evidence in front of us, this is against the “rules”.

Safest not to quote posts, older than a day or two, and, certainly, don’t engage with any “off limits”, or “protected”, posters.

Very strange, though. All the same.

No, just an ongoing conversation between a couple of posters. I'd love to know what I miss if this goes on a lot, you could come back after an hour and have missed half a thread.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Queue skipping. Drives me crazy. I am one of those clowns that says nothing, I hate myself for being that person.

Trying to remember how to specifically spell the verb queue, try it sometime. Or is it a noun? Do you wait in a queue, or do you queue in a queue? Baffling.

I don’t kick up much of a fuss myself, I, but I always try to announce their “joining” by extending a loud “welcome to the queue!”.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭HappySerious

people throwing cigarette butts on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Every motherf*%!#ing time I put my coat on to take the bins round there's a shower if hail!
    Every. Fukcing. Time.

Grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

people throwing cigarette butts on the ground

This really does my head in or its closely related cousin: throwing butts out of car windows.

I would gladly do time kicking the crap out of someone for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Public bathroom with freezing cold water and equally freezing cold Dyson dryer. Hands were f*ckin blue when I left.

No, just an ongoing conversation between a couple of posters. I'd love to know what I miss if this goes on a lot, you could come back after an hour and have missed half a thread.

I have as much of a clue what's going on around here, as Father Dougal had about particle physics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

There was an obese bint walking around SuperValu Blackrock today, coughing not stop in to the air, over the shelves and not once did she cover her mouth with her hand or arm. She was also carrying one of these self scan hand thingies for her purchases.

She was disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Kid always gets fruit in school. The fruit generally is pretty manky but today he got an apple that was very clearly rotting. Kid said something to the teacher, teacher told him it's not her problem and to take it home and dispose it there.
    How about you don't hand out spoilt food to kids, you bint?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement