Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    People who claim they have "no filter".

"Oh I just say it as I see". Yeah, we all know that. Opinion on everything.

''People either love me or they hate me!''

I'm gonna go ahead and guess you're a prick so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Antares35 wrote: »
    We did share one before our circumstances changed, and I would be lying if I said I don't miss him :( But I also know his life would be in danger if he woke me at 2am snoring :pac:
    I've managed to muttering oh for foooks sake and kicking him in the leg for decades when he snores. The I remind myself that I'm no saint and he puts him with far more from me than I have to with him. It all balances out, whatever works for the couple is all that matters not what anyone else thinks you should be doing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's the start of Lent, I'm in no way religious but the Irish Independent have a story about fasting and Lent and are using a photo of a Muslim woman in a hijab to sideline it to Ramadan. Firstly, Lent is an optional thing that most Christians don't do any more and secondly Ramadan is not optional Muslims have no choice in doing it.

You might want to double-check your sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I was using the self service checkouts in a large supermarket and a chap wandered up with a trolley full of stuff

It’s not as he was saving time, there were plenty of normal checkouts open with hardly any queues. In fact it would be slower to do it self service

The shop assistant in charge of self service directed him over to the proper checkouts and he gave out hell over it. Fair play to the staff member, self service is not for full trolleys and she stood her ground

He got thick over it, stormed out and left the trolley. Now another staff member will have to restock everything

TA’d at the entitlement as if he is better than us all. I hope they bar him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I've managed to muttering oh for foooks sake and kicking him in the leg for decades when he snores. The I remind myself that I'm no saint and he puts him with far more from me than I have to with him. It all balances out, whatever works for the couple is all that matters not what anyone else thinks you should be doing.

Unfortunately that doesn't work for us as it becomes an endless cycle of me waking him to say he is snoring, him apologising and then doing it again a few minutes later..not how I want to spend my night! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I was using the self service checkouts in a large supermarket and a chap wandered up with a trolley full of stuff

It’s not as he was saving time, there were plenty of normal checkouts open with hardly any queues. In fact it would be slower to do it self service

The shop assistant in charge of self service directed him over to the proper checkouts and he gave out hell over it. Fair play to the staff member, self service is not for full trolleys and she stood her ground

He got thick over it, stormed out and left the trolley. Now another staff member will have to restock everything

TA’d at the entitlement as if he is better than us all. I hope they bar him

In my local supermarket, there is a clear sign saying that the self service is basket only, no trolleys. They narrowed the entrance to the self service queue with the placement of the sign.

Some people still insist on blundering through. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,382 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

2 pairs of black socks went into the washing machine and now none of the 4 of the individual socks are the same length :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

In my local supermarket, there is a clear sign saying that the self service is basket only, no trolleys. They narrowed the entrance to the self service queue with the placement of the sign.

Some people still insist on blundering through. :rolleyes:

I've brought a trolley through self service. I would only have a few items though. Carrying a basket around can be a pain in the hole, especially when it gets heavy.

Supermarket shopping in general is my annoyance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA the online advice for supporting grieving people is very limited and basic. In general, awareness campaigns are almost vapid.

Edit. The online advice was a good starting point to build on. Could be more detailed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

Foodstuffs that proudly say ''Resealable'' They never are.

• Advertisement

Wtf ? wrote: »
    Foodstuffs that proudly say ''Resealable'' They never are.
    I bought a packet of smoked cheese slices in Dunnes yesterday that said the pack was resealable, it tore in 2 places while I was opening it. What's the point in lying about it?

TA the online advice for supporting grieving people is very limited and basic. In general, awareness campaigns are almost vapid.

Edit. The online advice was a good starting point to build on. Could be more detailed.
    You might be better looking for smaller more local groups than general online information. I hope you find something that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

People hiding behind their "issues".
    Just an excuse to act like a ballbag and accept no responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The Rubberbandits.

They've become full of shíte and self importance. Everything they initially rallied against.
    There's a video gone viral on Twitter of an Aircoach stopped on the side of the road on it's Cork to Dublin journey.
    The Driver apologised but said there's a horse in the field that the owners been neglecting so he stops to feed him.
    Nice story.

They've jumped on the back it saying it's brilliantly "anti-colonialism" by the Irish.

WT actual fúck does that mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

Back to foodstuff, That CRAPPY plastic they pack pasta etc in. No matter how careful you are it always rips arseways:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭Be right back

People who fall asleep in the cinema and start snoring!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I met my friend out walking his dog last night and it kept jumping up on me. Friend thought it was gas 'oh he likes you, you've made a friend there etc' but my good jeans got muddy streaks on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Dunno what to have for lunch. Something smells lovely here in the office but I can't figure out what it is or who owns it.

razorblunt wrote: »
    The Rubberbandits.

They've become full of shíte and self importance. Everything they initially rallied against.
    There's a video gone viral on Twitter of an Aircoach stopped on the side of the road on it's Cork to Dublin journey.
    The Driver apologised but said there's a horse in the field that the owners been neglecting so he stops to feed him.
    Nice story.

They've jumped on the back it saying it's brilliantly "anti-colonialism" by the Irish.

There's horses starving in fields all over Ireland, usually dumped by the people who celebrated their 'ethnicity Day' yesterday. Rescues can't keep up with it because there are so many horses, well done to that driver for helping. Won't here the pair of tw!ts calling out the ethnic minority on the abuse though.

The term 'their truth', there's only THE truth and fiction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’m seeing this a lot lately. Owners who have picked up their dog dirt and put it in a poo bag, and instead of waiting for the nearest bin, they tie the bag around a tree branch. What is the actual point of that? Utterly disgusting. The poo would be better off on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 15,949 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

razorblunt wrote: »
    The Rubberbandits.

Nice story.

Did those English rotters dump the horse there in between occupying and general all round Black and Tanning?
    Do Aircoach drivers have bales of hay with them for such eventualities?
    Bit ironic that Aircoach is a subsidiary of a UK transport group..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I’m seeing this a lot lately. Owners who have picked up their dog dirt and put it in a poo bag, and instead of waiting for the nearest bin, they tie the bag around a tree branch. What is the actual point of that? Utterly disgusting. The poo would be better off on the ground

I do this where there is no bin provided, and I collect it on the way back and dispose of it when I find a bin or use the bin at home. I'm not going to carry a bag of sh*t with me for a 4 mile round trip. If they can put the effort and resources into erecting signs detailing fines etc. then they can provide a feckin bin too.

The poo would be better off on the ground

No it wouldn't, neither are acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I do this where there is no bin provided, and I collect it on the way back and dispose of it when I find a bin or use the bin at home. I'm not going to carry a bag of sh*t with me for a 4 mile round trip. If they can put the effort and resources into erecting signs detailing fines etc. then they can provide a feckin bin too.

Oi, no-one forces a dog on you, or forces you to walk it in public, or forces you to let it shite on public ground, or forces you to walk a 4 mile round trip, provide your own solution. Temporary litter is still litter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

It would be better off left unbagged as long as its not on a path. Least it will biodegrade into grass, mud.

I do agree with the poster above that more bins should be provided but then I've seen so many public bins full of (and surrounded by) household waste. It must get irritating for the council to constantly clean up after wasters.

There's my TA, people who dump their household waste on the ground around public bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Where I was walking, there was a bin about two minutes further up. And this bag had been hanging for quite some time. There was a swarm of flies around it. I would absolutely carry it with me until I found a bin.
    No it wouldn't, neither are acceptable.

I agree but at least the rain would eventually wash it away or it would biodegrade into the grass, hanging on a tree in a bag is absolutely disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

TAd at dogs - they're turning us all against each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,612 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I always find “comfort” in carrying the little bag around with me when I’m in the park at dusk or on a dark winter’s night.

I feel it adds a level of “protection” against any, potential, muggers.

Carrying a knife is illegal and “fisted” keys always strikes me as a way of injuring yourself more. No, give me a little bag of dog poop and I feel much safer.

Safety never smelled so bad.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

Your Face wrote: »
    TAd at dogs - they're turning us all against each other.

Dogs are fine, owners are the problem.

The pair next door, I've never seen them outside of their run or being walked. It's like a prison for them. Why do these people bother getting dogs when all they do with them is stick them in a mini Alcatraz.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement