Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I always find “comfort” in carrying the little bag around with me when I’m in the park on at dusk or on a dark winter’s night.

I feel it adds a level of “protection” against any, potential, muggers.

Carrying a knife is illegal and “fisted” keys always strikes me as a way of injuring yourself more. No, give me a little bag of dog poop and I feel much safer.

Safety never smelled so bad.

Keeps the auld hands warm on a cold winters night too, Emmet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Dogs are fine, owners are the problem.

It was a wee joke. There is the rest of boards for the back and forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Your Face wrote: »
    TAd at dogs - they're turning us all against each other.

Rise of the Planet of the Canines.

Step 1: Make the humans fight over our ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I always find “comfort” in carrying the little bag around with me when I’m in the park on at dusk or on a dark winter’s night.

Carrying a knife is illegal and “fisted” keys always strikes me as a way of injuring yourself more. No, give me a little bag of dog poop and I feel much safer.

:D

Keeps the auld hands warm on a cold winters night too, Emmet.

Shure you could put butter on it :pac:

• Advertisement

Dogs are fine, owners are the problem.

The pair next door, I've never seen them outside of their run or being walked. It's like a prison for them. Why do these people bother getting dogs when all they do with them is stick them in a mini Alcatraz.

So sad, I will never understand this. One of the joys of having a dog is getting them out and about and allowing them to be proper dogs and express natural behaviour. There's also the benefit that you have to get out and about whatever the weather or schedule, rather than being stuck to the sofa. Though of late when it's minus ar*e freezing outside, I do question this one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Visions of a mugger being beaten half to death with a bag of spicy dogshite

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,396 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Visions of a mugger being beaten half to death with a bag of spicy dogshite

:pac::pac:

There was a woman on the radio donkeys years ago and she called up to mock the guy that mugged her. Apparently she uses an old handbag carry around the used poop bags.

I would love to of been a fly on the wall when that mugger opened up the handbag to take stock of his inventory :D:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

There was a woman on the radio donkeys years ago and she called up to mock the guy that mugged her. Apparently she uses an old handbag carry around the used poop bags.

I would love to of been a fly on the wall when that mugger opened up the handbag to take stock of his inventory :D:D

I'm trying to suppress laughter here, but I've an attack of the giggles and tears streaming down my face. Well done, Shelly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Any fly would be delighted with a bag of shyte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Umbrellas everywhere. Just because it is banjaxxed don't mean you can ram it into a hedge, stick it between a fence or wedge it in behind one of those little esb boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

When soneone is only interested in either form, or function, without an.appreciation for both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Duffy's song "Mercy" stuck in my head since she made her announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,628 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Duffy's song "Mercy" stuck in my head since she made her announcement.

Try listening to ‘Warwick Avenue’, it’s a much better tune.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,554 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Umbrellas everywhere. Just because it is banjaxxed don't mean you can ram it into a hedge, stick it between a fence or wedge it in behind one of those little esb boxes.

Umbrellas in general. They'll be banned when I stage my benevolent coup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Try listening to ‘Warwick Avenue’, it’s a much better tune.

Also in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭Be right back

Shops that reduce the price of items but charge you the full price at the till.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Karma doesn't exist. It's make believe.

4BgQqZI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

TA stuck in a daydream / procrastination loop. I seriously need a boot up the hole. But not just yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People who dont move up in queues.There must have been a mile between the first and second fella in the queue.Move up for fecks sake.

• Advertisement

TA there are at least 6 named shades of red hair but they're usually all casually dismissed as "ginger".

Also a serious TA is how normal texting while driving is. It can be worse than drink driving.

People who stand breathing down your neck in a queue, there's plenty of room, you have your spot, no need to climb into my jocks - you won't get to the top any quicker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

People who stand breathing down your neck in a queue, there's plenty of room, you have your spot, no need to climb into my jocks - you won't get to the top any quicker
    And the ones who keep 'accidentally' bumping you when you're in a queue. I literally cannot ram the person in front of me. Also the people who are in the queue behind me who ask if I can pass them a divider for the shopping when the only way I can do that is to walk past 2 customers ahead of me and get one from in front of them, so I usually just say NO. Aul ones who try to skip the queue by asking if they can because they only have a few things, NO fricking way, if I've only a few things myself. Don't get me wrong, if I see an elderly person with a heavy basket or who looks like they might need to go ahead then I'll always offer to let them go first, it's the cheeky ones who try to use age as an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,628 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

And the ones who keep 'accidentally' bumping you when you're in a queue.

Be very careful with those ones, M. There are a group of perverts engaging in, what is known as, “frottaging”.

They “get off” on grinding up against people, or even objects. If you’ve ever had to stand on public transport you’ll encounter these creeps. I have, personally, seen two different ones getting “gratification” from the vibrations from the pump at a petrol station. Real unseemly stuff.

If you’re trying to squeeze past them on a packed bus, or train, they feign you move out of your way put they push out their “groinal” region and press it against you.

I’m aware that some will view this as a “victimless” crime and is, somewhat, low on the sex pestery scale but I still try to keep my basket, bag, or whatever I have on me to use as a “shield” to prevent any contact.

Be aware of your surroundings, and who is in them. And don’t be afraid to issue a swift elbow to anyone who gets “too close”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

EmmetSpiceland, as a child I had a neighbour who was a frotteur. He was a little older than me and it was my hair he used to have a thing about touching, rubbing and feeling. I dont know if he had other targets or I was a 'favourite' :O

My TA today is getting nowhere with verifying my PayPal account. None of my id has been good enough yet and sometimes the webpage just freezes while I'm uploading it.
    I can't make any sales if I can't use my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭blade1

dubstarr wrote: »
    People who dont move up in queues.There must have been a mile between the first and second fella in the queue.Move up for fecks sake.

Well if you don't move up dubstarr is going to keep on breathing on you :pac:

blade1 wrote: »
    Well if you don't move up dubstarr is going to keep on breathing on you :pac:

I'm quite the farter, dubstarr et al better peg the sniffer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Windows explorer - when I open multiple windows it's usually because I need to, you know, open multiple windows so I can copy stuff, or move stuff, or even find stuff. Why, oh, WHY, does MS open these Windows on top of each other so I have to keep moving the bloody things around the screen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,721 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have about 3/4 Chapstick things. Can I find one ??? Arrgh

• Advertisement

Uploaded the docs the Paypal agent said will suffice. No change to a/c. Phone them.again and same agent in a very abrasive tone rejected the docs. So I've to get a new copy of my birth cert. Another €40. So much for keeping costs down.
    I know its better to have it anyway but this isn't a good time for it.
    1st time I was ever disappointed in their customer services and I suppose it's due to rules made externally but still the whole process has been inefficient and the agent's manner was rude.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement