Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I have a friend who is notoriously workshy and averages about 25 sick days a year. All paid. She happens to be in the house this evening.

I was in the office from 8.30am to 6pm today and am sitting at home with the laptop out since I got in. I just made a comment about not getting paid enough and she goes "Yeah, I feel your pain, it's so unfair". She's been on (paid) sick leave since the start of December! How I didn't pull her over the table and strangle her with the charging cable is beyond me.
    Be another 6 weeks off work then.

So, this post and response were from Jan 27th. She's still off work. And informed me today she's not going back until Easter.

All this because she had a mole removed from her leg. I literally cannot contain the eyeroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

The constant hype about Ireland's film industry. We've made a bigger impact in world darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

There was an obese bint walking around SuperValu Blackrock today, coughing not stop in to the air, over the shelves and not once did she cover her mouth with her hand or arm. She was also carrying one of these self scan hand thingies for her purchases.

She was disgusting.

Fat people are generally disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

TA ^

This shit

• Registered Users Posts: 21,873 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Extremely judgemental people are my TA .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,324 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People who send emails with the "Important" flag set. Do they really think i will respond to them first?

TA ^

This shit

What's the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

So, this post and response were from Jan 27th. She's still off work. And informed me today she's not going back until Easter.

All this because she had a mole removed from her leg. I literally cannot contain the eyeroll.

We have one like that in our place, there's a guessing game most Thursday afternoons as to whether or not she'll turn up Friday morning.

A few weeks ago she finished up at 3.00 one afternoon as she had a "dentist appointment". The following morning I asked her how she got on and without blinking she said "Fine, I was just getting them whitened for a wedding this weekend"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I have as much of a clue what's going on around here, as Father Dougal had about particle physics.

You were wearing your blue jumper...

What's the problem?

No problem I spose, post just makes you look like a cunt is all, and cunts are a TA to me.

• Advertisement

Seamai wrote: »
    We have one like that in our place, there's a guessing game most Thursday afternoons as to whether or not she'll turn up Friday morning or not.

A few weeks ago she finished up at 3.00 one afternoon as she had a "dentist appointment". The following morning I asked her how she got on and without blinking she said "Fine, I was just getting them whitened for a wedding this weekend"

I have to ask: is she a public sector worker?

No problem I spose, post just makes you look like a cunt is all, and cunts are a TA to me.

LOL...:p

I prefer to play with ***** myself. Much more fun. I find obesity and heavily overweight people disgusting- I can't help it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I have to ask: is she a public sector worker?

No, previous to starting with us she worked remotely for a big multinational, I suspect she was given the door.

LOL...:p

I prefer to play with ***** myself. Much more fun. I find obesity and heavily overweight people disgusting- I can't help it.

Fair enough, all entitled to opinions I guess, thought your post was a bit mean is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Probably far more serious but TA China. WTF were you doing eating bats in the first place? Now we all have to put up with this sh*t storm. :mad: If it all blows over and we don't all end up dead, I really hope there will be some punitive repercussions for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭Bredabe

People who comment and act out, about my age and how 'easy' I have it, when they have long commutes and no money after they pay childcare/mortgages etc and have crappy but well paid jobs full of idiots and chancers.

Ta at the arrogance and anger that blinds them to the fact that I had to do and put up with most of that kind of thing when.........I was YOUNG(by their standards) as well.

Just cause Im technical an empty nester doesn't mean my life was any easier then their's currently.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Airport security measures and the lack of consistency at different airports (again!):

Flew from Cork to Manchester on Thursday morning. Unlaced my boots and prepared to take them off, but was told not to bother unless they were steel toecaps (they aren't).

Flew back yesterday and chanced waiting in line without unlacing my boots, but was told to take them off.

Fair enough, I don't mind if I have to take them off every time, but why only sometimes? What sense does it make anyway, what could I possibly be hiding in a pair of tightly laced Doc Martens?

And the real pisser of the security in Manchester (and most everywhere I think) was that I have to put my cigarette lighter in a see through plastic bag in order to go through the security check, but am then free to take it out of the bag once I've passed through into departures.

Worst of all is that there doesn't seem to be much logic in a lot of the procedures, but woe betide anyone that dares to question this whilst in the airport.

I love flying and even enjoy a few hours in an airport, relaxing in the bar. But my God, even for someone as laid back as me, there are so many trivial annoyances with passing through security.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA an adversarial attitude to the world that some people have. Sadly it's just what happens in some cases after life has battered you around too many times. We can be aware of our own attitudes and try to improve, though.

Also TA people finishing others' sentences. With completely wildly wrongly presumed endings. Tbe height of bad manners.

TA gaping. Close your mouth, ill bred swine! Manners cost nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Man, you think of all the people who drag themselves into work every day whilst dealing with chronic illnesses. I know somebody who runs an animal shelter (pretty physical work) whilst dealing with early onset arthritis that is quite severe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I love flying and even enjoy a few hours in an airport, relaxing in the bar. But my God, even for someone as laid back as me, there are so many trivial annoyances with passing through security.

They are all on silly power trips. You can't question anything or you'll be shot. Wouldn't mind but the days of hijackings are long gone. While they are busy giving people a hard time over liquid eyeliner and scented candles, maniacs are ploughing trucks down pedestrian walkways. They are ten steps behind all the time. Nobody is going to take down a feckin plane with a lighter. :mad:

• Advertisement

TA terrible car sickness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Antares35 wrote: »
    Probably far more serious but TA China. WTF were you doing eating bats in the first place? Now we all have to put up with this sh*t storm. :mad: If it all blows over and we don't all end up dead, I really hope there will be some punitive repercussions for them.
    The Chinese government has banned it now but they'll probably keep eating cats and dogs boiled alive. I don't understand how a country which is at the cutting edge of technology can be so bloody backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The Chinese government has banned it now but they'll probably keep eating cats and dogs boiled alive. I don't understand how a country which is at the cutting edge of technology can be so bloody backwards.

There may be a country that feels the same about us eating cows.

I'm sure our black pudding raises a few eyebrows too.

Each to their own n all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Clients being unnecessarily rude, dismissive, hostile, abrupt and inconsiderate of my time.

I've had a day of bs from clients where my usual "kill them with kindness" mask is slipping and I'm tempted to call these people on their total lack of respect in their engagement with me. I know better than to take it personally, but it still galls me. Rude people are RUDE!

They are all on silly power trips. You can't question anything or you'll be shot. Wouldn't mind but the days of hijackings are long gone. While they are busy giving people a hard time over liquid eyeliner and scented candles, maniacs are ploughing trucks down pedestrian walkways. They are ten steps behind all the time. Nobody is going to take down a feckin plane with a lighter. :mad:
    Yep, and too many times it's turned out that the culprits are employed by the airports as baggage handlers or other behind the scenes jobs. I think I'll try the fast track option next time I fly and see if that makes a difference, or book one of the lounges.

Ive lost/mislaid/had stolen a £500.000 antique necklace. Worse, it's my engagement present.
    I have a terrible tendency to leave a trail of jewellery behind me wherever I go :(
    I'm not awash with expensive jewellery. That was the most expensive. It waschosen for me instead of an engagement ring, because I don't like to wear rings. I wouldn't have spent that much.

It's not that I wasn't taking care of it. Clasps come undone by themselves, on my jewellery. Seriously.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Eating?

I want to know who was banging the bats.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I really hope there will be some punitive repercussions for them.

It's China. Good luck with that.

There may be a country that feels the same about us eating cows.

I'm sure our black pudding raises a few eyebrows too.

Each to their own n all that.
    Yes, but we don't eat whales and powdered rhino horns, snakes and all sorts of other creatures believing they have some sort of magical powers. I'll get in trouble for saying it, but karma is a bitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,402 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Eoin Ó Broin's glasses!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement