Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    People who claim they have "no filter". Just shut up, if you've nothing good to say about someone or something, just keep your mouth shut.
    "Oh I just say it as I see". Yeah, we all know that. Opinion on everything.

I usually find they are the ones that cant take critisism.They can dish it out but cant take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

In every webpage I open I get an Alibaba ad for a "female genital model".
    Basically a model of a woman's midriff.
    I'd prefer it that didn't appear on my screen at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The perils of simply trying to enjoy tea and toast.

First, actually making the tea and toast. No matter what time you use the work kitchen, someone will appear - "oh that smells delicious" / "Oh I would love to but I am trying to be good" etc. It's bread - have a feckin slice if you want one that badly. Then the merry dance of trying to pour the tea, access the fridge to take the butter out, take a plate from the press etc. while there is someone standing in your way and all the while you need to make small talk.

Finally get to bring said tea and toast to desk and someone else proceeds to talk at me for 10 minutes about non work stuff while it all goes cold.

God I really wish people would practice silence a bit more.

:(:(:(

At last. I have a TA.

Me feet are freezing!

:D

People who arrange meetings just to validate their own existence. Feckin meeting after meeting talking about things and assigning actions and monitoring progress etc. instead of just doing the work.

People calling a meeting to discuss "X, Y and Z" but won't actually specify what they want to discuss. It is usually just a chance for them to flex their muscles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

It's the start of Lent, I'm in no way religious but the Irish Independent have a story about fasting and Lent and are using a photo of a Muslim woman in a hijab to sideline it to Ramadan. Firstly, Lent is an optional thing that most Christians don't do any more and secondly Ramadan is not optional Muslims have no choice in doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Pulling in to the side of the road to let people easily pass on narrow roads - when they don't acknowledge the act I feel like ripping their teeth out with a shovel
    Same as obviously holding a door open for somebody and no thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Antares35 wrote: »
    People who arrange meetings just to validate their own existence. Feckin meeting after meeting talking about things and assigning actions and monitoring progress etc. instead of just doing the work.

People calling a meeting to discuss "X, Y and Z" but won't actually specify what they want to discuss. It is usually just a chance for them to flex their muscles.

Sounds like you need to work in a cave (with tea and roast making facilities) or get a new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

The perils of simply trying to enjoy tea and toast.

First, actually making the tea and toast. No matter what time you use the work kitchen, someone will appear - "oh that smells delicious" / "Oh I would love to but I am trying to be good" etc. It's bread - have a feckin slice if you want one that badly. Then the merry dance of trying to pour the tea, access the fridge to take the butter out, take a plate from the press etc. while there is someone standing in your way and all the while you need to make small talk.

Finally get to bring said tea and toast to desk and someone else proceeds to talk at me for 10 minutes about non work stuff while it all goes cold.

God I really wish people would practice silence a bit more.

:(:(:(

I see you have met my other half:D.No matter what time,day or night im in the kitchen trying to make something.Up he pops.Just feck off and let me make my food,i would be done in half the time.

Sounds like you need to work in a cave (with tea and roast making facilities) or get a new job.

Or I just have a TA that I have posted in a TA thread
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I intensely dislike them.
    Unrefined, bad mannered pigs.
    "I dont mince my words" that is because you lack the intelligence to express yourself in a manner that isn't blunt and ignorant.

They have to air every single thought, and they're never helpful or valuable thoughts.

Exactly.

As the saying goes, there's a reason why we have two ears and one mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

People trying to politicise everything.

I read the papers too thank you.

Just opened the press to be assaulted by falling cups and mugs because some lazy eejit played jenga with the crockery rather than putting it away properly.

This cracked my favourite mug - 15 years I've had that mug; it faithfully conveyed literally thousands of litres of tea to my lips over those years.

Good night sweet prince :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    People who claim they have "no filter". Just shut up, if you've nothing good to say about someone or something, just keep your mouth shut.
    "Oh I just say it as I see". Yeah, we all know that. Opinion on everything.
    I'd love to personally install a filter in these people. Can you guess where I would shove it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Be right back

At least you have some bit of a routine..I work shifts, and it's either night or day shifts..my biological clock doesn't have a clue what's going on..I can either be up and wide awake at 6 in the morning, or struggle to get up at 12..I can be falling asleep at 4 in the afternoon, and bouncing around the place at 4 in the morning..shur how would you be right?..

Nights are rubbish. Starting a stint of nights next week. Allergic at the thought of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Uni are suspending my IT/Email privileges until I return and pay next september, all good not expecting something for nothing. There are emails I want to keep from that email and my usual way of moving things like this doesn't work(commands aren't there)

So I email x dept where the message came from, they refer me to y dept, they send me an auto message and a few days after, tell me that they have closed the query. NOT that they have told me how to do what I asked.

Yesterday I resubmit the questions, and I get a response that basically says, 'you've not paid your fee's and that's why', my response to this email was bounced back to me!

So many ta's about this.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,334 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I worked in a place where constantly did that.
    They had meetings about when to hold the next meeting. :D
    They were experts at making things sound important.
    One fella clearly used to get a kick out of them, 'that was enjoyable meeting' etc.
    Very little actual work was done in the place.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

At last. I have a TA.

Me feet are freezing!

:D

It's a slippery slope!

Cold feet are a common gateway annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I bought myself a new year's present on amazon, it wasnt right and I, after a lot of running around from the seller, returned it to the address supplied.

I messaged them to say I had sent it and expected my refund to cycle through in 10 working days, when it didnt I messaged them to ask what the issue was.

They want me to send proof of delivery! and are saying the proof of postage isn't good enough, and on and on for over a month.

Having been asked again for the proof of delivery I wrote this info on their review and got a demand from the company to remove the review(even if I would, I can't find it on the review page) and then a lot of poor me and they were only asking for proof of delivery.

Of course they say the parcel has not arrived to their eu address.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying and I have no idea what else to do, but now they've made me dig my heels in!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

It's a slippery slope!

Cold feet are a common gateway annoyance.
    Just keep them away from me in bed, ya hear? :mad:

• Advertisement

Just keep them away from me in bed, ya hear? :mad:

I intend to sleep in myown separate bed part of the timewhen I move in with my fiancee. There's a lot to be said for keeping some of your own space. TA the idea that couples must fuse at the hip and doeverything together forevermore. So suffocating.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,094 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Got my teeth deep cleaned yesterday under local anaesthetic. Got through it like a trooper though :D

I don't know what is a bigger TA since though:

a) My teeth are really sensitive even to a small sip of water.

b) My hygiene routine now includes three extra procedures to do every night on top of regular brushing, about ten minutes in all (dentist even said to try to do the extra procedures during lunch at work at work- ain't nobody has time for that).

c) I am due at least one more cleaning in a few weeks time- they cost €200-odd a pop. Not to mention an hour's journey up to Dublin (and my next appointment finishes just when the rush-hour begins, with a numb face on me to boot)

The periodontist couldn't have been nicer, but I still hate her profession.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'd love to personally install a filter in these people. Can you guess where I would shove it ;)

People who claim to not have a filter aren't even remotely like those of us who do actually have a faulty filter. We tend not to advertise the fact because it's usually embarrasingly self -evidently. I'm perfectly capable of keeping my opinions to myself but how I express them can be a problem that I don't think I'll ever fully master. The poster who said that it's not always negative things that can be expressed clumsily is right.Oh, that heart sinking moment when you tell a platonic male friend that he's a great guy and he's become very special to you and you see the look of terror sweep across his face because he thinks you mean something more than your words.

TA rude people who don't actually understand what not having a filter means but boast about it and double TA to all you boring Nuero typical people who don't seem to understand that some of us just mean what we say and say what we mean. Why can't you just stop with the nuance!? WHY?

When having a neutral accent is mistaken for an English accent, and something to be erased. An English accent is something I would have no issue with as long as it's not a squawking Essex accent.
    Tbh I've come to the conclusion I'd much rather English than muck savage, English - hating bigots.

I intend to sleep in myown separate bed part of the timewhen I move in with my fiancee. There's a lot to be said for keeping some of your own space. TA the idea that couples must fuse at the hip and doeverything together forevermore. So suffocating.

We sleep in separate rooms at the moment. OH is a chronic, loud snorer and is up and out for work at 05:30. I'm pregnant, working full time and studying so need my sleep. It just wouldn't work if we slept in the same room right now. It seems odd but it works for us. I'd rather that than be like my parents - going to bed together then having a fight literally every morning at 3am which culminates in my dad having to leave and go into the spare room anyway. :o

We sleep in separate rooms at the moment. OH is a chronic, loud snorer and is up and out for work at 05:30. I'm pregnant, working full time and studying so need my sleep. It just wouldn't work if we slept in the same room right now. It seems odd but it works for us. I'd rather that than be like my parents - going to bed together then having a fight literally every morning at 3am which culminates in my dad having to leave and go into the spare room anyway. :o

I dont think it is odd. There are plenty of sound reasons like yours that aren't a reflection on the affection between the couple.

I slept alone for 5 years when at home and one of the things that made me refuse to live with my past boyfriend was the dread of losing that space. On top of that, I go through stages of stress which means I might talk in my sleep, toss and turn and splay all over the bed. I'd have to be self consciously minding my behaviour in bed if we shared it every single night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

When you share a bed with someone for a long time the bed feels very empty without them, even if they do snore and hog the sheets and treat you like a hot water bottle. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Raw broccoli does not constitute as a side salad.
    That's just lazy.
    At least blanche the bloody thing a bit.

To thine own self be true

When you share a bed with someone for a long time the bed feels very empty without them, even if they do snore and hog the sheets and treat you like a hot water bottle. :D

We did share one before our circumstances changed, and I would be lying if I said I don't miss him :( But I also know his life would be in danger if he woke me at 2am snoring :pac:

• Advertisement

Depends on the bedmate, Milicently :) I didn't miss the one I had in those 5 years and I never feel sad on the many nights Im away from my fiance. Although sometimes just before getting in I do miss him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement