Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Regift it this Crimbo :D

But it's open..... I'm not that cheap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,181 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Right so I met a few cousins for Christmas drinks earlier (I have a lot of cousins so any meet up is a serious affair). Love em all to bits. Only one of them is married to an absolute beautiful saint of a woman, but he is so mysogynostic its unreal.

The late bar was busy so most people were buying two drinks at a time. Said wife bought two alcopops to sip away on while the cousin had one G&T. Anyway, came near to closing time and cousin grabs one of his wife's bottles, essentially downs it while it was dribbling down his chin and tells her in no uncertain terms that 'your my wife and you'll come home with me NOW'. I am genuinely upset by the behaviour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

running out of cans when the offie is closed … just saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Getting bah humbugged for expressing my dislike for Love fucking Actually. I love Christmas. I hate shitty films. The trains don’t meet here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Getting bah humbugged for expressing my dislike for Love fucking Actually. I love Christmas. I hate shitty films. The trains don’t meet here.

its a crap movie , not your fault, do you have any spare cans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭con___manx1

People being rude to service staff. It's a busy time of year for them so they don't need ignorent idiots making their day harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Elves on shelves.

We have two and they made Snow angels out of flour in the kitchen overnight. Little jerks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Lazy ***** in Argos who won't bother walking over and handing you out your stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Lazy ***** in Argos who won't bother walking over and handing you out your stuff.

My version of that: the jumper I ordered on Brown Thomas online a week ago is now ready for collection. Thanks guys, I'll just nip up from Mayo later on to collect it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Graphic photos in WhatsApp group that have no prior warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Cryptic TAs.
    Tell us what's annoying you or don't bother posting - stop alluding to stuff, mysteriously.

People who think because their pal is in the queue, it entitles them to skip the queue to that point.
    I don't care if you are "together". You are two people, making separate transactions. Queue like everyone else.

Yesterday, I fancied a breakfast sandwich. Mine is very simple; brown bread, brown sauce, bacon and hash browns, no butter.
    Genious behind the counter put hash browns on one half and bacon on the other!!
    Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

During the summer I made some cream slices for one of the kids' birthdays', I put the left over flakey pastry in the freezer to make my own mince pies this am. I've taken the freezer apart trying to find it and I cant. I have all the other fixings bought and ready.

TA, That I brave the shops and buy more and try to get them in the oven at peak precook time(not mine), or spend more money on buying them in at 3 for 2e!

TA2, I freaking love flakey pastry mince pies, 3 wont get me through today, let alone all christmas.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

My eldest chick had a shower by herself, my two youngest chicks just had a bath with no help from me or herself........delighted my girls are developing independence but more signs that time is moving on and they're getting older....

Just as I was writing this they called me up to give them their bag of coal.....I throw them over my shoulder and carry them to their bedroom while they are wrapped in towels so all not lost yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Entire families out in extremely busy areas (Grafton street) acting like tourists, going really slow all spread out in a line leaving no way to pass without having to flatten one of the poor kids :pac:

Also families out in force doing the food shop letting the kids do what they want, running around the shop getting in people's way. Sure everything great for them once their own children are not bothering them. this bolloxology at xmas is bad form. There's alot of adults acting like kids aswell, I swear some people dont know how to behave in a supermarket, some think its theirs.

I was in supervalue earlier and there was a father with three kids under the age of six and I don't know what the kids were doing but I think it was there own versions of the Riverdance and nutcracker combined :D The fella hadn't a clue what he was supposed to be getting and looked like he realized he had the children with him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

DareGod wrote: »
    Are they Philips brand by any chance? I've had two Philips brand bluetooth headphones and the Battery Low announcement is incredibly loud and obnoxious!

No, they're Sony but its just as heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

****ing fuming, trying to record a track but no matter what I do can't get the guitar to sound good. UGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

During the 8th ref, I put an A4 size pro choice poster on one of the windows in the house entrance, ppl would have had to walk into the house to see it.
    I did this because, 1. I didnt want the frail lady next door being disturbed by canvassers ringing the bell and the dogs going mental. 2. I have had horrible experiences with canvassers on this issue before( in one case bordering on harassment and verbal assault)

Next door put a pro life sticker on her car, which she took down three days after the vote, as she was scared her car would be vandalised b/c of it.

TA, today is the second time she left in the annual christmas card/sweeties and left my previously included name off them.

* tho part of me finds it slightly amusing she thinks she is making her point 18ish months after the vote.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People who line up their presents and take pictures of them with hashtags like #boydonegood need to be shot in the vagina

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

People who line up their presents and take pictures of them with hashtags like #boydonegood need to be shot in the vagina

Idiots telling burglars what loot they'd find!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This is only a slight TA but trying to have a sneaky spliff at my super straight brothers in Scotland, the stuff is so stinky I practically have to smoke it nearly a quarter of a mile from the house hahaha. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I have had this semi-permanent cough for about 12 years, now. It comes and goes, but always comes at the most inconvenient times - never when I'm just on my own and minding my own business.

I'm going to the cinema tonight, and I know this thing is just going to give me anxiety throughout. It's one of those tickly coughs that creep up the throat ever so slowly, until it becomes unbearable then I have to let out this (well and truly annoying) loud bark to get rid of it. I also have a nippy throat.

This is my punishment for being so uppity about having a better immune system than everyone in my family. The one time they all get better, I get this.

Also TA that I can never define the cough well enough to get the right cough medicine. Yeah, I know I said tickly, but I honestly can't tell the difference between a tickly cough, a dry cough and a chesty cough. To me, a cough is a f*ckin' cough until I get the wrong cough bottle unknowingly, then I get the opinion that all cough bottles are shíte.

I hope there isn't a lot of people going to this film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

People who refer to Christmas as 'the Christmas'. I want to stab them in the eye with a fork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

People who refer to Christmas as 'the Christmas'. I want to stab them in the eye with a fork.

Oh God yes.

"Well, are you all set for the Christmas?“

"Well, how did you get over the Christmas?" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭MMyers

People who idolize celebrities and celeb culture

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I have had this semi-permanent cough for about 12 years, now. It comes and goes, but always comes at the most inconvenient times - never when I'm just on my own and minding my own business.

I'm going to the cinema tonight, and I know this thing is just going to give me anxiety throughout. It's one of those tickly coughs that creep up the throat ever so slowly, until it becomes unbearable then I have to let out this (well and truly annoying) loud bark to get rid of it. I also have a nippy throat.

This is my punishment for being so uppity about having a better immune system than everyone in my family. The one time they all get better, I get this.

Also TA that I can never define the cough well enough to get the right cough medicine. Yeah, I know I said tickly, but I honestly can't tell the difference between a tickly cough, a dry cough and a chesty cough. To me, a cough is a f*ckin' cough until I get the wrong cough bottle unknowingly, then I get the opinion that all cough bottles are shíte.

Broncostop lozenges.
    Terrible name.
    Herbal yolks.
    From pharmacy.
    They really stop that urge to cough.
    I like the taste too.
    But sucking on any kind of hard sweet will help keep down that urge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

You need to relax and enjoy THE Christmas.
    😂😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Also TA that I can never define the cough well enough to get the right cough medicine. Yeah, I know I said tickly, but I honestly can't tell the difference between a tickly cough, a dry cough and a chesty cough. To me, a cough is a f*ckin' cough until I get the wrong cough bottle unknowingly, then I get the opinion that all cough bottles are sh.

Have you been to the doctor? You could have asthma and need an inhaler.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've been extra grumpy the last few days so I'm going to split this into two posts with different themes. :)

Do yellow boxes actually exist? I think they must be a figment of my imagination, because while I try to avoid stopping inside them, many people seem to ignore them completely....

Including some guy in an Audi I encountered yesterday. I was heading to Nexttownover and as usual, the traffic was so backed up on the off-ramp, the queue was way back on the hard shoulder. The van in front of me and myself indicated in plenty of time and moved over in plenty of time, but the Audi behind me literally gave 2 blinks of his indicator while lurching over at almost the last second. I suppose the guy close behind him might have gotten some clue he was going to do it because he was already braking, but you could have more consideration for the people around you.

He was still behind be a few minutes later when I put on my right indicator and started braking while approaching a junction. There was traffic approaching so I had to come to a complete stop, and he almost ran into the back of me. If only there was some clue I might have to stop......

And what is it with people washing their cars for Christmas? The queue for the attended car wash must have been more than a half hour long. On a miserable, showery winter's day. Sure it'll be filthy again by the time you get home....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

How grumpy is this :

I witnessed a shocking thing in the coffee shop earlier. The woman in front of me got a free coffee, because the person before her paid for a coffee for the next person. A kind of pay it forward type of thing. I'd hate it if that happened to me, because it's not actually a free cup of coffee - it's a social obligation to pay for the next person's coffee and keep the chain going!

Thankfully the lady in front of me who sounded French seemed to be unaware of the convention and seemed delighted with her free coffee. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

How grumpy is this :

I witnessed a shocking thing in the coffee shop earlier. The woman in front of me got a free coffee, because the person before her paid for a coffee for the next person. A kind of pay it forward type of thing. I'd hate it if that happened to me, because it's not actually a free cup of coffee - it's a social obligation to pay for the next person's coffee and keep the chain going!

Thankfully the lady in front of me who sounded French seemed to be unaware of the convention and seemed delighted with her free coffee. :D

I am Irish and would have been totally unaware also !! Never heard of this .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement