Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

furiousox wrote: »
    The Sun.
    Too low in the sky these days, blinds you when driving.
    It's like having a f'king strobe light going off in the corner of your eye for hours sometimes.
    Get it sorted asap!!
    This 100%. I have a scooter (would prefer a car but you have to cut your cloth and all that) and recently I've hated driving it. The glare is unbelievable. I'm due an eye test with Specsavers and I'm going to get one of the pairs made into prescription sunglasses. Needing sunglasses in the middle of winter just cracks me up for some reason :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Ah yes it's nearly Christmas and post on a Saturday...and I only get an ESB bill :p

Seven Worlds will Collide

Ah yes it's nearly Christmas and post on a Saturday...and I only get an ESB bill :p
    The only post I get is junk mail. ESB and bank statements are all online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Unobservant people.
    Went into shopping centre toilets earlier. Only one cubicle free. Lock busted. Propped my shopping bags against the door and threw my long coat over the top of the door- at least three feet of it were visible from the other side.

Some idiot still walks in on top of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Unobservant people.
    Went into shopping centre toilets earlier. Only one cubicle free. Lock busted. Propped my shopping bags against the door and threw my long coat over the top of the door- at least three feet of it were visible from the other side.

Some idiot still walks in on top of me.

I'm kinda freaked out that you'd put your bags and coat on the floor of a public toilet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'm kinda freaked out that you'd put your bags and coat on the ta of a public toilet!

Not really.
    ta is I'm in a dressing gown at 1o'clock

I'm kinda freaked out that you'd put your bags and coat on the floor of a public toilet!

The bags are plastic
    The coat wasn't touching the floor. It was on the top of the door.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I just reread a post of mine where I used their instead of there :( it is too late to edit the post.

Knowing it is their* forever is annoying me.

*intentional this time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Betting ads. Fcuk offft

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I usually say "lovely, thank you ' in shops. Today when I was handed my change I said, not for the first time, " love you" to the same opposite sex cashier.

*facepalms, while furiously practising saying "great, thanks" for future reference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Not being able to hold your place on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,372 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Vertigo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Been waiting for the bus for nearly 40 minutes. Grumble grumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Vertigo

Have you ever tried the Epley Manouver for vertigo ? It works great for my husband

• Registered Users Posts: 14,836 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Young lads looking for 'sponsorship' at the door.

Not unusual or annoying you might say, though the Saturday before Xmas week seems a little odd.

Then there's the cause - 'their Xmas party, because Monday is their last day' ??

Who is it for - 'the football club' ??

And what are they doing for the sponsorship ? - 'nothin' ??

When asked wheres the money going - 'their Xmas party, because Monday is their last day' ??

Sheet in their hand is literally a knock up in Excel with 'Christmas Party' as the title. ??

Which football club is this lads ? - 'Lucan' ........ This is about 5-6 miles from Lucan ??

Gerrupdayard, I says to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,184 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Should have just shared the bed with your friend. I've lost count of the times I've shared a bed with a man! :eek:

Trust me, no one deserves to be that close to me when the Guinness farts start

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A very sore achey arm after the flu vaccine . Ouch

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I just reread a post of mine where I used their instead of there :( it is too late to edit the post.

Knowing it is their* forever is annoying me.

*intentional this time ;)

That'd annoy me enough to ask a mod to edit it... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote:
    That'd annoy me enough to ask a mod to edit it...

A mischievous mod could restore the original post.

Good thing they don't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Why if you buy those pre made sandwiches in a garage, can you buy 2 of the same type, or 3 different ones?

Like, 2 blts, or 1 blt, 1 chicken & 1 ham & cheese?

I'm hungry and I want 3 the same.

God, I hate everything.

Day / date mismatches on event posters, notices and invites.

i.e. Friday 18 January 2020.

If you can't get that basic detail right then I'm not going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Parents walking their kids all the way to the line and standing there with them till they go in. Even after the school issued a message asking them to leave their kids at the gate as standing in or near the line with them makes it harder for the teachers as the yard gets quite chaotic. Let the kids walk in by themselves and carry their own bags. It's your job as a parent to get them ready for the big bad world and mollycoddling them is doing more harm than good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Christmas, forced "fun" and family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

Waiting in line at the post office for over an hour to post a present to a dog I sponsor with Dog's Trust. The bastard better enjoy it.

Waiting in line at the post office for over an hour to post a present to a dog I sponsor with Dog's Trust. The bastard better enjoy it.
    A couple of years ago I was posting a package to my brother in Switzerland. I was cutting it fine with delivery dates and the day I posted it was the last guaranteed day it would get there before christmas. She weighed the package and the postage was a lot more than I expected. She told me that if I split the package into two, the postage would cost less. At this stage it was 4.58 and the postman was packing up to leave at 5.00 so I ate the cost and sent it.

My brother was delighted (it was only a random bunch of Irish things he couldn't get in Switzerland such as tea bags, chocolate, biscuits etc) but the postage was nearly as much as the presents! It doesn't make sense that if I split it in two the postage would be less. Two packages would still weigh the same as one but would be more work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

You're all bastards. I'm drunk now. Take your shots while you can

TA that I do not remember writing this.............

I'm gonna also throw in a trivial happy moment. My hangover is gone, but everyone in the house has the vomiting bug, and I don't, and it's making me laugh.

I woke up from a nice doze and went to pull the covers up to my chinny chin chin and accidentally punched myself in the jaw, my teeth clashed together and I chipped on of my molars, and now it aches and I think I'm getting a bruise.

Also TA that I've spoilt my dog by refusing him nothing and now he has to go to the obesity clinic in the new year. He's not huge or anything.

But he is curvy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Candie wrote: »
    I woke up from a nice doze and went to pull the covers up to my chinny chin chin and accidentally punched myself in the jaw, my teeth clashed together and I chipped on of my molars, and now it aches and I think I'm getting a bruise.

I've no chin to speak of, so the last time this happened to me I hit my rather prominent nose... the time before it was my eye... I feel your pain, Candie. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement