Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

People who line up their presents and take pictures of them with hashtags like #boydonegood need to be shot in the vagina

Cringe, some mothers do have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

****ing retards that can't read ads on Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    ****ing retards that can't read ads on Adverts.

trades? Look at my ads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

trades? Look at my ads

I’ll swop you a Honda Civic with 3 alloy wheels

trades? Look at my ads

What's the disc like?

IT"S A CODE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

It's Christmas morning (Happy Christmas Boardies!) and I'm on day 4 of a Cluster Headache attack. Day 4. Yesterday was so bad I actually began to doubt it was migraine and considered jumping in a taxi and going to A&E. Eventually got pain free but must have been prodromal and postdrome at the same time because I could hardly see and went into a daze. Woke up at 3am fully clothed on my bed having no memory of getting there. Guess who's cooking Christmas dinner? While my pain level is low currently I'm totally washed out. All I want to do is lie perfectly still in a dark room. I've still got all the cleaning and tidying that didn't get done yesterday as well. Bah humbug!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Be right back

Heard of someone looking for Christmas crackers in Dunnes the other day. When she heard that the shop was out of them, she said the staff member had ruined her Christmas! Hard life she has!

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It's Christmas morning (Happy Christmas Boardies!) and I'm on day 4 of a Cluster Headache attack. Day 4. Yesterday was so bad I actually began to doubt it was migraine and considered jumping in a taxi and going to A&E. Eventually got pain free but must have been prodromal and postdrome at the same time because I could hardly see and went into a daze. Woke up at 3am fully clothed on my bed having no memory of getting there. Guess who's cooking Christmas dinner? While my pain level is low currently I'm totally washed out. All I want to do is lie perfectly still in a dark room. I've still got all the cleaning and tidying that didn't get done yesterday as well. Bah humbug!

Oh God, that sounds awful, forget about cleaning, just do the dinner, I hope you have some help, I had such a bad headache last Friday I genuinely couldn't lift my head off the pillow and was in bed all day,hope it improves quickly .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Oh God, that sounds awful, forget about cleaning, just do the dinner, I hope you have some help, I had such a bad headache last Friday I genuinely couldn't lift my head off the pillow and was in bed all day,hope it improves quickly .

Thanks Duvet Day! Your name sounds so enticing right now. Yes, I'll have help and there's only 3 of us, but you know yourself, you want the place to be all tidy and Christmassy and the dinner just right. I don't even want the thing now. Pain is at a very low level at the moment but it's there and anyone who has suffered with Cluster Headache knows that that means it's not over yet. I just hope things don't reach the horror show peeks of yesterday. Anyway, bird has been accosted with butter, stuffing and streaky rashers and shoved in the oven. The trifle has its custard layer applied so things are moving. ...

****ing hate Christmas, sitting here with crap I don't want or need, no matter how much I tell people don't buy anything and they do. I don't like this time of year for reasons but nope they never understand and just assume I'm a big grinch. Sick of it. Waste of money and time. Just leave me alone and go do your Christmas, leave me to myself it's just another day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Person continually sending me Xmas memes and gifs on messenger. Look, wish me Happy Xmas once and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Have you been to the doctor? You could have asthma and need an inhaler.

I'm undiagnosed but I know I do have asthma. I have an inhaler and I've been taken it every day the last 4 days or so. It turns out I have a bit of a dose coming on. It always starts with a sore throat > cough > blocked nose > headache > cough - - - - then the cough stays there for a good month before it goes away.

People say I have a smoker's cough. I see why. I cough like I smoke 40 fags a day.

I'll pop into the pharmacy first thing in the morning. In the meantime I have Lemsips and honey. It seems to be working.

I know it's a trivial annoyance thread
    but I'm still gonna wish everyone here a merry Christmas
    or whatever it is you're all celebrating/not celebrating.
    Have a good day regardless and be safe!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Merry Christmas to all of my fellow grumps! Let's eat, drink and be grumpy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

People posting greetings on my Facebook friends' timelines, and all their friends feeling obliged to join in, subsequently my friend on duty all day thanking them...

That said, have a good Christmas all!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA that I ate too much for Christmas dinner. I'm stuffed worse than the bloody turkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Planning our usual peaceful family Christmas at home, and the fupping neighbours have been blasting out jungle music for the last two hours, our walls are hopping. We're not on speaking terms, and I feel like going in a smashing their faces into the floor. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I had a tin of peas in the back of the press that I got for last years Christmas eve dinner as my mother loves them. I forgot to use them but hung onto them for this year as there was a couple of years till expiry. I took them out yesterday, heated them in the microwave and then remembered them after we had finished eating. Totally trivially annoyed :(

Merry Christmas, fellow TAers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Top of the Pops 60s/70s on Yesterday the only thing on that Spouse & find entertaining today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

I'm fecking starving and another hour and a bit to go to dinner. I don't want to eat too much and spoil my appetite but I'm hunngggrrrryyyy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I had a tin of peas in the back of the press that I got for last years Christmas eve dinner as my mother loves them. I forgot to use them but hung onto them for this year as there was a couple of years till expiry. I took them out yesterday, heated them in the microwave and then remembered them after we had finished eating. Totally trivially annoyed :(

Merry Christmas, fellow TAers :)
    That made me lol and it's something I could see myself doing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Blaizes wrote: »
    All the new politically correct terms mansplaining etc I can't keep up and have to google them. Where are we going with all this stuff...?

"Woke" is what I did in my bed this morning :)

As I get older I find myself on urban dictionary website more and more trying to learn these new words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

mikemac2 wrote:
    As I get older I find myself on urban dictionary website more and more trying to learn these new words.

It's a load of sh!te. It's all part of the simpletonisation of society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

There's a new word now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA being sore everywhere, low as the road and when someone asks how I am I say alright but I need a hug. What does he do? Hits on me. The real TA is a shrill old Australian biddy telling me I should appreciate being hit on because it doesn't last forever. Wind ya neck in, traitor to the sisterhood!
    Everyone is on thin ice with me today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

That stupid Smithwicks add with the ghosts in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

1......amount of talking on Christmas FM radio, too much.

2.....wrapping presents.....I can't do it properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Trying to get clothes dry in the rain... really frustrating should be used to it by now but still...

gifted wrote: »
    1......amount of talking on Christmas FM radio, too much.

2.....wrapping presents.....I can't do it properly
    Are you in a time warp... Christmas day was yesterday :P

Yesterday I took the dogs for a walk into town around half ten in the evening. Shop street was really quite, less than ten people out for a walk, so I let my two off the leash to have a run around. The dogs were just ahead of me darting back and forth, having a good smell of everything, when next thing I hear a car speeding up behind us. I was so afraid he was going to hit one of the dogs because they are so small and were running everywhere and he was in their path. I didn't have time to grab them as I was also minding a friend's dog who can't be let off leash or she'll do a runner, so I flagged him and told him to slow down. He wasn't impressed and I barely got my two before he speed off again.

What an as$shole. I don't know if he was drunk or high but shop street in Galway is no place for cars and if you are going to be a d!ckhead and chance taking a short cut, at least don't speed! It really shook me up how close he came to running one of them over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Are you in a time warp... Christmas day was yesterday :P

They could be wrapping them for next year.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement