Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

But..but....what the fcuck do you do with the FOUR EURO ?

This is far from trivial...it's eatin me fcukin up !

€4 never existed in this scena-- oh I can't tell who's being serious anymore lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Home for Christmas and booked a hotel to try and beat the jetlag. Changed the booking from a double to a twin at the last minute to accommodate a friend who is out for pints. The hotel charged me 50 quid for it, but when I landed in the room, they had basically moved two single beds in, side by side, into the space of the double bed, so basically still a double. Second time I've seen this in Ireland, why do hotels have to rip you off?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

When recipes, shopping lists etc. drop the word "of". For example, "juice 4 limes", "250g butter" etc. There is a shop in Crumlin (or thereabouts) with a permanent banner outside the butchers saying "Free Tray Large Eggs with Every €10 Spent" - would it have killed you to say ""Tray of Large Eggs".

Also TA the poor wee hens who undoubtedly spend their whole sorry lives caged and stressed because people want free eggs instead of spending a few pence more to buy free range.

Also TA "free range" that is not really free range, and needs a feckin degree to decipher the wording. For example, some will say "laid by hens free to roam in a natural environment" - this could just mean that a barn full of thousands and thousands has several automatic doors at the sides, which open for an hour on a timer. The hens that are near the outside can get out, but for the majority of girls in the middle, this will not be a reality. Also "corn fed" does not equal free range.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

€4 never existed in this scena-- oh I can't tell who's being serious anymore lol

But you said you never carry loose change...so what do you do anytime you have say, a ten euro note, and your items come to €5.25.....

It’s trivially annoying me....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,832 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Home for Christmas and booked a hotel to try and beat the jetlag. Changed the booking from a double to a twin at the last minute to accommodate a friend who is out for pints. The hotel charged me 50 quid for it, but when I landed in the room, they had basically moved two single beds in, side by side, into the space of the double bed, so basically still a double. Second time I've seen this in Ireland, why do hotels have to rip you off?

Two people will use more towels, more hot water, make more mess and there is more laundry and work in changing 2 singles rather than one double.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Two people will use more towels, more hot water, make more mess and there is more laundry and work in changing 2 singles rather than one double.

But its not two singles, its stlll a double as the beds are put together. The additional work is minimal, not as if we're going to be ****ting on the floor. And why does every other country seem to charge per room?

I wouldn't even object if the room was big enough for two singles. A further TA is that they refused to loan me a pair of scissors so I can wrap Christmas presents. Not holding ths against the hotel, thats the insurance culture in Ireland now

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    But you said you never carry loose change...so what do you do anytime you have say, a ten euro note, and your items come to €5.25.....

It’s trivially annoying me....

I already said it a few posts up. Any physical money that I have that is below €1, I dispose of.

If I happen to have multiple €2 coins, or €1 coins that add up to more than 5 euro, I'll ask for a fiver note. I throw away coins that are of value below €1.

I already said this.

It's not that difficult to comprehend...

€1 coin = keep
    €2 coin = keep
    multiple €2/€1 coins that add to a fiver or more, I ask for a note.
    same goes for a tenner, so on and so forth.

1c = charity box
    2c = charity box
    5c = charity box
    10c = charity box
    20c = charity box
    50c = charity box

it's the coins I remove, not an actual particular amount.

If I handed you 10 euro and you gave me €4.75 in change
    I'll keep the two €2 and shove the 75c in the charity box.

If you need me to stretch any further, if I have multiple €2/€1 coins lying around at the end of my day, I put them into a money box I keep at home.

Somebody please tell me I've made sense at this point. For god's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

I already said it a few posts up. Any physical money that I have that is below €1, I dispose of.

If I happen to have multiple €2 coins, or €1 coins that add up to more than 5 euro, I'll ask for a fiver note. I throw away coins that are of value below €1.

I already said this.

It's not that difficult to comprehend...

€1 coin = keep
    €2 coin = keep
    multiple €2/€1 coins that add to a fiver or more, I ask for a note.
    same goes for a tenner, so on and so forth.

1c = charity box
    2c = charity box
    5c = charity box
    10c = charity box
    20c = charity box
    50c = charity box

it's the coins I remove, not an actual particular amount.

If I handed you 10 euro and you gave me €4.75 in change
    I'll keep the two €2 and shove the 75c in the charity box.

If you need me to stretch any further, if I have multiple €2/€1 coins lying around at the end of my day, I put them into a money box I keep at home.

Somebody please tell me I've made sense at this point. For god's sake.

Yes 5 or 6 posts on you have finally answered the question you were asked !

Good man !

The MONEY BOX was the key and has finally surfaced...that was missing peice of the jigsaw...soo glad you finally got to it.

Yes 5 or 6 posts on you have finally answered the question you were asked !

Good man !

The MONEY BOX was the key and has finally surfaced...that was missing peice of the jigsaw...soo glad you finally got to it.

I hate all of you :pac:

Have a safe weekend lads.

TA This Just In.

Bird just shat on me

• Advertisement

TA This Just In.

Bird just shat on me

Good luck, that is. You should throw a few €1 or €2 coins (which count as loose change, trivially enough :pac:) on the Euromillions.

Fingers crossed.

Good luck, that is. You should throw a few €1 or €2 coins (which count as loose change, trivially enough :pac:) on the Euromillions.

Fingers crossed.

F*ck off leave me alone haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

But its not two singles, its stlll a double as the beds are put together.

Should have just shared the bed with your friend. I've lost count of the times I've shared a bed with a man! :eek:
    Bird just shat on me

Some people pay good money for that.

...Oh wait - I see what you mean......

My TA is everything's busy for Christmas. Took me more than 30 minutes to find parking earlier today, and I may or may not have left it on double yellows in the end. Also took me 25 minutes to get in and out of the post office. I've never seen the queue so long. And somebody smelled of poo.

A nice gesture I presume by the staff was a tin of sweeties left open at the top of the queue. Sadly it seemed to be mostly empty wrappers. Who puts empty wrappers back in ffs......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

TA This Just In.

Bird just shat on me

You want to get rid of her, Thats no proper behavior from a lady

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

TA This Just In.

Bird just shat on me

He obviously doesnt like carrying anything loose either:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,574 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The phrase "on point" and the people that use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,574 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Who puts empty wrappers back in ffs......

Me...to try and disguise the sweet-shaped spaces I've created after a blitz...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TA I dont know what this conversation means,
    Him, U no I used to live in X(close to where Im posted atm)
    Me, Yes you mentioned it,��
    Him, I think I'll bring the kids there during the festival.
    Me, you should, it looks like the kids would enjoy it,
    Him, silence
    Me, silence.

*My inner voice saying he's waiting for an invite to yours!
    *My brain saying he cant be and bolk!��

TLDR, I have a headache from going round and round over nothing concrete.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,209 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA This Just In.

Bird just shat on me

Isn't that a sign of good luck?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fed ex ! Some fella was suppose to ring me today and keep up to date with whats happening with my package, he never did ! *Cross face*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

mikemac2 wrote: »
    There is a tunnel under a railway bridge 100 meters from our house and at the end of the tunnel is a zebra crossing. Not the best location as cars speed through that tunnel.

There are also no streetlights by the crossing and just a few small lamps in the tunnel so it’s close the pitch dark

Yet again tonight someone nearly got knocked down as a speeder slapped on the breaks while the pedestrian was halfway across

TA’d at our no good lazy council who flood our letterbox with flyers on every topic but they can’t give us a streetlight or some flashing amber lights. Nobody lives there , no light will shine into a house if that was an issue

Oops long post sorry. Anyway my TA. I’ll write another email. Probably goes straight to trash :(

497210.jpg
    IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I would make a point of sending that photo to your local Co Co and get in touch with the press. It looks like a deathtrap to me.

You could save someone's life. It mightn't be a drivers' fault either, that looks a shítshow altogether, what county are we talking about?

Got a reply from the council which was bit of an FU

Nothing will happen as its not in the budget (fair ´nuff but how about next year?) and they were "under no obligation" to provide lights

I wasn't demanding anything, my email was polite. :(

I'm going to the local paper, that pedestrian crossing is a death trap.

If they could move it 5-10 metres up the road away from the bend and away from the railway tunnel that'd be amazing. Failing that a flashing amber light would be super too. All I want :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Watched an episode of a TV show to almost the end without realising ... I’d seen it before!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Cheap toilet paper.

And not even the quality of the toilet paper itself. It's the crappy way or the crappy glue they use at the start of the roll. Cheap rolls are near impossible to start without taking 2.5 layers off. This results in an uneven start and many layers to be unfurled before you get an even roll out.
    This always happens in public bogs where you'd want to wipe the seat before you sit on it. When you're having to fight back a turtle head AND a poorly glued bog roll it's trialvilly annoyingery.
    To say the lest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭MMyers

Shops at Christmas, slow walkers or people walking while texting

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

People all dressed in black huddled with hoods up and crossing the road at random points . They cannot be seen by a driver and causing people to brake suddenly

MMyers wrote: »
    Shops at Christmas, slow walkers or people walking while texting

Hell is other people.

You're all bastards. I'm drunk now. Take your shots while you can

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

My Blu-ray player giving me problems - no disc messages every time I insert a disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,085 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

You're all bastards. I'm drunk now. Take your shots while you can

What pranks did the students pull today?

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭furiousox

The Sun.
    Too low in the sky these days, blinds you when driving.
    It's like having a f'king strobe light going off in the corner of your eye for hours sometimes.
    Get it sorted asap!!

CPL 593H

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement