Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I generally hate American sitcoms. There's something so unnatural about them - I can't pinpoint what it is. I'd much prefer British sitcoms over it. However, my exception, and guilty pleasure, is Friends. That show makes me laugh way more than I should.

You do realise that telly is make believe so it is by definition unnatural- escapism? If they spent the day moaning about their commute or mortgage interest rates nobody would watch it.

British sitcoms? I am not sure any town is as full of drama as Eastenders or Corrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Amy Borsetti and Youtube ads.

Go f*ck yerselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Antares35 wrote: »
    Having to chase people for stuff. If I say I need something on Wednesday, I need it on Wednesday! Not late Thursday evening or Friday morning. I actually need time to work on this stuff you send me before it is submitted so if you delay until Friday evening then I will be stuck here late on Friday working on it while you flit off for your early Christmas after lunch. Cheers. :mad:

Bugs me too. I had a deadline with my boss to submit work by Wednesday. He received it Monday.

For a couple of my own direct reports who had to submit their work to me, I had to chase and chase and chase. I ended up having to log on Saturday to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,902 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Antlers and red nose welded to every second vehicle this time of year. Worse than the flashing geansaí, at least one can walk out of the pub.

Bet the hoor who thought of that people would buy and stick that ridiculous plastic shyte to their cars is laughing all the way to the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Sick people everywhere. .

You notice this alot more when you're pregnant... Well I did anyway! There's the added risk to the pregnancy and then the fact you can't take anything.

The same when you return to work after maternity and you have the office martyr coughing and spluttering..... Go away if you infect me and inturn my child.. I will murder you :)

So yeah I share your annoyance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,902 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Normally serious adult news and talk shows sticking in Santy stuff. This morning his forced labour toy factory reportedly has robots to assemble toys now alongside the elves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Buying things with cash in a shop and the person behind the till asks me if I have an extra 20c/40c/50c/€1

I don't carry loose change on me. Why is it my responsibility to help you round off the change you need to give me? My items came to €17.20, I gave you a €20, so give me the correct change and do your job.

Another TA that I'm gonna do on behalf of my other half, because if it was me, I'd be pissed off as well.

Mother in law ordered a new fridge from Curry's. She's 61 and has limited mobility, C.O.P.D, scoliosis, and the person on the phone to her told her that if she paid an extra few bob, the lads would install the fridge for her and take away the old fridge. So she agreed.

They arrived this week, with the new fridge, pushed it into the kitchen, and then told her "for insurance reasons, we can't take out the old fridge because we don't want to cut the pipe that's connected to it". (The new fridge requires no pipe, it has a water filler inside it already, or whatever it's called), so they didn't install the new fridge, left it in the kitchen, and left.

Other half ended up having to go to the house, cut the pipe off herself, and plug in the new fridge, then she got her nephew to help her toss the old one outside. The mother is gonna contact them for a refund because they never did what they were charging her for.

Not only was there a lack of integrity in their promise, but I also believe they just couldn't be bothered to take the old fridge out. Half the job done for more money - disgusting.. I couldn't imagine what she'd do if she had nobody there. I just think it was disrespectful and not nice at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,832 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Newstalk "News" that basically consists of "somebody on our show said something".

1. It's not headline news!
    2. I know, I heard it five minutes ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Buying things with cash in a shop and the person behind the till asks me if I have an extra 20c/40c/50c/€1

I don't carry loose change on me. Why is it my responsibility to help you round off the change you need to give me? My items came to €17.20, I gave you a €20, so give me the correct change and do your job.

If something comes to €17.20 and I have €20 plus the amount in cents then I will give it without being asked.

If something comes to €17.20 and I have €20 plus the amount in cents then I will give it without being asked.

Like I said... I don't carry loose change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The speakers in my work computer screen.

They sound amazing if you stick your head around the back of the screen but from the front (where, traditionally, people would sit), sound tinny and can't convery the true sound of Michael Schenker's wailing guitar. Where was the f*cking product testing?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Amy Borsetti and Youtube ads.

Go f*ck yerselves!

YouTube Vanced for the win. No ads.

My annoyance now is people driving when it's almost dark with daytime running lights on and not realising that they've only front lights on and not the rear ones,just turn the lights on, it's not hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

You notice this alot more when you're pregnant... Well I did anyway! There's the added risk to the pregnancy and then the fact you can't take anything.

The same when you return to work after maternity and you have the office martyr coughing and spluttering..... Go away if you infect me and inturn my child.. I will murder you :)

So yeah I share your annoyance :)

Yes! I was always a germ freak but am super aware of it now. Pregnancy actually lowers your immune system so makes you more susceptible. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yes! I was always a germ freak but am super aware of it now. Pregnancy actually lowers your immune system so makes you more susceptible. :mad:

That's cause you've a parasite* inside you sucking you dry :D

* I'm aware it's frowned upon to refer to a baby as a parasite, but the shock on people's faces is funny.....I had tough pregnancies, take the giggles where you can :)

My items came to €17.20, I gave you a €20, so give me the correct change and do your job.

What do you do with the €2.80, juggle it until you find something that costs that much? Are you Conor McGregor's auldfella?

That's cause you've a parasite* inside you sucking you dry :D

* I'm aware it's frowned upon to refer to a baby as a parasite, but the shock on people's faces is funny.....I had tough pregnancies, take the giggles where you can :)

Trust me, I have referred to her as that on many an occasion! She is after all the reason I cannot partake of any alcohol during the festive season this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Not being sure if someone didn't get your message or if you're actually being ignored. Its causing me untold amounts of anxiety.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Every day this week, I thought it was Friday, even Monday! Maybe it was because Friday is the last day of the week, and this was the last full working week of the year.

Well...tomorrow's definitely Friday (or it had better be! :confused: :pac: ).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Just curious..so what do you actually do with the change? In this instance it’s €2.80....do you just leave it behind?

My TA is the fact that daytime running light on cars only apply to the front lights...why not connect it to rear lights?

I need to be in town for 6 15 and can't decide if I should walk or avail of the bus. Walking will be a good half hour and it is raining out. But, the bus will be full of snivelling people, no room to even stand and will probably move slower.

Actually, I think I have talked myself into walking! TA sh*t options :o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Just curious..so what do you actually do with the change? In this instance it’s €2.80....do you just leave it behind?

My TA is the fact that daytime running light on cars only apply to the front lights...why not connect it to rear lights?

Because cars usually drive forwards and don't usually reverse in to things at high speed?

Cars with DRLs are new enough to have a light sensor and should be programmed to override the DRL setting and switch to main lights (front and back) if light levels are low.

What do you do with the €2.80, juggle it until you find something that costs that much? Are you Conor McGregor's auldfella?

If it's anything less than a euro I'll usually stick it into the nearest charity box. Or I'll say keep the rest. It all depends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Because cars usually drive forwards and don't usually reverse in to things at high speed?

Cars with DRLs are new enough to have a light sensor and should be programmed to override the DRL setting and switch to main lights (front and back) if light levels are low.

Thanks for that.
    My point is, that (some) people are forgetting to switch lights on because they have DRLS...and if you are driving in inclement weather, it makes it difficult to see the car in front ...so it would, IMO be better if both front and rear were DRLS..

I don’t have DRLS on my car, but I have my lights on maybe 95% of the time.
    As a courtesy to other road users...and to help me stay alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Thanks for that.
    My point is, that (some) people are forgetting to switch lights on because they have DRLS...and if you are driving in inclement weather, it makes it difficult to see the car in front ...so it would, IMO be better if both front and rear were DRLS..

I don’t have DRLS on my car, but I have my lights on maybe 95% of the time.
    As a courtesy to other road users...and to help me stay alive.

I'd drive with my lights on most of the time too but I be concerned that with DRLs front and back too many idiots would drive with DRLs on at night thinking they were properly lit up.

Maybe front and rear DRLs which come on whenever the engine is on and controlled with a light sensitive switch to main lights (front and back) with a manual override to main lights would work best.

If it's anything less than a euro I'll usually stick it into the nearest charity box. Or I'll say keep the rest. It all depends.

Way to half answer the question. What if its more than a euro? What if its €4.70 or something?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,328 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Way to half answer the question. What if its more than a euro? What if its €4.70 or something?

Why do you care? It is a trivial annoyance.

TA that my laundry:clean ratio getting critically low :(

ugh.

Any coins under a euro.

1c, 2c, 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c

I dispose of them appropriately because they're too much of a pain to manage. Does that FULLY answer your question? You've took a trivial issue and blown it way out of proportion. Are you quite satisfied now? Can we move on? The irony in this is unfathomable............

I do apologise to any mods (and anyone else) that read this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

First TA:
    Had a package due for delivery with nightline.

I see that said package made it to Dublin, then to Cork, then for reasons unknown it went to a Parcel Motel Depot in Dublin.

Called PM and I was kept on hold till the phone disconnected. Called Nightline who own PM, and I was told they can do nothing about it. All their communication with PM goes through the same email address that normal people use.

For f*ck sake, you own this company, why do you not have a dedicated line to their customer service!!

Second TA:
    out for a few Christmas pints with friends. Queueng up for a pint (TA in itself) and the fella in front can't get served. He's wearing a Christmas jumper. Bartender says no 12 pubs and no Christmas jumpers allowed (OTT Imo) So yer man goes on a rant then with the bartender, all the while I'm twiddling my thumbs trying to get served.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

too true, estinated delivery date is today but hasn't even been dispatched yet

finally been dispatched, fingers crossed it'll be here before christmas :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

ugh.

Any coins under a euro.

1c, 2c, 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c

I dispose of them appropriately because they're too much of a pain to manage. Does that FULLY answer your question? You've took a trivial issue and blown it way out of proportion. Are you quite satisfied now? Can we move on? The irony in this is unfathomable............

I do apologise to any mods (and anyone else) that read this.

But..but....what the fcuck do you do with the FOUR EURO ?

This is far from trivial...it's eatin me fcukin up !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement