Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Guy Person wrote: »
    That’s what I do. 10 hour shifts Monday to Thursday. My Friday morning lie ins are just glorious.

I’m everybody’s TA now and I’m ok with that :pac:
    Jealous! Do you still get bank holiday Monday's off?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,310 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who want everything banned that they don't agree with!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

People who want everything banned that they don't agree with!

Perks of being a mod :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Perks of being a mod :):)

Don’t forget the coke and hookers, Mods get loads of both of those!

My TA when there are no good songs on the radio while I’m driving but just when I get to my destination a song I love comes on. I swear that’s done on purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Jealous! Do you still get bank holiday Monday's off?

I do Paddy. Sorry :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm watching Poldark (the remake, not the original). Aidan Turner has the same expression, one single expression, throughout all the four series I've watched so far. I don't know why people give out about that girl in Twilight, Aidan Turner is worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

People who buy big cars/suvs and don't have the skill or confidence to drive them.It literally took a guy with a Hilux 15 minutes to reverse out of a parking space at Lidl.I was half tempted to do it for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,532 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Downton Abbey. What a loa

d on shyte! Loads of ' yes massa ' uncle Tom's and ' very well Hobbs' lords being lordy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,738 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

People who buy big cars/suvs and don't have the skill or confidence to drive them.It literally took a guy with a Hilux 15 minutes to reverse out of a parking space at Lidl.I was half tempted to do it for him.

And it’s usually soccer moms that struggle. It’s like they don’t know how to reverse into a space

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

New Home wrote: »
    I'm watching Poldark (the remake, not the original). Aidan Turner has the same expression, one single expression, throughout all the four series I've watched so far. I don't know why people give out about that girl in Twilight, Aidan Turner is worse!

I have never watched it,but from i can gather hey are not watching his facial expressions:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

F*** off rain, I'm not in the mood. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,532 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Thumping headache, temp 38.1c ,back to bed for me. Hate colds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

The trend lately of new bands showing up on my news feed as paid ads. They all have the same bloody video going on....in some room, few Moroccan rugs thrown on the floor, a few backing singers giving it loads like they're recording live aid, slap a few Christmas lights on the wall sure for good measure with some wannabe singer up front trying to look as much like a rock star as they can....

The caption underneath the one this morning was...do you like U2? We may be your new favourite band....
    No ye'll probably never make it but spend at least ten years dreaming...

Yes it is Monday and I may be in need of a good rant :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When you feel off all weekend and yet come Monday morning all good again ! What a waste of 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Looking to book a hotel abroad. I click on the pictures of the Standard Room. Then I click on the pictures of the Deluxe room. Then I click on the pictures of the Superior room.........and all the pictures are the same.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Flashback to when I stayed in a hotel that had a section in their newsletter about responding to guests complaints about low water pressure. They had a big write up and loads of photos of them digging up half the grounds and laying new pipes. It was all bull****! They didn't do a ****ing thing - just pasted in photos they found online somewhere. :0

8/10 - still had a good holiday. The most striking feature of the bathroom wasn't the low water pressure - it was the giant spider by the roof vent. He kept the number of mozzies low.....

The lady at the deli where I get my lunch must make at least 50 chicken fillet rolls every single day and yet remains utterly hopeless at it.
    The rolls and fillets are perennially over cooked and dry.

What kind of sociopath puts lettuce into a roll last?! Don’t you realise it’s just all going fall out???

same in car park in Navan at the weekend. A middle aged woman driving a beautiful Mercedes A class (is that what they are? A hatchback style of car?) Anyway it was a lovely car but the woman couldn't drive it at all! Over and back, over and back, over and back, over and back, an inch at a time, this went on for about 8 minutes, just to get out of her parking spot.
    I was beginning to gnash my teeth when she finally left :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The lady at the deli where I get my lunch must make at least 50 chicken fillet rolls every single day and yet remains utterly hopeless at it.

What kind of sociopath puts lettuce into a roll last?! Don’t you realise it’s just all going fall out???

Are you one of these madsers that likes the chicken put in last?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

what sort of sociopath puts lettuce on a chicken fillet roll?
    Boom_Bap wrote: »

*shudder*

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Lettuce is pliable and forms a desoggifying layer around the chicken. If you put the chicken in first it will occupy the innermost median of the roll, then the lettuce comes in and lines the outer median so that you’ve effectively a roll that’s chicken on one side and lettuce on the other down the middle - who wants a bite of pure lettuce roll? Nobody

Additionally the lettuce falls out a lot easier than the chicken if it’s on the outer side

cjmc wrote: »
    Downton Abbey. What a loa

d on shyte! Loads of ' yes massa ' uncle Tom's and ' very well Hobbs' lords being lordy

Only started it a few days ago and I quite like it actually - less so the setting, but I find the interactions between the various characters in such a restrictive and etiquette heavy social context to be fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Maybe its just me but the word “ gifted “ bothers me . Where did it come from ? I never heard the expression “ to gift “ or “ gifted “ until very recently . Have I just been deaf to it or is it a new word ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Candie wrote: »
    I'm barred from cleaning out the litter tray for a few months but instead it being cleaned by the OH I get to live with the uncleaned and malodorous litter tray as he forgets to do it before heading to work...AGAIN. :(

This could end in murder.
    Sense of smell when pregnant is a whole different ball game :(

TA I don't have anyone to change the litter for me and am basically going to spend the next 6 months terrified of the risk of toxoplasmosis. As if pregnancy doesn't come with enough problems! Also TA I have become a hormonal freight train and have already unashamedly used the "it's my hormones" excuse to the point that it will be defunct very soon :D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Why go to a cafe every day if the staff do not know how to cook,
    i went to a cafe, got a pizza ,it was nice.
    the side order of chips was not fried ,
    they were completely white and tasteless .
    How hard is it to cook chips ? leave em in oil for a few minutes.?
    if i,m getting a roll i get tomato or lettuce, meat and cheese ,
    at least its fresh and its good for you.

Leaving work last week, I had a lecture scheduled for that evening. I left with enough time to drive to town and do a small bit of shopping before class for an item I needed. As I stood up to leave, a colleague said they would take a lift from me into town which was fine. I said "see you downstairs in a minute". Twenty minutes later, still no sign. WTF? If that was me and I wanted to cadge a lift, I'd make sure not to delay the person at all! Eventually called their extension and the shocked response - "Oh you're still there!? I thought you'd gone!" - well, no that's why I said "see you downstairs". Got stuck in rush hour traffic and had to rush my shopping :(

Antares35 wrote: »
    TA I don't have anyone to change the litter for me and am basically going to spend the next 6 months terrified of the risk of toxoplasmosis. As if pregnancy doesn't come with enough problems! Also TA I have become a hormonal freight train and have already unashamedly used the "it's my hormones" excuse to the point that it will be defunct very soon :D:P

I cried at a dog food advert the other day because the dog was happy. I feel your pain, I'm like a stranger to myself.

Just have a supply of single-use gloves, antibacterial hand wash, hand sanitizer, and be very careful of your special self. I hope you feel a teeny bit calmer soon :)

My TA is a crick in my neck so bad that I can barely turn my head at all. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

iamwhoiam wrote:
    Maybe its just me but the word “ gifted “ bothers me . Where did it come from ? I never heard the expression “ to gift “ or “ gifted “ until very recently . Have I just been deaf to it or is it a new word ?

It means to drop ones hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Antares35 wrote: »
    Use gloves and put the gloved hand into a nappy sack , scoop the poo up while holding the bag , turn inside out and close the sack .Unroll the glove off and immediately dump both into the bin
    Wash your hands with hot water and dettol soap and then with a disinfectant
    You will never come in contact with the poo then .

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    I cried at a dog food advert the other day because the dog was happy. I feel your pain, I'm like a stranger to myself.

Just have a supply of single-use gloves, antibacterial hand wash, hand sanitizer, and be very careful of your special self. I hope you feel a teeny bit calmer soon :)

My TA is a crick in my neck so bad that I can barely turn my head at all. :(
    Don't watch any Dogs Trust rehoming drive videos! :(:(
    I've had cats (some indoor) for over ten years so am hoping I am already immune. I wear gloves, wash (and shower) after and use special wellies etc. But still can't shake the fear. Mine have an enclosure that requires a once weekly deep clean, and I dread going in. I was considering maybe paying a student cash in hand to do it once a week. I know I'd have done it for drinks money when I was at college! Pet food and pet sitter already eat into wages - TA the responsibility of animals and how much they cost!:P

Actually another TA, working with someone who just came back from mat leave who was also obsessed with toxoplasmosis and keeps telling me it can be air borne! She doesn't even know my news yet, why is she talking to me about this!? Stop talking! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement