Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Most of the guests on the LLS seem to be other RTE employees.
    It would be a TA but I have not watched a full episode since 1996.

I imagine they go into the RTE canteen at Friday lunchtime with a big fishing net and grab a few guests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Also I ordered a duvet cover online and it came without pillow cases. Just checked there and they’re sold separately for €10 each! Fine chance
    I admit that I cannot definitively prove this but I suspect Duvet Day is responsible for that happening to you. It's just too much of a coincidence for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Realising you left towel outside when you are in the shower.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's what bathroom rugs are for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    I imagine they go into the RTE canteen at Friday lunchtime with a big fishing net and grab a few guests.

Well considering most of there guests are rte employee's you are correct. I remember the days when they would get loads of international guests every week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Well considering most of there guests are rte employee's you are correct. I remember the days when they would get loads of international guests every week.

I am with you on this Seph. I was as just watching a clip of Peter Ustinov on the LLS. He was on several times and just amazing.... The number of quality international guests has declined massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,321 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Eleysian wrote: »
    I am with you on this Seph. I was as just watching a clip of Peter Ustinov on the LLS. He was on several times and just amazing.... The number of quality international guests has declined massively.

He was but people like him just dont exist any more. It was great listening to people like him and other major stars because information on them was scant. you might only see them once or twice a year on tv. Now we know every intimate detail of every actor down to what they had for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

it was great when Gaybo presented it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Roll it there Roisin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭GBX

TA: Receiving post for somebody in a different estate but with the same house number and suffix. Surely one of the requisites to deliver post is to be able to read and distinguish between addresses ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

When in Dublin, why cant people just stick to walking on either the left or right hand side of the footpath and staying "in your lane" and not switch back and forth? Especially when they see me coming a mile away towards them that I'm on the left? Im sick of constantly doing "that" awkward foothpath dance with a stranger. Going to stay planted on the left anymore (we drive on the left in this country so gonna go by that logic).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Pineapple1 wrote: »
    When in Dublin, why cant people just stick to walking on either the left or right hand side of the footpath and staying "in your lane" and not switch back and forth? Especially when they see me coming a mile away towards them that I'm on the left? Im sick of constantly doing "that" awkward foothpath dance with a stranger. Going to stay planted on the left anymore (we drive on the left in this country so gonna go by that logic).

:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Eleysian wrote: »

Ta'd at how ****e the late late has gotten since the above clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

On the mispronounciation of Irish names. We chose a few favourites and then realised the potential for people making an absolute hames of pronouncing "Rionach" .

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

they closed down the trivial things that make you happy thread. its like Boards.ie just want misery. okay to have the "trivial annoy" one, not the trivial happy one.

Trivial things that make me happy - listening to john kellys mystery train radio program (programme?). the different types of brilliant music he plays makes me realise that irrespective of the awful manufactured pop, musicians are creating wonderful music. without being over dramatic, these musicans and john kelly as the curator, restores my faith in humanity.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

they closed down the trivial things that make you happy thread. its like Boards.ie just want misery. okay to have the "trivial annoy" one, not the trivial happy one.

Oh, no they haven't! https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?%20t=2058022537

:cool::)

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

New Home wrote: »

Well according to this, they have, mod comment at the end.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2057855279&page=667

I know, that's why they added the link of the new one at the bottom. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Trivial things that make me happy - listening to john kellys mystery train radio program (programme?). the different types of brilliant music he plays makes me realise that irrespective of the awful manufactured pop, musicians are creating wonderful music. without being over dramatic, these musicans and john kelly as the curator, restores my faith in humanity.
    They closed it? :(
    That annoys me !

cjmc wrote: »
    They closed it? :(
    That annoys me !

They didn't!!! Or rather, they opened a new one 'cause the old one was getting too big for its boots (nearing 10k posts).

My TA - I've a feeling that people might be winding me up.... :(

• Advertisement

It was closed because of it was getting close to 10k posts ,part three here, what I said the end was a joke, I created part 3 immediately.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058022537

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for when certain people see you're in good humour try to bring you down. It's not my fault you're in foul form.

Guy Person wrote: »
    I admit that I cannot definitively prove this but I suspect Duvet Day is responsible for that happening to you. It's just too much of a coincidence for my liking.
    Post reported for defamation of character...Sephers will you sort Guy Person(s) out,cheek of him.😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Sister and her bf are moving house (current landlord is selling up) and they're having such a hard time finding a new place that will rent to them because they have cats. An estate agent actually told them today that having a dog would be fine, but absolutely no cats are allowed. WTF?

My main TA though is that the bf keeps sending me and my husband links to properties for us to check if they'd be ok area's to live (it's Belfast, this is important). But he's not even checking the map before he sends the link to us. Like I told him about 4 times over the weekend that Ardoyne isn't a great area to live in but he's still today sending me links to houses around there. It takes 2 seconds to check the map! Just ****ing doing it yourself!

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Sister and her bf are moving house (current landlord is selling up) and they're having such a hard time finding a new place that will rent to them because they have cats. An estate agent actually told them today that having a dog would be fine, but absolutely no cats are allowed. WTF?

My main TA though is that the bf keeps sending me and my husband links to properties for us to check if they'd be ok area's to live (it's Belfast, this is important). But he's not even checking the map before he sends the link to us. Like I told him about 4 times over the weekend that Ardoyne isn't a great area to live in but he's still today sending me links to houses around there. It takes 2 seconds to check the map! Just ****ing doing it yourself!

Ah, no. I had a similar situation years back. A relative had me checking out apartments here, there, and everywhere. They were just blanket bombing me with links and expecting me to put together a concise portfolio of properties for them to look at so their time wouldn't be wasted. I wish I'd copped on sooner that they put no value at all on my time or help! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,770 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Mollyb60 wrote: »

I genuinely started reading this on paragraph 2 and thought you had a boyfriend AND husband

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Mollyb60 I guess it's because cats can't be contained in a fenced garden. They might dig in flower beds or something like that. Of course, cats also don't wake you up by barking ....

I used to let people take a mile...they just imagine they're somehow doing you a favour by wasting your time :( TA anyone who thinks they can take an extra inch these days. Off they can fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

when i'm washing the dishes and when putting water in the sink it hits a spoon and goes everywhere, Ahhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

decky1 wrote: »
    when i'm washing the dishes and when putting water in the sink it hits a spoon and goes everywhere, Ahhhhhhhhh

This happened me the other day, I thought I must put that in as a TA but obviously forgot :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,118 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I thought I bought a nail filing block today but when I got home, it was a nail shining block.
    Went straight in the bin.

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement