Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,201 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who constantly share fake news stories online from weird sources/etc.
    Also people who don't read the story and just go on the misleading headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Four times I've asked the venue, if there will be somewhere open in the complex to eat, ahead of the conference.
    Details on their site about early opening food outlets are vague. Just spoke to them and still no answer.

But hey, we are just customers who want to spend MORE MONEY on our visit, not at all important. TA

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

That any time I am asked for my surname, they look at me like I am making it up. Yes my surname is Longfeather,deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

AAGH,my dearly beloved,leaving food he doesnt want on a plate in the oven.Only for i checked,it would still be there tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

People not knowing the difference between solid wood and veneer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

My hot water bottle exploded during the night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

honeybear wrote:
    My hot water bottle exploded during the night!

Hope you didn't get scalded!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Hope you didn't get scalded!

Thankfully no!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭TheDavester

rte constantly showing the ad for Doireann Gahirry's "comedy"....christ stop making her a thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

forgetting to take my meds :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Locked myself out of the house doing the dog's bedtime walk just now. My sister is dead to the world and answering neither phone nor door. Can't exactly call into the neighbours at this hour. Wtf do I do??? Genuinely wondering if turning the wheelie bin on its side and crawling in for the night is an option...

Did you get back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Ebay seller not writing my Parcel Motel ID on the package despite it being clearly listed on my profile and also repeated in the message box for the Paypal payment. "Please post to........"

So I wait over a week and have to chase with Parcel Motel myself. Found eventually.

"Sorry mate. I got one of my work colleagues to post it for me."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

People not knowing the difference between solid wood and veneer.

Or solid oak and pine!
    My husband gets so irritated by this he actually texts people on Done deal and tells them to correct their ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

WhatsApp and Snapchat lurkers. See everything, and say nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My friend who texts me “hey how are you?” To which I reply “good, and you?” She then replies “good, you?” Did you even read the text I sent??? This happens too often

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    WhatsApp and Snapchat lurkers. See everything, and say nothing.

We do it on Boards too...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Waiting to hear back from an interview! Just want to know either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Do you mean lurkers see everything in WhatsApp group messages, Gwynne? :0

TA took 20 mins to cut the incredible amount of unnecessary plastic off something that came in the post. Someone in that factory has a serious plastic fetish.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Ihatewhahabies

I hate when people say general consensus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Where I live people regularly leave their engine running while shopping in the Polish shop. If you were a car thief you wouldn't have to wait long, and they wouldn't even be able to claim on their insurance. Some have additional free children but you can just throw those disease factories out....

That's a hang over from very cold climates. Worried about letting the car engine go cold and not restarting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I don't know if it's just my local one, but in Dunnes stores the amount of suits (managers?) On the shop floor just generally being in the way or twiddling with displays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I just realised earlier that the top shelf of my fridge annoys me (trivially). My fridge is 1.5 metres high, and I'm nearly 2 metres. I usually keep cans there (Coke, Club, etc.), but if I put anything perishable there, because it's out of my line of sight, I'll forget about it until is starts to stink. I usually don't let it happen but the odd time, something gets through...

(Yeah, I could bend my knees a bit more but where's the fun in that?!?)

I'm barred from cleaning out the litter tray for a few months but instead it being cleaned by the OH I get to live with the uncleaned and malodorous litter tray as he forgets to do it before heading to work...AGAIN. :(

This could end in murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Candie wrote: »
    I'm barred from cleaning out the litter tray for a few months but instead it being cleaned by the OH I get to live with the uncleaned and malodorous litter tray as he forgets to do it before heading to work...AGAIN. :(

Sense of smell when pregnant is a whole different ball game :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Candie wrote: »

Why don't you ask Boom_Bap to do it for you? :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Since joining Spotify I make up playlists of random songs that come into my head. I come across a lot of older ones that have 're-mastered' on them. To me for the one that sounds better there are a dozen that sound butchered.

( I came across a theory though that as hearing deteriorates with age so on familiar versions your brain is filling in for the bits your not hearing anymore :()

Whatever it's a TA :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

New Home wrote: »
    Why don't you as Boom_Bap to do it for you? :pac::pac::pac:

I must have missed the joke there :)

I might mention it to his mum when I talk to her in a while. There's nothing like ratting him out to his mother guarantee results :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New Home wrote: »
    Why don't you as Boom_Bap to do it for you? :pac::pac::pac:

woah woah woah, I've enough on my hands here with the litter tray stand-offs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭daveorourke77

Badly folded newspapers.

NIGHTMARE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Being misunderstood and misjudged. It's disappointing really but sure it's out of my hands what another person thinks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement