Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

That's a hang over from very cold climates. Worried about letting the car engine go cold and not restarting.

Ah, now, it's only cold for a few months of the year. They have seasons in Poland.

Badly folded newspapers.

NIGHTMARE.

On a somewhat vaguely related note: resealable sliced cheese packets that never reseal. I can cope with it not resealing, but I despise the manufacturers for their blatantly false claims. Packaging just lies to us daily.

Right up there with easy opening cartons that you need a pliers and a grenade to open. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    My friend who texts me “hey how are you?” To which I reply “good, and you?” She then replies “good, you?” Did you even read the text I sent??? This happens too often

Said friend then asks “how’s work? How’s college?” Even though she’s asked me 3 times this week already. She said she was sorry for asking the same questions.

Then just stop? There’s no need to text me for the sake of texting me? If you have something you want to talk about then by all means but please stop asking me the same questions over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’ve been trying to avoid music for like the last two months because I’m recently bereaved and any song is like a dagger to the heart. I thought I would act like a normal person today and get my hair done so I did. I don’t know what station the salon was playing but it was like depressed fm. Anyway, The Cranberries ‘Ode to my Family’ came on and if I wasn’t mid way through highlights I would have walked out the door. It’s like I was being tortured by the very thing I had been avoiding and I couldn't even move. Ugh. Not their fault at all, just one of those things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

I’ve been trying to avoid music for like the last two months because I’m recently bereaved and any song is like a dagger to the heart. I thought I would act like a normal person today and get my hair done so I did. I don’t know what station the salon was playing but it was like depressed fm. Anyway, The Cranberries ‘Ode to my Family’ came on and if I wasn’t mid way through highlights I would have walked out the door. It’s like I was being tortured by the very thing I had been avoiding and I couldn't even move. Ugh. Not their fault at all, just one of those things.

Sorry for your loss retro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

((( HUG))) .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My TA is the smug, conceited, totally irritating expression of the girl that does the ads for the Tesco clothes. I can't watch her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Vesta31

I'm really sorry for your loss retro.

On a very very trivial note my belly is sore because I stuffed myself with Chinese food.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sorry for your loss retro xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Rugby journalist saying how it's first time in 32 years world cup matches have been cancelled.

But the world cup isn't every year... It's every four years.
    Irks me when stuff is inflated in such manner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Retro, really sorry to hear your news.
    Nice to see you popping in here.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

How 12am feels like 7am when you're older :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

When you have a disagreement with someone and you think of a kickass reply a week later....ffs brain work faster!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

When you have a disagreement with someone and you think of a kickass reply a week later....ffs brain work faster!!

That happens a lot of people - I know it's happened to me plenty of times before.

RMAOK wrote: »
    That happens a lot of people - I know it's happened to me plenty of times before.

I know and the killer is you can't bring the topic up again as it has been "put to bed" and to do so would be petty and childish.....but I really want to :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

When you have an individual temperature and fan/non fan on/off control for each of the two ovens, and you do the wrong combination and nothing heats up.

And you're Lee Marvin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sorry for your loss Retro.

My dishwasher is kaput and repairman told me last time he was here not to call him again and put the money towards a new one. It’s only 4 years old :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Why can’t they tell McClean to run and push it into his path even. Just make sure he’s going the right way

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

awful music in restaurant,s ,
    i was in a italian restaurant, last week, there was some old trad italian music playing .
    I would prefer silence to a random music track.
    I think mcdonalds play loud pop music because they want you to eat your food,
    and leave, do not hang around too long.
    i do like the music they play , although i have no idea who the singer,s are .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People who hand their shopping to the cashier.While its on the belt.I was stuck behind someone doing that today.Used to hate it when i was a cashier.

• Advertisement

Sellers on adverts.ie who don't answer your question.

dubstarr wrote: »
    People who hand their shopping to the cashier.While its on the belt.I was stuck behind someone doing that today.Used to hate it when i was a cashier.

Oh my god I totally forgot about that!

I would be sitting there going "stop it, I don't want to touch your hand, you're not helping, you're making this whole ordeal last longer than necessary " in my head obviously :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Idiots on Adverts.ie who ask "still available" or "what size is it" or "how many do you have" or do you have PayPal when you have clearly stated that you don't use PayPal.

READ THE ADVERT.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I do ask the 1st question, Splash....Not being thick, it's because many sellers don't bother to remove the ad once the item has been sold. I think they're avoiding paying website fees .

Which is my TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

cadaliac wrote: »
    People who walk out of a sauna and leave the door open behind them. :mad:

People who walk out of the toilet on the plane and leave the door open behind them.......

LEAVE IT THE WAY YOU FOUND IT....TOOL!

Idiots on Adverts.ie who ask "still available" or "what size is it" or "how many do you have" or do you have PayPal when you have clearly stated that you don't use PayPal.

READ THE ADVERT.....
    I'm looking for measurements on something which isn't included in the ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

When trying to bathe my Lab turns into a wrestling match, which I end up losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

Lazy feckers who leave a toilet roll with a single sheet in place rather than replacing it with a new roll.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

youtube and their fecking ads in the middle of watching a video!

ad in 5,4,3,2,1.......

"Trouble hearing? don't skip this ad...."

tenor.gif?itemid=3650914

*hugs*

So sorry to hear that retro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭gifted

Missus went to galway clinic a and e.....kept in overnight and looking like a few days...kids are with different people while I've gone up to check on her....came out to multi storey car park and I've a flat tyre...first puncture in 6 years ....no spare tyre with these ****ing 7 seaters.....tried to use this liquid pump stuff that comes instead of the spare tyre and of course I hadn't it connected properly....spewed all over the car park instead of going into tyre.....had to leave car there for the night and get neighbour to collect me......having an awful day....ready to bawl....

Boobie photos would help lol lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement