Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

Antares35 wrote: »
    Don't watch any Dogs Trust rehoming drive videos! :(:(
    I've had cats (some indoor) for over ten years so am hoping I am already immune. I wear gloves, wash (and shower) after and use special wellies etc. But still can't shake the fear. Mine have an enclosure that requires a once weekly deep clean, and I dread going in. I was considering maybe paying a student cash in hand to do it once a week. I know I'd have done it for drinks money when I was at college! Pet food and pet sitter already eat into wages - TA the responsibility of animals and how much they cost!:P

Actually another TA, working with someone who just came back from mat leave who was also obsessed with toxoplasmosis and keeps telling me it can be air borne! She doesn't even know my news yet, why is she talking to me about this!? Stop talking! :(

Ah you poor thing, all that worrying isn't great for the stress levels. I'd tell the colleague to shut it a couple of levels, that would drive me insane and there's no need for it. Hopefully she'll be more sensitive when she's in the know.

I think paying the student (even a secondary student would love the extra cash!) is a great idea because of the worry it'll save you. Go for it and let yourself relax a little :)

We recently adopted an elderly doggy and between his diet and his arthritis meds and our regular check ins, the cost really does add up. Our remaining cat is like a bargain by comparison!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Antares35 wrote: »
    Don't watch any Dogs Trust rehoming drive videos! :(:(
    I've had cats (some indoor) for over ten years so am hoping I am already immune. I wear gloves, wash (and shower) after and use special wellies etc. But still can't shake the fear. Mine have an enclosure that requires a once weekly deep clean, and I dread going in. I was considering maybe paying a student cash in hand to do it once a week. I know I'd have done it for drinks money when I was at college! Pet food and pet sitter already eat into wages - TA the responsibility of animals and how much they cost!:P

Actually another TA, working with someone who just came back from mat leave who was also obsessed with toxoplasmosis and keeps telling me it can be air borne! She doesn't even know my news yet, why is she talking to me about this!? Stop talking! :(

You probably have thought of this, but in case, if you contact post primary schools that do further education classes in veterinary nursing or pre veterinary, they will have enthusiastic students who would have time off to help and would love a pet parent ref for college.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    You probably have thought of this, but in case, if you contact post primary schools that do further education classes in veterinary nursing or pre veterinary, they will have enthusiastic students who would have time off to help and would love a pet parent ref for college.

You're a genius, Breda. That would never have occured to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,743 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

When you’re in a packed car Park trying to find a space. You see the a gap at long last, drive up only to realise there’s a motorbike parked in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I was trying on jeans in a changing room

I put my phone on the shelf and when I was done i gathered my things and walked away

2 minutes later I checked my pockets and bag for my phone and realized I’d left it on the shelf

Luckily still there after my sprint. Ta’d that I’m scatter brained

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,322 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who keep on telling you it's raining on a day like Today!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Virgin fcekin media....8:50 check everything is set to record...go off do a few chores.

9:10 sit down with cuppa everything failed to record...was looking forward to Dublin murders.

The rest should be picked up on +1 but sooooo annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

At hubs for just ringing me and saying “Hey, X is going to stay with us tonight, can you do this list of things?”. It takes me a few days to muster the energy to do basically anything. Yeah sure, Hubs, no biggie. :rolleyes: 21:30 toilet-cleaning, it is.

Virgin fcekin media....8:50 check everything is set to record...go off do a few chores.

9:10 sit down with cuppa everything failed to record...was looking forward to Dublin murders.

The rest should be picked up on +1 but sooooo annoying.

Are you sure your not mixing up your programs?
    Dublin Murders is on Wednesday night on RTE One and Darklands was on at 10pm because of the match!

Are you sure your not mixing up your programs?
    Dublin Murders is on Wednesday night on RTE One and Darklands was on at 10pm because of the match!

It on bbc1 tonight and tmw.... I was trying to beat the adds!

I gave up on darklands after 15 mins :)

• Advertisement

It on bbc1 tonight and tmw.... I was trying to beat the adds!

I gave up on darklands after 15 mins :)

It would have being great if I knew that.

I'm treating Darklands as sort of a comedy!

It would have being great if I knew that.

I'm treating Darklands as sort of a comedy!

Record second episode tmw on BBC 1 then you only have to sit through half the amount of adds on Wednesday.... I think there's episode 3 and 4 also. I was too busy having a strop resetting everything to fully pay attention.

No I couldn't even treat it as a comedy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

irish sports fans who sing ole ole ole, really grates my gears

part of me wants to see ireland lose just to put this embarrassment to an end

Forgot to bring my book to work for my lunch break for the second day in a row :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Irrational guilty feeling for not sending PayPal payment by "friends and family "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Make a complaint about my 'conduct' all you want you snivelling little toad of a man. I will relish the opportunity to tell a disciplinary committee all about how you verbally abused me on the call and called my integrity and competency as an officer into question.

We had a course recently on workplace violence and how if you don't report these incidents to management when they happen, the offender will think that that sort of behaviour is acceptable and will continue to act that way. And the weasel in question does indeed have a long coloured history of being abusive to our staff. So thankfully I had filed an incident report with my manager as soon as I hung up the phone on the creep. And my manager has said that he'll be writing to the guy's client to advise them of his conduct and how it's not acceptable. Hopefully he gets fired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Le siiiiiiiigh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I bought new glasses for €239 in Specsavers in July and I can't wear them.
    I've had them loosened, tightened, all sorts done to them, but no matter what, I get pressure pains on my ears and end up with a splitting headache within an hour.
    Its like the arms of the glasses are too short for my ears and aren't sitting right, but they've been so unhelpful. They're blaming the shape of my head and saying they can do no more. :confused:
    Such a waste of money and I'm stuck wearing my old ones, of which the prescription isn't strong enough. Extremely TA'd.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Needing to poop badly 1km into a 6km run.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I've had them loosened, tightened, all sorts done to them, but no matter what, I get pressure pains on my ears and end up with a splitting headache within an hour.
    Its like the arms of the glasses are too short for my ears and aren't sitting right, but they've been so unhelpful. They're blaming the shape of my head and saying they can do no more. :confused:
    Such a waste of money and I'm stuck wearing my old ones, of which the prescription isn't strong enough. Extremely TA'd.

Id persist with this. They are at fault for bad measurement regardless of head shape. Id get back onto management of the store. Hope you get somewhere with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Le siiiiiiiigh

agus

Le ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Go on...

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Following on from last night's programme failure... Everything that rescheduled recorded but cut out after 45, 15, 17 mins. none of them recording at same time so can't blame a glitch on it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

The overuse of the word "Shocking" in online and newspaper articles.
    Shocking pictures of such and such, Shocking video of this and that.
    Always most decidedly not shocking, mostly banal and uninteresting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Have an assignment I need to do for college. Requested a book from the college library’s automated storage system. Just got an email to say that the system is now out of order with no time in place as to when it’ll be fixed. Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

SusieBlue wrote: »

If your old ones were a comfortable fit then the shape of your head has nothing to do with the problem. I agree 're. keeping on to this. If they're not fit for purpose you should at least be refunded.

Ta the good old splitting open spaghetti package. They could just as easily package dry goods in brown paper anyway. Unwrapping excess plastic takes as long as doing the online shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Seeing my ex colleagues in London, chatting amongst themselves about an article in the Irish Times!

* I used to get such slagging when I was there for reading 'regional papers'.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If your old ones were a comfortable fit then the shape of your head has nothing to do with the problem. I agree 're. keeping on to this. If they're not fit for purpose you should at least be refunded.

Ta the good old splitting open spaghetti package. They could just as easily package dry goods in brown paper anyway. Unwrapping excess plastic takes as long as doing the online shopping.

Could be a difference in the temple length, this is normally written on the glasses

frame-size-1200x630.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Did you do a Paula radcliffe on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Having the title of a movie shoehorned into the dialogue (just in case the audience didn't understand why it was called that).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement