Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Mafia: GoldenWolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

Clarabel wrote: »
    Troy what was it about my ISO that made me seem wolf?

Tone read is off - basically is just glorified gut feel at this stage but the flow feels wrong for village. That why I asked for another opinion. I’ll do a more detailed iso on you later to try to pin down what’s troubling me(would also be useful if you’re post startle adapts at all)

tritium wrote: »
    Tone read is off - basically is just glorified gut feel at this stage but the flow feels wrong for village. That why I asked for another opinion. I’ll do a more detailed iso on you later to try to pin down what’s troubling me(would also be useful if you’re post startle adapts at all)

*post style adapts at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

*post style adapts at all

So if she is a wolf you've told her ehat to do to stop you thinking she is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

I'm not sure that I'm capable of knowing what my post style is, let alone adapting it.
    I feel like a deer in a headlight. Mainly cause I've no idea how to defend myself against this.

It's also really hard to not shout wolf at the person accusing you.

I suppose so, but if she does it doesn’t that make her a wolf so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

I suppose so, but if she does it doesn’t that make her a wolf so :)

So if I do imma wolf, of I don't I'm a wolf. Whahahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I’ve posted my vote for Sully. Open to having my mind changed.

Fwiw i put you on my list but i wouldn't vote for you anytime soon. You're just my third most likely. Well 4th as i have a new favourite now.

So i personally wouldn't change your style if you're good. When it comed down to the voting if someone does they'll have a valid reason and then you can address it. When its just feelings i don't think you need to panic yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Er what? So the matrix thing. That's the possible roles? So there are roles but we've no idea what? Once we establish one role we eliminate a number of groups. I think I understand necromania now. You're cray >> OP confusion

I'm terrified of going over my post count. Just spotted that it's only in place from Monday. Guess where Wally is? >> More OP confusion

It's okay you're a wolf. We kill them first ;) >> Referring to BH also reading the OP wrong & querying game length

Question for mods please. Will we be allowed to discuss the votes thread and quote/copy from it? I assume yes, I can see me making votes to get reactions. Feel a vote will get a much stronger reaction than a FFA. I love the vote a wolf panic! >> More OP clarification

Oooh good semantics! I'm not a wolf. GLARES >> Responding to BH who was in return responding to her wolf comment above.

Someone? Someone in a backroom? Who is someone? >> Shade at sKieth who had been referencing another players Motion Detector explanation (post #50)

I see >> Quoting her own Backroom question post

Which BR is that then? >> References sKieths post about keeping his notes to his backroom from now on

Is it just wolves or everyone who needs to shoot poor Baggly >> answering one of Vales #shootbagly posts

Ah no. I dunno if I like that. I'm not great at following instructions >> Answering Whippys post saying “everyone gets to shoot Baggly”

I have a gun >> doesn’t have a gun. Or does she?

I don't have a mafia gun >> Doesn’t have a useful gun

Monday >> Dandy asking when does the post limit start

It can only be used to shoot Baggly and I'm not gonna >> Confusion, gun or no gun?

I have the only gun >> Dandy welcomes Senior Cheese, Clarabel answers with this

Again just to be clear, it's not a Mafia game gun. But I definitely have the only gun that can kill Baggly >> Is this an actual death threat, like?

I used to like you. I'm gonna shoot you instead of Baggly >> responding to Necro. In fairness, who doesn’t want to shoot Necro.

<Long post asking for gender clarification>

Oh. Apologies. Now I feel line I could have more wrong >> regrets asking for gender clarification

I'm on a train *shock* people are looking at me funny laughing at my phone! >> Responding to Dandys election posters

In what way and why is that? >> Responding to Dandy suggesting sKieth is too harsh on BH and too easy on Clarabel

Reads so far:
    TheSkunk nice
    Clarabel lovely
    Barney92 nice
    sullivlo who
    kitten_k who
    Ectoplasm lady Ecto can't be a wolf.
    Choc Chip. Nice
    tritium who
    fixxxer no read
    Dublinandy2 nice
    Bounty Hunter eternally nRV,, don't break my heart
    TheValeyard murderous xxxx
    Whiplashy nice
    Aint Eazy Being Cheezy needs more cheese, way more
    Baggly need more
    Uriel. This one is confusing. I want to meta game and go read old ganes
    sKeith not a wolf
    QB wolf.
    Strawberrybaby wolf

Gun to my head.....I've no reads. Probably one of the "who" people

>> Fluffy an FFA as there can be. No strong reads. No negative reads. Pads it with two people not actually playing.

Why cant Eccto be a wolf? Why is BH now NRV?

I don't think he was saying I was a nailed villager. I don't get the shoot Baggly thing. So I jumped on a jokewagon >> Responding to Dandy saying BH is too good to flag what they are so easily. #shootbaggly was joining in on the joke.

QB can never be trusted ever again.Strawbs is always a wolf. Pity they not playing otherwise my reads would be excellent. Other reads are true, for me. >> Explaining why Strawbs and QB are on her list

Don't post when drunk. Don't post when drunk
    So I think the roles are put in deliberately to cause confusion and paranoia. The motion detector will make you feel like cause there was motion someone must be evil.
    So we'll need to remind ourselves of that all the time.
    I wonder can it be helpful and detect munches....I doubt it though >> Posted when drunk.

Theories:
    Role slip slides : no evidence
    Roles not assigned yet: no evidence
    Goons have additional powers: no evidence
    It's this correct? >> Seems to have abandoned following up on sKieth about the BR mention

The even night vig, there's a higher chance that will be a role.
    So while it's obvious when we have 2 kills, that's why. It's not so obvious what v the other roles are then cause they are listed so often.
    Is n0 even?
    Does the vig have to use the gun, what if it's not ckear.? This will drastically reduce our mislynch ability. But also increases our ability to quickly kills noogs if we are sure

Whoever the jailer chooses will be around the next day. If the jailer jails the munch requester,then there is no munch. That's pretty much a caught noog there.
    How do you know it's a requestor though rather than the villager to be v eaten that v you are tracking? >> We can identify jailer who manages to block a munch as the jailer will be alive the next day to tell us what they did. Pulls back on this wondering if you might just catch the munchee. << I misunderstood this myself so it was helpful to read>>

I guess I'm coming from watching villagers making horrendous mistakes because they thought someone was a wolf. >> sKieth questions about Jailor theory

What should we be talking about instead? >> Responds to Ecto saying we shouldn’t be talking about mechanics

And? Who do you think might be a wolf >> Responding to Ecto saying we should be looking for wolves not mechanics

Are you protecting your genie? >> BH saying we shouldn’t be looking at low posters just yet as D0 isnt compulsory (who is the genie?)

I'm with you on Baggly. Why the others and why me? >> Ectos FFA of Sulli, Clarabel, Fixxxer, Baggly, Vale

I'm fairly sure I posted my read list when I stumbled on last night. So i have, which is why I asked Ecto for hers >> Yup, did indeed post a read list.

I like process and logic. Mechanisms is my dream. If I wasn't so hungover of be doing a matrix of combinations of how we can use each role to help the village.
    I really think that once we start and tunnelling and accusations start we'll forget exactly how the roles work. I've seen it in other games.I don't understand why you think it's goony.
    Also SK and BH are the same if not more, why aren't they on your list for that reason? >> Good response to Ecto saying: Based on my isos earlier. I have notes but they are at home. From what I recall Sully's one post was an odd one. Fixxxer is based on tone. Vale is a cool customer. You seem a bit too focused on mechanics

The genie appeared on cue though >> BH is the genie

The genie appeared on cue though >> Responding to sKieth saying baggly is mostly waffle

I don't think that's true at all. My recollection is that SK and BH have been discussing. Even my last post on mechanics is in response to someone else talking about that role.
    >> Ecto: SK has largely been responding to posts about them rather than bringing it up.

I see your point but I think my reasoning is valid too. It's not about how the role works but rather how claims of the role can be used to clear or find a wolf.
    Maybe we can compromise on timing? When do you think it's appropriate to discuss? >> Thinks Ecto should be looking at mechanics

Of course but if we both villagers then it's in our interest to discuss and figure each other out better. We can't afford mislynch, I don't want to be on your list cause it'll hurt the village. When I'm reading village off someone I want to work through things.
    I'm still learning the game. I've been killed off d0 except for one game. >> Finding a middle ground with Ecto re: mechanics & wolf hunting

I'm kinda hoping I'm gonna get lynched so I too will get a picture ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ŽðŸ˜€ >> Wants a Lynch poster from Dandy

Makeherdead.com ftw >> reference to lynch poster

It great! I was wondering what you'd be able to do. #makeherdead >> Likes the lynch poster!

I urge you not to vote for cheesy, even if they turn out to be a wolf. Wolves please don't munch him either. Being voted out d0/D1 when you're a new player doesn't feel great.
    Cheesy start posting though, anything, everything you say will be jumped on.
    Dandy, why me? I'm a little concerned over this wolf lean bandwagon. >> Very odd. Even if they are a wolf? Catch a wolf kill a wolf is king.

Well they've not posted yet so it's difficult to say if they a wolf on d0. There are other low posters , go that direction. That's all I'm saying >> Uriel also questions the above

Agreed >> from whippy: Good morning village I agree with whoever said about not munching the newbie. Play nice furballs. By lynch they’re fair game though if they’re behaving like a wolf.

Aww Vale.
    This **** is real now >> 10:06 after munch

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Don't have a super strong read but the main points I would see are:

Read list was super soft, no bad leans apart from players who are not playing, basically fluff. Now, its a D0 read list so maybe that's to be expected but then why do one at all? Wolf looking useful is a possibility, especially where there are no useful wolf lean calls made.

The don't lynch Cheese, even if they are a wolf. Nice sentiment and I can understand it from the point of view of a low poster being taken out. However, catch a wolf kill a wolf always.

A bit of D0 shade on BH but abandoned quickly enough. Useful chats with Ecto about looking for wolves. Nothing very dramatic. I wouldn't be lynching Clarabel just yet, but one to watch to be sure.

I never said this game made sense all the time....

More seriously though, a lot of this game is about progression and how a player develops over time. Of course demonstrating that progression also makes the wolves more likely to munch you if you’re village.

• Advertisement

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I’ve posted my vote for Sully. Open to having my mind changed.

But why, yo?

fixxxer wrote: »
    But why, yo?

Because I thinks she’s wolfie :D Didn’t like her first and only post up until this morning, and nothing she’s posted since has changed my mind

Because I thinks she’s wolfie :D Didn’t like her first and only post up until this morning, and nothing she’s posted since has changed my mind

And definitely not because you're trying to sneaky pocket sKieth while everyone is off on their lunch break??

And definitely not because you're trying to sneaky pocket sKieth while everyone is off on their lunch break??

I’m outraged by your accusation! I did post a list sometime yesterday or early this morning with who I thought were the 3 wolfiest and said I’d go for Sully out of the 3 of them, if you want to check back :) I’m giving her plenty of time to defend herself too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

sullivlo wrote: »
    SKs post clearing CC seemed suspicious. N0 early role claim??
    I don't have a backroom.

I just thought it was an unusual post by SK. That's all. I'm always wary of potential role claims, especially so early on and when a potential wolf would know what roles exist and would know that there's no real role to counter claim.
    Village will never know the actual roles unless the wolf hunter gets lynched. So I'd be wary of any claims at the start. That's all.
    How so? Or which part. I'm on my phone so typing shorthand.
    Wolf role hunter. It's either 4 wolves or 3 and a role hunter - my view being that it's a wolf seer.

SK's post was maybe a bit unusual as Sulli said in her post. Not sure why the bit about the N0 role claim though. However, it doesn't come across to me as a wolfy suggestion. I don't really see the point of it for a wolf.

The bit about not the village not knowing the actual roles isn't correct because there are some villager role alignments that would give us the game we are playing e.g. if there is a jack of all trades and a doctor then we have to be in 1E, or if there is a tracker, roleblocker and voyeur we are in 1D. However if the roles in 1A/B/C are outed we wouldn't be able to tell if we are in 1 or 2 unless the role cop or voyeur was outed. It'd be easier to work out if we find the role cop anyway. All that aside it doesn't feel like something a wolf would say. I think a wolf would be more careful about the potential game set up. I could be wrong, but I think sulli is probably good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Uriel. wrote: »
    Im really not sure about bagman, otherwise grand.
    Sultan and Jim-will-fixit are my only two noog leans at the moment

This is one I might be being stupid about but who is Jim-will-fixit? Fixxxer? If so, these were the posts prior to your post about him. What makes you lean noog about him?
    Good morning all. Good read, that OP. 50 post limit seems like it will keep thread numbers under control, but alas it is a double edged sword that can also limit discussion.

Maybe.

I'm not as verbose as some. Or prone to word vomit. Just the strong silent type.

oooooh

+1

Open to correct, but the roles will be assigned by the mods randomly once the game start? Does that mean they stick or will slip slide around as the game goes on?
    w.shoot @ Baggly

Lot's of eager players even this early. Nice to see it. Not sure what to make of it.
    You having PTSD there?
    I'm more interested in the BR mention that he made.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If that is all Sully's posts (5 so far), they are all very business posts, no fluff in there. Suspicion, backroom talk, village and wolf role talk, an excuse and interpreting a wolf role.

RIP Vale
    Vote Vale for Mayor in the Dead Room.

He is an experienced player who was active but hadn't said much. Role hunting i'd guess plus throw in the baggly stuff for confusion. He said on thread that was just a joke so I don't think anyone is being framed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

sKeith wrote: »
    This is incorrect.

It also shows that you have missed huge chucks of the thread.

The info gained from a flipped wolf cop is less than the info gained from a claim from a motion detector.

>>So I'd be wary of any claims at the start.

This is also a weird thing to say. Early NRV claim, i'd agree, but early role claim can be taken at face value unless counter claimed.

We will be able to deduce what world we are in in time, and false claimers will stand out a mile if they claimed a role that does not belong to the world we are in.

On the bolded bit - yes.

I just thought it was a flippant role claim. That’s all.
    kitten_k wrote: »
    Would the village not be able to work out what roles we are playing with based on any power roles announced on death?

Yes. Eventually. But if you get it into your head that X is good then you’re going to believe it. I was just suspicious of the post. That’s all.
    Ectoplasm wrote: »
    They would. Sullys postings this morning aren't making me feel any better about her BUT I'm not going to tunnel quite so early on and will be looking elsewhere for today (literally today Monday).

Thanks.
    Barney92 wrote: »
    SK's post was maybe a bit unusual as Sulli said in her post. Not sure why the bit about the N0 role claim though. However, it doesn't come across to me as a wolfy suggestion. I don't really see the point of it for a wolf.

The bit about not the village not knowing the actual roles isn't correct because there are some villager role alignments that would give us the game we are playing e.g. if there is a jack of all trades and a doctor then we have to be in 1E, or if there is a tracker, roleblocker and voyeur we are in 1D. However if the roles in 1A/B/C are outed we wouldn't be able to tell if we are in 1 or 2 unless the role cop or voyeur was outed. It'd be easier to work out if we find the role cop anyway. All that aside it doesn't feel like something a wolf would say. I think a wolf would be more careful about the potential game set up. I could be wrong, but I think sulli is probably good.

Sully is good.

I’m outraged by your accusation! I did post a list sometime yesterday or early this morning with who I thought were the 3 wolfiest and said I’d go for Sully out of the 3 of them, if you want to check back :) I’m giving her plenty of time to defend herself too.

This List?
    I agree that it’s far too early to have a proper read on anyone but we have to start somewhere. It’s mostly gut feel at this stage but it’s nearly always gut feel for me anyway....and I should add I’m not a great wolf hunter. I’m mostly suspicious of

Sully
    Bounty
    Vale

I don’t think we should be necessarily suspicious of low posters d0, I haven’t contributed an awful lot myself yet, but I’m making an exception for Sully.

You've not exactly spelled out why they were on your list.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

This List?

Actually I questioned that list at the time. She had gotten myself and Baggly mixed up for some reason. So there was explanation after that post

• Advertisement

This List?

There’s an explanation of the list. Possibly my next post

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Jeez. Over 3 days since opening I made under 50 posts. Now that it's being counted I'm feeling weirdly inhibited and like every post I make really needs to mean something. This one doesn't. I'm trying to get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

You're always so nice to me. Never be a wolf that lives more than a day or it may break my heart. Most people lie to me :(

d4W4gg5

Andy, have you sensed anybody lying to you at all this game?

You say here most people lie to you, but in a 3 is to 1 ratio of townies to wolves, most of the thread will be telling you the truth.

If you suspect somebody is lying to you, call them out over it, tell them you don't believe them.

Jeez. Over 3 days since opening I made under 50 posts. Now that it's being counted I'm feeling weirdly inhibited and like every post I make really needs to mean something. This one doesn't. I'm trying to get over it.

GUN TO HEAD TIME

Who do you lynch right now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Could someone do an independent ISO on clarabel and tell me what they think? My own comes back with a tone read that I don’t like so would like to cross validate

Also

These are really wolfy

Trit, can you put up your iso on clarabel? I know you asked for validation this morning, but we have that now and I'd like to read your thoughts.

GUN TO HEAD TIME

Who do you lynch right now?

Clarabel

Urgh. Boards on my phone has gone horrible and can't get it back to the old version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Urgh. Boards on my phone has gone horrible and can't get it back to the old version.

That happened to before, I deleted my history on the phone and it went back to normal.

sKeith wrote: »
    Andy, have you sensed anybody lying to you at all this game?

You say here most people lie to you, but in a 3 is to 1 ratio of townies to wolves, most of the thread will be telling you the truth.

If you suspect somebody is lying to you, call them out over it, tell them you don't believe them.

I was just being dramatic in the moment by appealing to Skunks emotions and tefering to life in general, not tge game :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

image.axd_.jpg

Game Mod Announcement:

Baggly has left the game and is being replaced by Drumpot

Advertisement