Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Mafia: GoldenWolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Get their vote in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

kitten_k wrote: »
    Get their vote in
    Its public voting.
    Public voting allows a visual on the state of the votes at this moment in time.

voted for|by whom
    sullivlo| sKeith, whiplashy
    choc chip| Tritium, Cheezy

Its not that people have to vote early, its that their early vote can help a player get motivated to show some village colours, well before lynch time.

If they don't improve, well, they seen the vote there for over 24 hours and done nothing about it, well, the vote must be in a decent place then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

P17. Do we have an amnesty 2 hours before lynch? Don’t answer I’ll check.

Regarding the low posters it happens every game, strange. You’d think if you was a wolf chatting to another wolf the temptation would to say, ‘Hang back let me play the villager, you’ll be good to be quietish for two lynched then just come on and blame the kids or work’

But then it could be genius to say let’s be the top 3 posters, really dominate but act independently enough not to look associated, even have arguments’

I’ve never been a wolf but I can see benefits of both. However what I have noticed is that you regular players don’t like change so that goes the same if wolf or good.

I’ll be a wolf one day then we’ll see. But for now I’m not so we’ll get one, then another and another

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Barney92 wrote: »
    Welcome drummer

tumblr_or8o6jUif41qgq3h0o1_500.gif
    Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Aww farewell Baggly we'll miss you :(

Welcome Drummer! Now tell us, are you a wolf?
    Aw by Baggly.

Welcome Drummer, hopefully you won't be need to one of these to dig tunnels :D:D

GTB-SSDRHS-burgon-and-ball-rhs-endorsed-stainless-digging-spade-02_9b4fe541-e7b5-4a20-9e05-592645575ffd_large.jpg?v=1505418095
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    Welcome Drumpot. I have you down as a possible wolf. Anything you’d like to admit to?
    Choc Chip wrote: »
    Hi Drumpot! :)

Sorry to see you go Baggly. :(
    Welcome drummer.

Are you a hairy or non hairy drummer?

giphy.gif
    fixxxer wrote: »
    Hello Drumpot!

Did Vale get his revenge from beyond the Grave? Did Clarabel use her actual baggly gun to actually bag herself a bagshot baggly??

tenor.gif

Hey Guys,

I got a message that self destructed before I could read all it’s contents so I’m not up to speed on events. I believe day 1 lasts a Month so I’ve plenty of time to catchup but I think I’m correct in saying I can’t post again until Thursday?

So Sully and Choc choc are up for the block block.... hmm, I will see if I can find anything my go go gadget glasses can spot.

Just aswell this game is normal skins as last mission I had I spent a lot of the time naked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Hi Drumpot, what makes you think you can’t post until Thursday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Hey folks. Had a surprisingly busy day. Panned out on the couch now reading back.

Dandy, wolves often hide in low posters but not always. There have been games where that's not the case. Quite often they post at similar levels to their village game and some players are naturally more chatty than others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Evening all.

So, thoughts for the day:

Village-ish
    Bounty: ISOs were useful and what I'm coming to me fixxxer v trit conclusion on, so happy to keep BH in village from today's comments.
    Kitten: Talking about clara's read list being soft (and helping me out with this) but not much else to push me one way or another.
    Skunk: decent comment this morning about not providing wolves with munch targets. Not much since.
    Clarabel: moved to medium. Getting a bit defensive about the attention on her, but I think all the ISOs are a bit fluffy so her reaction is the only thing worrying me. Note: don't see fixxxer and tritium being on same team, their interaction is far too cohesive.
    Baggly/ Drummer - nice list of reads, but followed by asking who wolves should munch, which seems strange.
    Barney: Questioned Uriel's vibe on fixxxer but fairly quiet today
    Tritium: Wishy washy prodding. Little work done and looking for others to do it. Comments on tone which can't be defended against. I think BH did a read on trit and his actual posts don't say much wolfy to me, so I'm going village for now, but keeping an eye on him.
    SK: Quiet today. Enjoyed his first lynch post with what I assume was waiting for a reaction. Not much else. I said I'd remain in his pocket til Tuesday, so remaining here til tomorrow.
    Cheezy: barely posts on thread but a post in the lynch thread. I'm going to assume a wolfy backroom would have warned against this.

No read
    Sullivo: No read.
    Dandy. I literally can't read Dandy. His comment re. lynching Baggly made me feel wolfy, but his 180 on drum put me straight back into confusion land.
    Whippy - still no read (thanks for taking back your munch-wish though ;)).

Wolfy-ish
    Ecto: Questions SK's core (I agree) and thinks people were copying his ISO. Says we can't read into why wolves took vale (I'm wary about dismissing looking into why he was munched). Says would lynch clarabel (I'm not seeing too much support for this). I'm leaning wolfy, but weak.
    Uriel: called SK out for pocketing but not seen much else other than an implied vote for sully and fixxxer, and no real reason behind this
    Fixxxer: doing ISOs where asked but not much other commentary. ISOs on Vale and Clarabel with weak conclusions. Asking who other people would lynch. Said would lynch cheezy (I would too now ;)). I'm reaching for this one and going for fixxxer as I feel his posts are slightly more wolfy than tritium and I don't think on same team.

I've got something to finish prepping for tomorrow and will be out most of tomorrow presenting it, so you can take the above as my presenting of my village colours. Village, I'll do my best, but good luck if i'm not in touch again before tomorrow evening!

Evening all.

Village-ish
    Bounty: ISOs were useful and what I'm coming to me fixxxer v trit conclusion on, so happy to keep BH in village from today's comments.
    Kitten: Talking about clara's read list being soft (and helping me out with this) but not much else to push me one way or another.
    Skunk: decent comment this morning about not providing wolves with munch targets. Not much since.
    Clarabel: moved to medium. Getting a bit defensive about the attention on her, but I think all the ISOs are a bit fluffy so her reaction is the only thing worrying me. Note: don't see fixxxer and tritium being on same team, their interaction is far too cohesive.
    Baggly/ Drummer - nice list of reads, but followed by asking who wolves should munch, which seems strange.
    Barney: Questioned Uriel's vibe on fixxxer but fairly quiet today
    Tritium: Wishy washy prodding. Little work done and looking for others to do it. Comments on tone which can't be defended against. I think BH did a read on trit and his actual posts don't say much wolfy to me, so I'm going village for now, but keeping an eye on him.
    SK: Quiet today. Enjoyed his first lynch post with what I assume was waiting for a reaction. Not much else. I said I'd remain in his pocket til Tuesday, so remaining here til tomorrow.
    Cheezy: barely posts on thread but a post in the lynch thread. I'm going to assume a wolfy backroom would have warned against this.

No read
    Dandy. I literally can't read Dandy. His comment re. lynching Baggly made me feel wolfy, but his 180 on drum put me straight back into confusion land.
    Whippy - still no read (thanks for taking back your munch-wish though ;)).

Wolfy-ish
    Ecto: Questions SK's core (I agree) and thinks people were copying his ISO. Says we can't read into why wolves took vale (I'm wary about dismissing looking into why he was munched). Says would lynch clarabel (I'm not seeing too much support for this). I'm leaning wolfy, but weak.
    Uriel: called SK out for pocketing but not seen much else other than an implied vote for sully and fixxxer, and no real reason behind this
    Fixxxer: doing ISOs where asked but not much other commentary. ISOs on Vale and Clarabel with weak conclusions. Asking who other people would lynch. Said would lynch cheezy (I would too now ;)). I'm reaching for this one and going for fixxxer as I feel his posts are slightly more wolfy than tritium and I don't think on same team.

That middle bit is surely the best place to be. Don’t get lynched but not too village that you get munched. We should call it the habitable zone.

Choc how did you go from this :
    Epic! Our interaction was trit accusing me of being a wolf, me asking why, me defending trit's accusations against me, and then me being ignored by trit until I pointed our their complete lack of work and weak accusation against clarabel.

Defensive much trit? ;)

Also, where is that Clarabel ISO that you said you had done, and then later said that you would do? Schrodingers ISO?

To this?
    Evening all.

Village-ish

Trit is listed by you under village-ish but when you're talking about fixxxer, your top suspect, fixxxer is only *slightly* more wolfy than Trit.

This makes no sense.

• Advertisement

Evening all.

No read

voted for|by whom
    sullivlo| sKeith, whiplashy, uriel
    choc chip| Tritium, Cheezy, sullivlo

I think a priority for you is to try and get something out of sullivlos posts. A basic read is better than no read.

That middle bit is surely the best place to be. Don’t get lynched but not too village that you get munched. We should call it the habitable zone.

Do you believe you are in the habitable zone of a townies reads list or a wolf reads list, and after declaring, would your reaction to your placement be any different if their allignment was the opoposite?

sKeith wrote: »
    voted for|by whom

I think a priority for you is to try and get something out of sullivlos posts. A basic read is better than no read.

Disagree (with the understanding that you're far more experienced). We have nearly 24 hrs til lynch. I've more interest in finding a wolf than throwing aspersions on someone I'm not yet reading as a wolf.

Choc how did you go from this :

To this?

Trit is listed by you under village-ish but when you're talking about fixxxer, your top suspect, fixxxer is only *slightly* more wolfy than Trit.

This makes no sense.

I think I'm clear, I'm reading them both a bit wolfy but don't think they're on the same team. If I'm doing a list I can't put both on so if I had to pick one, I'd pick Trit.

I think I was a bit defensive myself earlier, but with the benefit of a cool head, I don't think his ISO is overly wolfy, and I think he was prodding (albeit with little work done). I didn't say fixxxer was my top suspect, just that I didn't like what I saw.

Really have to go now lads - will answer any other comment on this if I get a cahnce.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Naw. Throw out the accusations, then look for a behavioral change. That’s my game plan.

Naw. Throw out the accusations, then look for a behavioral change. That’s my game plan.

Cool. Who you accusing first?

Disagree (with the understanding that you're far more experienced). We have nearly 24 hrs til lynch. I've more interest in finding a wolf than throwing aspersions on someone I'm not yet reading as a wolf.

Why did you say you were not reading them as wolf rather than 'no read'.

sully - not reading as a wolf.

Thats better than 'no read'.

voted for|by whom

Do you believe you are in the habitable zone of a townies reads list or a wolf reads list, and after declaring, would your reaction to your placement be any different if their allignment was the opoposite?

I think chip is town and it wouldn’t make a change if she moved me to wolf or safe.

Doesn’t quite work when you flag post it like this. Well maybe not anyway

Hi Drumpot, what makes you think you can’t post until Thursday?

Was only kidding, my monocle fell out when I typed that cause I thought was hilarious. I have to try and take some time to get up to speed with this setup, hopefully I can contribute more then badly judged jokes...

Drumpot wrote: »
    Was only kidding, my monocle fell out when I typed that cause I thought was hilarious. I have to try and take some time to get up to speed with this setup, hopefully I can contribute more then badly judged jokes...

Do you have a spiritual link to the gone but not forgotten Baggly

• Advertisement

RIP Vale. Always sucks to be the first one munched. At least he wasn't a Roled Village which was something I was a bit concerned by when I put him on my list of suspects. Don't think we can read too much into why they went for him - probably just taking a solid player out of the game.

Why would you feel concerned putting a RV on your list of suspects, surely thats the best place for you to put them.

Why would you feel concerned putting a RV on your list of suspects, surely thats the best place for you to put them.

I always worry that drawing attention to someone will ID them as RV. Less concerned with that in this game, so put Vale on my list.

TheSkunk wrote: »
    RIP Vale!

Checked my notes and he started the shoot Baggly thing which a few people got involved in.

Kind of clears Baggly because you wouldn’t munch the one person who was literally gunning for you the past few days.

He also thought there was a wagon forming on him but I don’t remember reading people going for him?

I’m working all day today so will catch up on my lunch and place my vote then based on my reads so far and what’s said throughout the day.
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    I don’t think it necessarily clears Baggly. Could be a double bluff.
    Baggly wrote: »
    Id say the intent was to implicate me somewhat and allow a wagon to form. I doubt the wolves would get on that wagon though. After all they know i will flip village.

Could be a triple bluff.
    I have literally gone, "Baggly can't be a wolf, it's way too obvious and that #shootbaggly this was too obviously a joke"

to, "what if baggly is a wolf and he KNEW it was too obvious a move and so killed Vale to throw us off the trail"

To, "What if Baggly's not a wolf, but the wolves wanted us to think that it was too obvious a move and something baggly would do if Baggly were a wolf."

And this is why I like day 0 before the paranoia sets in. Happy Day 1 everyone.

Also, RIP Vale.

tldw, munching vale has 0 effect upon baggly/drumpot.

From this exchange, skunk most suspicious for the supposed clear, choc chip least for showing it for the WINE it is.

Do you have a spiritual link to the gone but not forgotten Baggly

I’m afraid the tea leaves gave me nothing on Baggly!

Just looking at the OP, I presume the randing part doesn’t matter and the only thing I should be mindful of is the roles? But there’s 9 roles , are they all good? I will try and catchup but was hoping maybe a kind soul would fill me in so I can speed through any OP chat!

I always worry that drawing attention to someone will ID them as RV. Less concerned with that in this game, so put Vale on my list.

Having a RV in many villager suspects lists usually stops them from being munched Night 0. Worry more after the munch that you don't select them for a lynching, but don't worry night 0, as its the safest place for them to be.

Just looking at the OP, I presume the randing part doesn’t matter and the only thing I should be mindful of is the roles? But there’s 9 roles , are they all good? I will try and catchup but was hoping maybe a kind soul would fill me in so I can speed through any OP chat!

Basically there are at least 4 wolves. Either 4 just wolves or 3 wolves plus 1 wolf with a power.

On the good side, we have either 2/3 power roles but neither the village nor the wolves know what they are.

There are ten possible worlds, 1A-2E. only one of them is real, but we dont know yet which one. so, there is only 2 or 3 village roles, depending on which world we are in.

Hope that helps.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I don’t see the logic in how Baggly could seem good but Drumpot seems bad having (at the time) not posted. If he had already done so in an unusual manner I’d get that but it did seem odd to me but then again I had slight reservations re Baggly due to him being so defensive that he felt the needed to claim NRV on day 0. May be harsh on a sub but that means I’m unsure about Drumpot too as they have the same role.

Despite the on thread voting being able to be used to kick those voted for in to action with regards posting / interacting I’m going to try to remember that those votes just like the early unseen ones in a normal game can be changed and try to not let them influence my choice into being a 50:50 option from those already voted for. Will probably do up an FFA or big reads list when I get home before voting too

I believe choc chip is more village than sully so atm have voted sully as it puts him back in the hot seat to be voted out.

I wouldn't necessarily vote for him even though i suspect but open voting helps.

• Advertisement

I mean i think one or two others are more suspect

Advertisement