Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Mafia: GoldenWolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Welcome drummer

tumblr_or8o6jUif41qgq3h0o1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

kitten_k wrote: »
    That happened to before, I deleted my history on the phone and it went back to normal.

Thanks kitten. It worked. Really really don't like the other interface. Out and about a bit more than I planned to be today. I have been rained on a lot. Boards going wonky was contributing to grumpy Ecto but this is much better.

Also @Fixxxer same question to you, who'd you lynch right now?

Aww farewell Baggly we'll miss you :(

Welcome Drummer! Now tell us, are you a wolf?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I was wondering why Clarabel was popping up on people radar so much so went back and read her posts again. 51 posts and all pretty much fluff or mechanics except for her read list which was very soft and even included two people that are not even playing!

Aw by Baggly.

Welcome Drummer, hopefully you won't be need to one of these to dig tunnels :D:D

GTB-SSDRHS-burgon-and-ball-rhs-endorsed-stainless-digging-spade-02_9b4fe541-e7b5-4a20-9e05-592645575ffd_large.jpg?v=1505418095

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Welcome Drumpot. I have you down as a possible wolf. Anything you’d like to admit to?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Hi Drumpot! :)

Sorry to see you go Baggly. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Necro wrote: »
    Game Mod Announcement:

Baggly has left the game and is being replaced by Drumpot

Is it because I kept calling him Pter.

The king is dead, long live the king.

I was wondering why Clarabel was popping up on people radar so much so went back and read her posts again. 51 posts and all pretty much fluff or mechanics except for her read list which was very soft and even included two people that are not even playing!

I only show 3 people who had her on their read lists (me, ecto and dandy) but I know trit suggested her this morning.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with the above - Is the very soft read list meant to be an indication of wolf or village? (genuine question, sorry if it's stupid).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Looked for sub discussion rules in OP, couldn't find any.

Welcome Drumpot.
    Will give you some time to catch up. I'd prefer to chat with you after you have caught up than to just talk in the moment now, before you have caught up.

Can you let me know when you have done so, TY.

• Advertisement

Welcome drummer.

Are you a hairy or non hairy drummer?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Thanks kitten. It worked. Really really don't like the other interface. Out and about a bit more than I planned to be today. I have been rained on a lot. Boards going wonky was contributing to grumpy Ecto but this is much better.

Also @Fixxxer same question to you, who'd you lynch right now?

Right now? Ain't Easy Being Cheesey

Just to wake them up a bit, nothing personal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Hello Drumpot!

Did Vale get his revenge from beyond the Grave? Did Clarabel use her actual baggly gun to actually bag herself a bagshot baggly??

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Trit, can you put up your iso on clarabel? I know you asked for validation this morning, but we have that now and I'd like to read your thoughts.

Hold on the validation was that there was nothing in it

Choc Chip wrote: »
    I only show 3 people who had her on their read lists (me, ecto and dandy) but I know trit suggested her this morning.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with the above - Is the very soft read list meant to be an indication of wolf or village? (genuine question, sorry if it's stupid).

Wolf would normally give soft reads as its easier to back track. I am not saying she is defo a wolf as it was D0 so hard to get a read on people but it's something to keep in mind. The mention of QB and Strawberry was weird - fair enough QB has posted as she is modding but there are no posts from Strawberry as she is not playing yet Clarabel put them both as wolfy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hope all is well with Senor Baggly.

Had some time and like last time I don't think I'll be able to when post counts get higher so did an ISO on Trit
    tritium wrote: »
    Afternoon all

N0

NO role cop specified for village

NOt villiagery play

Dr No

VOTE skeith

1st post - Dr No is a bond movie. Have to check back about tasks though. Ending your first post a la Sully accusing sK but even stronger here
    This. Town reveals this early aren’t good play. With auto priest role claims at the right time are a key village tool

2nd Against it but discussing town reveals fast
    Well if you have bullets to spare I’m sure we can find a use for them over the next few days

(pats vale down nervously- vale with a gun might be scary to everyone)

I guess this is just extending the Vale/Baggly/gun dynamic
    Funny you say that but a few people are mentioning it alright....

He likes this topic

Not true......

... he’d need a gun too

(With a nod to Luther for exceptions)
    Bullets!!!

He’d need bullets too!!

Punchline is key Trit, be sure not to balls it up, dooh!

just thanked a post here by mistake trying to multi quote it - will leave it.
    Joke about the bullets again
    @baggley, he says you have till dawn....

He's still pushing the Baggly to be shot drum
    I’d like to be a plain old nrv for the peaceful life

Am I reading too much into I'd like- I would like- cos I'm not now
    References to a strategy on the other place. If there a seer everyone claims to have an N0 clear.

Wolfy as heck in a no seer game

vote skeith

(For the love of god will someone open the lynch thread and give vale a gun :pac:)

I can see his logic but also think that was sK's plan with his antics. See who reacted and tried to push him as Wolf and Trit is reacting here and the bold vote sk so many days before any vote at the very least indicates him and SK are not together.
    Wrong you’re a wolf or wrong how to vote?

Voting but I get, they just won’t open the thread for me yet.

Patience, patience Trit, take valeyards serene wait for bullets as your inspiration

most of his posts seem to be about Vale, Baggly, a bullet and sK
    So you’re sayin I’m not wrong that you’re a wolf

:pac:

Thanks skeith, cuff him boys

If I could be sure of sK (leaning good atm) it could reflect badly on Trit
    Bluff = implicate baggly
    Double bluff= implicate baggly AND get on that wagon

Wouldn’t a triple bluff then make you a wolf :pac:

Back having fun at Baggly maybe being a wolf post lynch
    Could someone do an independent ISO on clarabel and tell me what they think? My own comes back with a tone read that I don’t like so would like to cross validate

Also

These are really wolfy

2 posts of interest here. Does he follow up either with his own Clara reads or why the posts highlighted are wolf. If so good if not this is shady
    Or a quadruple bluff even :)

back to joking about the Baggly situation
    I’m glad you asked

On the first one, you rush to play confused village and tell us you didn’t have a single note on a player who at the time was the third or fourth most prolific poster. It’s soft distancing from the kill

On the second, it rushes to affirm bagglys theory of being set up: it’s basically soft pocketing at best.

explains at least one of the above 2 which is good to see tbh I didn't have much on Vale despite him posting more than most though. It's a new person in his circle that was small up to now too with Choc
    Feel free to ask (lots of) questions to help get to grips

It makes it easier and also helps us if you’re village

Something a good villager or helpful Wolf would do
    Very true, seemed like I wouldn’t want to point that out if cheezy was a wolf though

correctly pointed out he left itd help if they were a wolf too but I could see a player doing that.
    Tone read is off - basically is just glorified gut feel at this stage but the flow feels wrong for village. That why I asked for another opinion. I’ll do a more detailed iso on you later to try to pin down what’s troubling me(would also be useful if you’re post startle adapts at all)

After supposidly doing an ISO and getting someone else to do an ISO on Clara, 2 lines is not much of a reason
    *post style adapts at all
    Clarabel wrote: »
    I'm not sure that I'm capable of knowing what my post style is, let alone adapting it.
    I feel like a deer in a headlight. Mainly cause I've no idea how to defend myself against this.

It's also really hard to not shout wolf at the person accusing you.
    I suppose so, but if she does it doesn’t that make her a wolf so :)

in a conversation with DAndy about the unusual Clara thing but not much to garner here

Thanks Fixxers Clara ISO - fixxxers most comprehensive post for sure thus far

Overall thoughts: Not likely to be on a team with SK and the one who reacted most anti sK early on (maybe still I guess). Spent most of his time joking about Vale/Baggly - both gone out of the game now I guess. Not leaning Village but nothing to ID him as wolfy either really.

Had some time and like last time I don't think I'll be able to when post counts get higher so did an ISO on Trit

1st post - Dr No is a bond movie. Have to check back about tasks though. Ending your first post a la Sully accusing sK but even stronger here

2nd Against it but discussing town reveals fast

I guess this is just extending the Vale/Baggly/gun dynamic

He likes this topic

just thanked a post here by mistake trying to multi quote it - will leave it.
    Joke about the bullets again

He's still pushing the Baggly to be shot drum

Am I reading too much into I'd like- I would like- cos I'm not now

I can see his logic but also think that was sK's plan with his antics. See who reacted and tried to push him as Wolf and Trit is reacting here and the bold vote sk so many days before any vote at the very least indicates him and SK are not together.

most of his posts seem to be about Vale, Baggly, a bullet and sK

If I could be sure of sK (leaning good atm) it could reflect badly on Trit

Back having fun at Baggly maybe being a wolf post lynch

2 posts of interest here. Does he follow up either with his own Clara reads or why the posts highlighted are wolf. If so good if not this is shady

back to joking about the Baggly situation

explains at least one of the above 2 which is good to see tbh I didn't have much on Vale despite him posting more than most though. It's a new person in his circle that was small up to now too with Choc

Something a good villager or helpful Wolf would do

correctly pointed out he left itd help if they were a wolf too but I could see a player doing that.

After supposidly doing an ISO and getting someone else to do an ISO on Clara, 2 lines is not much of a reason

in a conversation with DAndy about the unusual Clara thing but not much to garner here

Thanks Fixxers Clara ISO - fixxxers most comprehensive post for sure thus far

Overall thoughts: Not likely to be on a team with SK and the one who reacted most anti sK early on (maybe still I guess). Spent most of his time joking about Vale/Baggly - both gone out of the game now I guess. Not leaning Village but nothing to ID him as wolfy either really.

For met his clears Clarabel a little and implicates Trit. Dr No was a baddie

Wolf would normally give soft reads as its easier to back track. I am not saying she is defo a wolf as it was D0 so hard to get a read on people but it's something to keep in mind. The mention of QB and Strawberry was weird - fair enough QB has posted as she is modding but there are no posts from Strawberry as she is not playing yet Clarabel put them both as wolfy.

It was a DO joke.
    Strawberry is always a wolf (even though she's not)
    QB broke my heart.

Sighs, not funny then

For met his clears Clarabel a little and implicates Trit. Dr No was a baddie

I said I am not leaning village but is it too obvious to put a Bond Baddies name in your first post and a post you know will be highlighted cos you also suggest voting sK in bold?

• Advertisement

I'm cautious of Dandy
    I'm nailing my flag to a post. It may well be tunneling and going after someone after you. BUT the Trit and Fixxxer posts aren't sitting well with me. I can't see anything in those posts that give me anything to defend cause there's nothing in them that says wolf.

Ecto gave a good reason for reading me, I disagree but it feels village.

This interaction feels wolf to me.

Hold on the validation was that there was nothing in it

I don't have time to come back to this properly right now, but I'm not having a go at you (yet ;)).

My issue was that trit said s/he'd done an ISO on you but then never provided any info on that. TFixxxer provided a read, but we've still nothing from trit.

I also felt that the "tone" was a fairly weak argument to throw on you and wanted more detail on this, the kinda detail that might be in an iso...

I said I am not leaning village but is it too obvious to put a Bond Baddies name in your first post and a post you know will be highlighted cos you also suggest voting sK in bold?

If trit quoted a bond baddie in their first post, then goes on to win as a wolf, I think they deserve some kind of special prize at the end.

I'll buy them a bounty.

More skilled players....

Is there an easy way of keeping track of interactions between players. Like who has interacted with who, without essentially doing an ISO on everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

More skilled players....

Is there an easy way of keeping track of interactions between players. Like who has interacted with who, without essentially doing an ISO on everyone

Doing up an interactions table now myself. Only at #140 now, so it'll take more time. Will probably do up to munch for the first one.

More skilled players....

In terms of interactions, not that I know of. This is why I like to make notes as I go, can be handy and save you from having to go back to the start every time.

So Trit just voted Choc Chip... that;s a bit different than he had been saying (SK) but they did interact iirc

So Trit just voted Choc Chip... that;s a bit different than he had been saying (SK) but they did interact iirc

Re-reading their interaction and it does kind of indicate why the vote.

Epic! Our interaction was trit accusing me of being a wolf, me asking why, me defending trit's accusations against me, and then me being ignored by trit until I pointed our their complete lack of work and weak accusation against clarabel.

Defensive much trit? ;)

Also, where is that Clarabel ISO that you said you had done, and then later said that you would do? Schrodingers ISO?

• Advertisement

Any strong reads yourself BH?

I'm going back and rereading, making some notes. I was obviously off with Vale but what struck me is that a few of the reads following mine were broadly similar. Now I wasn't even close to being first to post a reads list but I am the only one I know is Team Village for sure. I also had clear reasons for mine. Not sure everyone can say the same.

Advertisement