Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Mafia: GoldenWolf - GAME THREAD

Options
  • 06-06-2019 11:49pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭

007 Mafia - GoldenWolf

007%20GoldenWolf.jpg

Bond, James Bond. 

The famous MI6 spy has been dragged into a terrifying game of cat and mouse with some sinister members of the Boards Mafia. Alongside his fellow villagers - known as Vanilla Townies - Bond must try to get to the bottom of the mystery Boards Mafia - who have assumed identities of some of the most dangerous super-villains he has ever faced!! 

A complex matrix has been designed where the townsfolk nor the villains can be certain of the powers that either have. See below for the details:

2x5%20Mafia%20set%20up.PNG

Method for randing: 
    First you randomly select a number to decide the mafia team's composition of Power Roles (1-2), then you randomly select a letter to decide the town's composition of Power Roles (A-E). Fill in the number of Vanilla Townies needed to make the town team have 13 members total, and you have your setup. EG. if you randed 2 and B, then you'd get the following setup:

Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia Role Cop
    vs.
    Town Even Night Vigilante, Town Jailkeeper, Town Voyeur, 10 Vanilla Townies

Description of Potential Roles in the Game:

Role Cop: Learns the role of the player they target each night. Note that the village does not have one of these in this set up.
    Doctor: Targets a player at night to protect that player from a single kill made during that Night. They are not told if their protection was successful. Protection from a single kill means that if multiple players try to kill someone, they will not be saved by one Doctor's protection
    Even Night Vigilante: Shoots on nights that are even in number (n2, n4, n6, etc)
    Roleblocker: Chooses one player per night to block from performing his or her night action. The target's night action, should they have any will not be performed -- that is, the Roleblocker blocks the target's role from working.
    Tracker: Follow a person at night and learn if they visited anyone, but not their action or alignment.
    Jailkeeper: Place a person in jail each night, protecting them from harm AND blocking any night actions they may have
    Voyeur: Learns what actions were performed on their target, but not who targeted them ie: doctor visits voyeur's target, result will be 'protective action'. If the mafia kill the target, result will be 'killing action' - etc etc
    Motion Detector - learns if any actions were performed by or on a player, but not what they were, or who else was involved.
    Jack of All Trades (JOAT) - Has three one-time actions they can use any night in any order - 1 x Vigilante Shot, 1 x Roleblock, 1 x Track.

Game Rules:

1. Respect the mods: The decisions of the mods are final. Mods will not enter into discussion or arguments on thread about mechanics of the game. There will be a time for review and discussion after the game is complete.  If you have any questions, please PM quickbeam, tusk or Necro and we will respond as soon as possible.

2. Don't cheat: This is a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread and designated back forum threads. No posting of any PMs from the game mod or referring to the content of them. No screen-shots, quoting from backroom threads or naming of rooms anyone may or may not have are permitted. There is a zero-tolerance policy in force for editing or deletion of posts from the game thread. This will be strictly enforced, and will result in a modkill.

3. Game schedule and voting rules: The game begins on Friday, 7th June with a soft opener. There will be a munch on Monday morning, 10th June at 10am, and the first lynch will take place on Tuesday night at 9pm. The game will cycle as follows in 35:12 hr phases (where 35 is the length of the day phase and 12 is the length of the night), with closed nights from after the announcement of the lynch result. The lynch thread will be opened following the munch and players can vote until 08:59:59PM, with results announced at 10pm. You can change your vote as many times as you like, but only your last vote will count.
    NOTE: Night Phases will be closed in this game, with the exception of night 0. Mods will be operating an honour system for this game and the thread will remain open so players can prepare posts etc.

NOTE: The minimum requirement is 5 posts each day phase, and that you log a vote each lynch. Failure to meet the requirements on two occasions will result in a player being subbed, or modkilled if no subs are available.

4. Lynch rules: This game, we are trialling LIVE voting. This will take place in a separate thread on the Boards forum. To log your vote, you can place your vote by posting 'VOTE XXX' in the thread, which is linked at the bottom of the OP.  The lynch thread should be used only for casting votes.  Game discussion in the lynch thread will not be tolerated.  Please use the player's full Boards name when casting your vote to ensure no ambiguity.

The votes will be published at 10pm in the order they were cast, with the player's role revealed upon death. There is to be NO POSTING by any player following the lynch result announcement until the following morning's munch announcement. 9pm - 10pm is considered a twilight phase where discussion is permitted until lynch result announcement.

In the event of a tie: Results will be determined on the basis of LAST VOTE CAST.

5. Are you dead? People are free to post in the thread until the lynch and wolf kills are announced. You are not dead until a post in the game thread announces it. Once you are dead, please don't post in the game thread, or any backroom you may have had as part of your role in the game again. Dead players are also asked to NOT THANK POSTS IN THE GAME THREAD AFTER DEATH. You will be granted access to the deadroom where you can discuss the game. 

6. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Pter/quickbeam) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

7. Post Count Limit: In order to allow players time to read over the thread, mods are introducing a post count limit of 50 posts per phase per player - which will begin following the first munch on Monday. This will be removed two hours prior to the lynch, in order to allow players to discuss it properly without fear of hitting the limit.
    Reminder that the 50 posts is a limit, not a target - do as Necro says, not as he normally posts! 
    Players going over the limit will receive a penalty lynch vote against them for every ten - or part of ten - posts over the specified limit of 50.

Players are also informed that there is a minimum post limit of 5 posts per day phase (35hrs). 

8. Auto-Priest: Upon death, a player's role will be announced on thread by the mods.

9. Meta-gaming: As per the updated charter, metagaming is frowned upon. Whilst the mods acknowledge it is difficult for players to entirely remove meta based on previous games from their opinions (particularly in non-anon games), we request that players do not quote or discuss posts from previous games in the game thread as part of your arguments against another. 

Win Conditions:
    Wolf Win: Gain parity with the village.
    Village Win: Kill off all wolves.

Player List:
    TheSkunk Strawberry Milkshake
    Clarabel
    Barney92
    sullivlo
    kitten_k
    Ectoplasm
    Choc Chip
    tritium
    fixxxer
    Dublinandy2
    Bounty Hunter
    TheValeyard
    Whiplashy
    Aint Eazy Being Cheezy
    Baggly Drumpot
    Uriel.
    sKeith

Note: Please see included below the Vanilla Town PM so as to remove any ambiguity from wording that may or may not be included within:

Dear Player,

Welcome to 007 Mafia: GoldenWolf!

007%20GoldenWolf.jpg
    Congrats, you have been assigned the role of:

Vanilla Town.

latest?cb=20140628223453

Your goal is to band together with your fellow villagers, in order to find and kill the mafia members.

This game will feature on-thread voting, in a seperate thread provided by the game mods on Boards for easy viewing and access.

To vote, simply post in this thread 'Vote XXXX' (XXXX being the player you wish to vote for). You may do this as many times as you wish up until the deadline of 20.59pm on each lynch. Any votes cast bearing a 21.00 timestamp will not be counted.

Best of luck, and we hope you enjoy the game.

Regards,

Necro, quickbeam and tusk

Lynches to be cast on thread here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057986544

Mod Clarification: When voting goes live it will also be possible to unvote a player. To do so, simply post 'UNVOTE XXXX' (With XXXX representing the player name).
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

image.axd_.jpg

Play commences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

First.

Night 0 on choc chip, they town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Er what? So the matrix thing. That's the possible roles? So there are roles but we've no idea what?

Once we establish one role we eliminate a number of groups.

I think I understand necromania now. You're cray

• Advertisement

welcome clarabel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

sKeith wrote: »
    welcome clarabel.

I'm terrified of going over my post count. Just spotted that it's only in place from Monday.

Guess where Wally is?

ih cool, hadnt noticed that yet and was counting. great that its not in affect yet, so can stop counting. will read the OP properly in work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Woohoo! Just in time, I was starting to get withdrawal symptoms. Going to a wedding today so this will keep me occupied for the rest of the weekend.
    I kind of like the mystery nature of the roles, wolves not being sure of what to hunt for is fun.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Long weekend (Inc Friday not Monday) here in Taiwan so I will hopefully get on a bit on Day 0. The Post limit isn't usually a worry for me, not being around at lynch time and the build up means I miss all the talk that would get me to over 50 posts a day anyway but I'll get 5 in a day.

Is the only thing we can gain from the method for randing roles what Clara says about if there is one known role we can work out other potentials for which combos might be out there. At least that will keep wolves unsure because we know what they are - 3 goons and someone chasing roles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Why don't you ask him if he's going to stay?
    Why don't you ask him if he's going away?
    Why don't you tell me what's going on?
    Why don't you tell me who's on the phone?
    Why don't you ask him what's going on?
    Why don't you ask him who's the latest on his throne?
    Don't say that you love me
    Just tell me that you want me
    Tusk
    Just say that you want me
    Just tell me that you
    Tusk
    Tusk
    Tusk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

sKeith wrote: »
    Night 0 on choc chip, they town.

I like that early confidence sK.

Morning all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Uriel. wrote: »
    Why don't you ask him if he's going to stay?
    Why don't you ask him if he's going away?
    Why don't you tell me what's going on?
    Why don't you tell me who's on the phone?
    Why don't you ask him what's going on?
    Why don't you ask him who's the latest on his throne?
    Don't say that you love me
    Just tell me that you want me
    Tusk
    Just say that you want me
    Just tell me that you
    Tusk
    Tusk
    Tusk

Ah Uriel, I've missed you :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Ok, just had a first read through the OP and we have autopriest. Yay!

My head goes into a spiral of paranoia with no autopriest. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,244 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'm Back.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Long weekend (Inc Friday not Monday) here in Taiwan so I will hopefully get on a bit on Day 0. The Post limit isn't usually a worry for me, not being around at lynch time and the build up means I miss all the talk that would get me to over 50 posts a day anyway but I'll get 5 in a day.

Is the only thing we can gain from the method for randing roles what Clara says about if there is one known role we can work out other potentials for which combos might be out there. At least that will keep wolves unsure because we know what they are - 3 goons and someone chasing roles.

Morning all. Congrats Tusk on losing your mod virginity!

BH - not necessarily - could be 4 goons and no role cop (unless you know something we don’t)

Welcome back Vale, RIP Murray

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Ah Uriel, I've missed you :)

I've missed you all too

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Even me?

Baggly wrote: »
    Even me?

Depends, are you a plastic bag or a paper bag?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod Clarification: When voting goes live it will also be possible to unvote a player. To do so, simply post 'UNVOTE XXXX' (With XXXX representing the player name).

This clarification will be added to the OP and Lynch Thread.

Uriel. wrote:
    Depends, are you a plastic bag or a paper bag?

I am all things to all people's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Good morning all. Good read, that OP. 50 post limit seems like it will keep thread numbers under control, but alas it is a double edged sword that can also limit discussion.

Maybe.

I'm not as verbose as some. Or prone to word vomit. Just the strong silent type.

Fixxxer the post limit doesn’t kick in until after munch on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,244 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

kitten_k wrote: »
    Welcome back Vale, RIP Murray

Murray may return. Or even another name! Whoahahahahhahahaahahahhahahahahahahhahhaha

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

oooooh

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

fixxxer wrote: »
    Good morning all. Good read, that OP. 50 post limit seems like it will keep thread numbers under control, but alas it is a double edged sword that can also limit discussion.

Maybe.

I'm not as verbose as some. Or prone to word vomit. Just the strong silent type.

Think you're fine until Monday fixxxer.

I think i should be given an additional 50 posts after the munch on Monday, in case the first 50 dont suit me.

I'm Back.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

From the matrix it seems that every role in column A is in column B, but not vice versa. If we find a role cop or motion detector we know we are in B. Would be useful if we were able to work it out eventually in order to evaluate future role claims.

giphy.gif

Advertisement