Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Mafia: GoldenWolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Clarabel wrote:
    He's mostly genie to be fair

I'm really not given I responded to a post directly at me 35 mins after it was posted. Genies pop up instantly.

sKeith wrote:
    Its funny poking him, he acts all like a hedgehog being poked.

You have been talking to my wife, havent you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Awwww. I like you too ;)

Unless you're a hairy wolf

I maybe hairy, but I aint no stinky wolf.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

What's Lock Clear?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

What's Lock Clear?

SK in Silence of the Lambs :pac:

• Advertisement

Sorry SK I couldn’t resist. Lock clear is when somebody is 100% cleared villager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

SK has largely been responding to posts about them rather than bringing it up.

I don't think that's true at all. My recollection is that SK and BH have been discussing. Even my last post on mechanics is in response to someone else talking about that role.

s to why I think it's wolfy is the same reason I've given...spending time on thread discussing what way a village role might play out is the ideal cover for a wolf. They can make lots of suggestions and keep the discussion focused on that rather than on who is a wolf. Lets say I have a role...any questions I have about that role can be answered by the mods. Now lets say Im a villager without a role, what does it matter to me what someone else decides to do with it?
    The best way I can help RVs is to focus on who I think is a wolf and make a case for it.

I see your point but I think my reasoning is valid too. It's not about how the role works but rather how claims of the role can be used to clear or find a wolf.

Maybe we can compromise on timing? When do you think it's appropriate to discuss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

TheSkunk wrote: »
    SK in Silence of the Lambs :pac:

I was lynched in hat game, so not sure that's a good description ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

sKeith wrote: »

Think i'd be interested in the Meta rule being lifted next time we have a long game with real accounts. Tis hard not to fall into it anyway when we spent 3 weeks tunneling the same Lock clear fellahs only 2 weeks ago.

SK has largely been responding to posts about them rather than bringing it up.

As to why I think it's wolfy is the same reason I've given...spending time on thread discussing what way a village role might play out is the ideal cover for a wolf. They can make lots of suggestions and keep the discussion focused on that rather than on who is a wolf. Lets say I have a role...any questions I have about that role can be answered by the mods. Now lets say Im a villager without a role, what does it matter to me what someone else decides to do with it?
    The best way I can help RVs is to focus on who I think is a wolf and make a case for it.

player: should i use this role to try and find a wolf.
    mod: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    player: maybe i should use it to try and get caught by the tracker, do you think that would be good?
    player: if i voyeur someone who i believe is good, and they get munched, what help will that be, getting a report of munched.

Those chats are always so helpful....

• Advertisement

But you were LOCK CLEAR.

How could they?...

Oh wait, my bad :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Clarabel wrote: »
    I don't think that's true at all. My recollection is that SK and BH have been discussing. Even my last post on mechanics is in response to someone else talking about that role.

I see your point but I think my reasoning is valid too. It's not about how the role works but rather how claims of the role can be used to clear or find a wolf.

Maybe we can compromise on timing? When do you think it's appropriate to discuss?

I think it's a good idea to think about those kind of things..having an idea of how a role can be used to clear someone or find a wolf is always a good idea. Talking about it on thread a lot isn't. Wolves don't need additional help if there is something they haven't spotted (unlikely but possible).

As to when it's appropriate to discuss, I'd say at the time of a reveal. Otherwise, trust the RVs to do their thing.

player: should i use this role to try and find a wolf.
    player: maybe i should use it to try and get caught by the tracker, do you think that would be good?
    player: if i voyeur someone who i believe is good, and they get munched, what help will that be, getting a report of munched.

Those chats are always so helpful....

:D very true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Kfc

Clarabel wrote: »

I think it's a good idea to think about those kind of things..having an idea of how a role can be used to clear someone or find a wolf is always a good idea. Talking about it on thread a lot isn't. Wolves don't need additional help if there is something they haven't spotted (unlikely but possible).

As to when it's appropriate to discuss, I'd say at the time of a reveal. Otherwise, trust the RVs to do their thing.

Also to be clear. This is only my opinion and I'm not the most amazing player. I'm just saying if people post mostly about this kinda thing I'm going to find it suspicious.

Everyone has to play the game the way that works best for them.

Kfc

Andy can you do one of them vote pictures for me please? :) I missed out on that conversation yesterday but would love one, I’ll treasure it forever

Also to be clear. This is only my opinion and I'm not the most amazing player. I'm just saying if people post mostly about this kinda thing I'm going to find it suspicious.

Everyone has to play the game the way that works best for them.
    Of course but if we both villagers then it's in our interest to discuss and figure each other out better. We can't afford mislynch, I don't want to be on your list cause it'll hurt the village. When I'm reading village off someone I want to work through things.

I'm still learning the game. I've been killed off d0 except for one game.

Andy can you do one of them vote pictures for me please? :) I missed out on that conversation yesterday but would love one, I’ll treasure it forever

I'm kinda hoping I'm gonna get lynched so I too will get a picture ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ŽðŸ˜€

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Ok but they was just to fill the time yesterday. I’ll combine you and clarabel somehow

People pointed to the low level posting folk and although it is too early to be sure on anything I decided to ISO one as I know I won't have the time to when peoples post counts get high - good to look back at how they started though.
    fixxxer wrote: »
    I'm more interested in the BR mention that he made.

I also noted this it must be said but all it would do is make it slightly less likely he is teamed with SK if a wolf as he is moving focus that way.
    You having PTSD there?

He asks this to DAndy who he quoted. Again it highlights others as being odd but nothing too wolfy
    w.shoot @ Baggly

Lot's of eager players even this early. Nice to see it. Not sure what to make of it.

If a wolf probably not with Baggly by encouraging this but tbh it's a bit of fun post about something that didn't seem serious but again highlighting the odd behavior without saying much about it.
    Open to correct, but the roles will be assigned by the mods randomly once the game start? Does that mean they stick or will slip slide around as the game goes on?

Where does this notion come from ? Fixxer is an experience player and i've not played a game where roles were roles slid around as the game went on. Plenty of people jumped on me reading the OP wrong but I can't work out how he came to that conclusion.
    oooooh

+1

realizing the post limit hasn't kicked in yet. Nothing
    Good morning all. Good read, that OP. 50 post limit seems like it will keep thread numbers under control, but alas it is a double edged sword that can also limit discussion.

Maybe.

I'm not as verbose as some. Or prone to word vomit. Just the strong silent type.

Still thinks there is a post limit but hints he will be silent.

Only person I've looked into this much but he isn't getting a village lean from me yet anyway

• Advertisement

People pointed to the low level posting folk and although it is too early to be sure on anything I decided to ISO one as I know I won't have the time to when peoples post counts get high - good to look back at how they started though.

I also noted this it must be said but all it would do is make it slightly less likely he is teamed with SK if a wolf as he is moving focus that way.

He asks this to DAndy who he quoted. Again it highlights others as being odd but nothing too wolfy

If a wolf probably not with Baggly by encouraging this but tbh it's a bit of fun post about something that didn't seem serious but again highlighting the odd behavior without saying much about it.

Where does this notion come from ? Fixxer is an experience player and i've not played a game where roles were roles slid around as the game went on. Plenty of people jumped on me reading the OP wrong but I can't work out how he came to that conclusion.

Only person I've looked into this much but he isn't getting a village lean from me yet anyway

Please order the posts from oldest to newest before making the comments as if it was chrologocial.

To hightlight your mistake and how this is very bad note these.

The post that you commented on about 'still thinks', is their opening post.

Now, knowing that you done all that incorrectly, do you want to redo it, but this time do it properly?

Please order the posts from oldest to newest before making the comments as if it was chrologocial.

To hightlight your mistake and how this is very bad note these.

The post that you commented on about 'still thinks', is their opening post.

Now, knowing that you done all that incorrectly, do you want to redo it, but this time do it properly?

I'm happy with how I did it. I believe you understood how I interpreted his posts from what you have written despite the unnecessary way you wrote it.

like, its only 6 posts,

and the order you did them in was

like, its only 6 posts,

and the order you did them in was

And you seem to have understood the content, whats the issue dude? Do your own ISOs, or question what I said as apposed to worry about the order it appeared in a post. I don't need to re write it just cos your OCD

And you seem to have understood the content, whats the issue dude? Do your own ISOs, or question what I said as apposed to worry about the order it appeared in a post. I don't need to re write it just cos your OCD

When you are trying to establish a players progression in the game, it does help if you are looking at their posts in chronological order.

otherwise you are not actually looking for progression at all, but just looking at individual posts on their own and not bulding a story from their posts, you are ignoring any agenda that they may have.

it was mostly a reverse chronological series you done there, so maybe you were looking for regression signs..

whatever floats your boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I agree that it’s far too early to have a proper read on anyone but we have to start somewhere. It’s mostly gut feel at this stage but it’s nearly always gut feel for me anyway....and I should add I’m not a great wolf hunter. I’m mostly suspicious of

Sully
    Bounty
    Vale

I don’t think we should be necessarily suspicious of low posters d0, I haven’t contributed an awful lot myself yet, but I’m making an exception for Sully.

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I agree that it’s far too early to have a proper read on anyone but we have to start somewhere. It’s mostly gut feel at this stage but it’s nearly always gut feel for me anyway....and I should add I’m not a great wolf hunter. I’m mostly suspicious of

Sully
    Bounty
    Vale

I don’t think we should be necessarily suspicious of low posters d0, I haven’t contributed an awful lot myself yet, but I’m making an exception for Sully.

suppose I should ask why me? Also why Vale? Sully only has 1 post so you got to assume it's based off that. Which I guess I get but explain. Even if it's an attack on me it's better than just names as your opinions might help you in a few days or hurt you, more you say the better always assuming your good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

suppose I should ask why me? Also why Vale? Sully only has 1 post so you got to assume it's based off that. Which I guess I get but explain. Even if it's an attack on me it's better than just names as your opinions might help you in a few days or hurt you, more you say the better always assuming your good.

I just thought it was strange that you claimed NRV so early on. There’s no need to be lessening the pool of possible RVs for the wolf’s. Also a wolf is more likely to claim NRV than RV. I know it’s flimsy but like I said I have to start somewhere. I’m always open to changing my mind.

Vale is the whole shooting Baggly thing. I get it’s a joke and a once off comment is fine but I don’t like the way it’s carried on. It could be trying to plant seeds in other people’s heads. Again flimsy, I know.

If we were voting tonight I’d go Sully. She’d have been better off not appearing at all than to just drop in that 1 comment. I can’t remember what exactly it was and I’m on my phone, but I remember thinking it was a bit off.

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I just thought it was strange that you claimed NRV so early on. There’s no need to be lessening the pool of possible RVs for the wolf’s. Also a wolf is more likely to claim NRV than RV. I know it’s flimsy but like I said I have to start somewhere. I’m always open to changing my mind.

Vale is the whole shooting Baggly thing. I get it’s a joke and a once off comment is fine but I don’t like the way it’s carried on. It could be trying to plant seeds in other people’s heads. Again flimsy, I know.

If we were voting tonight I’d go Sully. She’d have been better off not appearing at all than to just drop in that 1 comment. I can’t remember what exactly it was and I’m on my phone, but I remember thinking it was a bit off.

I never claimed to be NRV. Where is that from, do you have me mixed up with Baggly?

• Advertisement

Whiplashy wrote:

Why would a RV not claim nrv? I've heard this before and don't know the reason.

I've been a RV and had no issue claiming nrv.

Advertisement