Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

back home now after 2 lovely weeks in Southern Spain, it certainly feels chilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

By turning on the heating when there's no need, you're helping bring more unpleasant weather on yerselfs. Throw on a jumper in the evenings be grand

there is no way I could afford heating until October whatever the weather... the body does adjust if you let it

Not been out yet but it is very quiet... no rain, no wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Dark and grey in Letterkenny after yet another 100% overcast day yesterday. No rain at least and satellite looks like it might clear up a bit later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It feels a bit cooler this morning than I expected. Even inside. It's completely cloudy with a few small glimpses of blue through the cloud. It's 14.2C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    It feels a bit cooler this morning than I expected. Even inside. It's completely cloudy with a few small glimpses of blue through the cloud. It's 14.2C.

Completely sunny in Arklow
    Feels cooler alright!
    Currently 16.1c in Arklow

• Advertisement

Just looked out and there are no mountains, no land, and a dim small ocean is all there is.. thick haar as they call sea fog up in Orkney..

That is why it is so intensely quiet... all sound is deadened, muffled .. heard the air ambulance in earlier also... flying very very low.

west mayo offshore island

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Completely sunny in Arklow
    Feels cooler alright!
    Currently 16.1c in Arklow

It seems to be always sunny in Arklow.

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    It seems to be always sunny in Arklow.

We get our unfair share :D

From the sat pic , all of wexford and s good bit of the centre of the country today too
    (And a lot of co Donegal \0/)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

completely cloudy here in Dunshuaghlin, but hopefully sun will break through later. Feeling relatively mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Definitely brightening up in DCC... can see cloud breaking from the South

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,080 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Graces7 wrote: »
    Just looked out and there are no mountains, no land, and a dim small ocean is all there is.. thick haar as they call sea fog up in Orkney..

That is why it is so intensely quiet... all sound is deadened, muffled .. heard the air ambulance in earlier also... flying very very low.

Rescue 118 was at Inishbiggle this morning before heading to Castlebar hospital

sun getting going here now in Meath and feeling pleasantly warm.

Nasty out there so am staying in. Air is stifling and full of starving rabid midges... still oppressive and dark,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭highdef

Sun's out now in North Kildare and feeling pleasantly warm. Off to the sun lounger now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cloudy and occasionally drizzling in cork city. Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Fast Twitch

acequion wrote: »
    Not me. I never wear a tshirt before June.:pac:

I'm a t shirt in January person. Early 40s agewise, never felt the cold even though i'd be of athletic body build, with no extra flesh to keep me insulated:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I'm a t shirt in January person. Early 40s agewise, never felt the cold even though i'd be of athletic body build, with no extra flesh to keep me insulated:)

Same here. I was in shorts in February despite the southerly wind being gusty at times.

At last the sun is breaking through the clouds... alleluia!

West Mayo

I was in a T-shirt last week of February with the very warm conditions for the time of year, then winter clothes all the way to Easter and back in a t-shirt for about 3 days and then winter clothes all the way to final week of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

dark & dismal with drizzle here in east clare

i thought today was suppose to be nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Carol25

Started out quite promising in Galway, however mist and drizzle arrived and has since set up camp.

a few bits of sun earlier but mostly a cloudy day.

22c in Arklow
    But I'm in beautiful glendalough today
    Very warm and sunny

https://twitter.com/Arklowweather/status/1156591588262514688?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 16,098 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mortelaro wrote: »
    22c in Arklow
    But I'm in beautiful glendalough today
    Very warm and sunny

https://twitter.com/Arklowweather/status/1156591588262514688?s=19

That water must be icy cold . Brrr

iamwhoiam wrote: »

It actually isnt believe it or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭pad199207

iamwhoiam wrote: »

That lake does be beautiful to swim in.
    During the heatwave of 2013 it was lukewarm

• Registered Users Posts: 16,098 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

pad199207 wrote: »
    That lake does be beautiful to swim in.
    During the heatwave of 2013 it was lukewarm

That’s interesting it always looks cold !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Some breaks in the cloud and feeling pleasantly warm in Letterkenny, big improvement on the rest of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭acequion

Turned out to be a nice day here in Tralee. What a difference a bit of sunshine makes.:) And that sunshine will heat the house so heating won't be needed.

• Advertisement

It's mostly cloudy now, and a coolish 19.7C.

Advertisement