Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Carol25 wrote: »
    A bit more cloud inland towards the mountains but broken and high cloud so very pleasant overall.

Thanks for sharing the pics Carol, reminds me of a similar stunning few days I once had in Connemara/Aran Islands a few years ago! Tis a beautiful country when the sun comes out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Summer 2014 felt way better for sunshine than this summer to be honest. June for starters was far superior that year compared to 2019.

I wasnt comparing it to this Summer, I was only saying that todays sat image with the thin clear coastal strip was a near daily occurance back in Summer 2014. The whole country would start nearly every morning clear but by noon the vast majority of the country would cloud/thick haze over except for a 10-20 mile wide coastal strip

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Carol25 wrote: »
    Beautiful day in Connemara. Completely clear if you head towards the south facing coast, around Roundstone, beaches are busy.

Brings back memories of my time in Connemara...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Dull and grey in Letterkenny all day after some brief sunshine this morning, also had around half an hour of sun yesterday evening at least, and a few minutes some time last week if I'm not mistaken..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Turned out to be a lovely bright day in Castlebar with plenty of sunshine and blue skies, it is still 20.8C outside but it such a shame that we have only had a handful of days like this in the last 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

It actually turned out really nice today in Tralee from about 3pm. Temp of around 22C I would say as it got quite sunny. Overcast again now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,006 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Beautiful with us all day up in North Donegal.

There were a few threatening clouds earlier in the day, but they passed without dropping anything.

Glorious evening now. Sun still shining.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

After all the negativity I have posted today, it has been a good day with lots of hazy sunshine in Dublin.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Beautiful with us all day up in North Donegal.

There were a few threatening clouds earlier in the day, but they passed without dropping anything.

Glorious evening now. Sun still shining.

Where about are you? Not even a hint of sun in Letterkenny all evening

Where about are you? Not even a hint of sun in Letterkenny all evening

Inishowen. Cracking day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

super day today, tomorrow looks good too..

...but the weekend looks sh!te :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

NIMAN wrote: »
    Inishowen. Cracking day!

Ah coastal
    Same science as Bray and Arklow 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

klaaaz wrote: »
    Too much cloud again when high pressure is here :( 23C temp inland North Dublin, lack of wind helps it make feel comfy.

There was near zero cloud cover today in North Dublin :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Ah coastal
    Same science as Bray and Arklow ��

Same phenomenon with Tralee, which is in a valley, and the Dingle Peninsula.Sun is very often blazing away in the latter while the former is shrouded in mist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Turned out to be a smashing day in West cork! Brightened into a pure blue sky from 12pm onwards and was warm! Sat outside all day. Heard it brightened up in the city around 1:30/2 aswell. Weather says back to the cloud tomorrow though.

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Ah coastal
    Same science as Bray and Arklow ��

Shows up clearly on this map on met.ie, the immediate west coast is far sunnier than further inland. Also confirms that north Inishowen is considerably sunnier than Letterkenny!

sun01.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

With the way June started out you would be thinking that we are in for one of the worse but in actual fact has turned out to be an OK summer although still some way off more recent years of 2018 and 2013, it ain’t over yet though.

Beautiful bright cloudless morning, probably the nicest morning we've had all summer

Already very sunny this morning in North Inishowen.

Let's hope that's the way it stays for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Today will be a belter, make the most of it folks...as the weekend looks dodgy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Beautiful out .... if only we could of kept today for Sunday/Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Utterly delicious, delightful, delectable out there, out here,..

Sweet sun and a fresh warm breeze to take the sting out..

My flowers re shining and the bees are deafening ...

Haymaking in earnest.. on one side the old way where the machines cannot access, scythe and folk, and on the other the contractors in the bigger roadside meadows.. in full dry sun.. planning to gather some knitting and bask out there..

Epitome of summer...live for the day
    west mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

fryup wrote: »
    Today will be a belter, make the most of it folks...as the weekend looks dodgy

The East and SE looks like missing any rain.... hopefully.
    People half listening to forecasts and saying to me that the weekend will be a washout,the only real mention of rain is for the West.

From blue skies to overcast in about 5 minutes in portmarnock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

An absolutely stunning day in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Stunning day on the beach in Wexford yesterday.
    Great morning so far now in Meath.
    Heading West for the weekend where the weather is to breakdown tho? Boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Another lovely sunny day in Castlebar, just shy of 24C currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Glorious day with a clear blue sky. It's already 22.4C in my Glasnevin back garden.

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »
    From blue skies to overcast in about 5 minutes in portmarnock

And about five minutes after that back to blue skies :)

Absolutely roasted out of it working from home in my back garden

Advertisement