Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro14 final thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Here, that was class, they controlled that game against a very dangerous team, thats the culmination of years of work, they should celebrate this season, one of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Akrasia wrote: »
    You're still wearing those game of thrones goggles where the world has no joy anymore. This was a briliant match in slippery conditions.

I support leinster and that game was not brilliant , average at best , expecting more for a final at Celtic park - think professional rugby really needs a look at itself , crowds worldwide are voting with ther feet - hopefully the WC raises the standard, and not so predictable , defensive driven / possession rugby with little room for guile of old.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Think our backrow was fantastic. Really dominated Glasgow's. Conan and VdF are right in contention for the 7 and 8 jerseys for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

thebaz wrote: »
    I support leinster and that game was not brilliant , average at best , expecting more for a final at Celtic park - think professional rugby really needs a look at itself , crowds worldwide are voting with ther feet - hopefully the WC raises the standard, and not so predictable , defensive driven / possession rugby with little room for guile of old.

It was pissing rain. Same as Bilbao last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

crowds worldwide are voting with ther feet

Indeed

https://twitter.com/PRO14Official/status/1132365471804739586?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I support leinster and that game was not brilliant.

It was absolutely pissing rain too don’t forget.

It is not about the level of the achievement alone, given the squad transition and the emotional challenge(and against a rising team) facing the group and how they came through it by sticking to their rigorous collective social contract, I think is a big deal and offers hope for continued success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I would honestly question what game some of you people were watching.

Some people will find the miserable, nasty, bitter angle in anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Clegg wrote: »
    Think our backrow was fantastic. Really dominated Glasgow's. Conan and VdF are right in contention for the 7 and 8 jerseys for Ireland.

If your picking on form, Ruddock is knocking on the door

• Administrators Posts: 53,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I would honestly question what game some of you people were watching.

Some people will find the miserable, nasty, bitter angle in anything.

Nasty? Bitter?

Will you get a grip of yourself? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,238 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

That last 15 minutes is one of the best closers to a game I've ever seen....

Played the conditions, the opposition and the ref perfectly... Even if warriors scored a try

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    If your picking on form, Ruddock is knocking on the door

Consistently overlooked for Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Thought Van Der Flier had a poorish game, we've seen that plenty of times before. Adrenaline gets you through the first game back.

sydthebeat wrote: »

Played the conditions, the opposition and the ref perfectly... Even if warriors scored a try

Kearney got a yellow card, could have been a red.

Was never a red card. Hogg landed on his arm/back.

awec wrote: »
    Was never a red card. Hogg landed on his arm/back.

Was close though, Kearney didn't know where he was going to land. Very silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Nasty? Bitter?

Will you get a grip of yourself? :confused:

nasty and bitter cause its not deemed as a classic - it was hardly edge of the seat stuff , maybe live it was

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

But it still wasn't in any way a red. Which is what you initially said it could be.

Thought Van Der Flier had a poorish game, we've seen that plenty of times before. Adrenaline gets you through the first game back.

He did a lot of work in fairness. He leads defensively as good as anyone I've ever seen. Not all contributions are measured equally. An extra .5 seconds off the line or 2-3 extra wrestles for possession can affect the other 13 players in the defensive line or force an attacker to check their run ever so slightly. He certainly does everything in his power to shift the momentum of a game. He is fairly effective

• Registered Users Posts: 21,617 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Consistently overlooked for Ireland.

Consistently injured unfortunately. He's always managed to be either coming off the back of an injury or injured around the international periods.

• Advertisement

As I’ve already said it, it doesn’t and didn’t meet the criteria to be a red. Yellow was sufficient and you could make a good case for it not even to being a yellow, but that would be stretching it.

But it still wasn't in any way a red. Which is what you initially said it could be.

Looked like he landed on his neck. Of course, Kearney didn't know where he landed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

It's been a cracking game so far. Think we're playing well, just a bit loose.

Conan is having a stormer.
    Just on this, Conan’s clearly the best 8 in the country at the moment. Don’t think that’s blue tinted haze either. He has improved on nearly every aspect of his game in the last 18 months. Even a lineout steal today as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

https://twitter.com/eirSport/status/1132374835663900672

Nice touch. Congrats Leinster.

The camera panning out to show what looks like a mostly empty stadium ruins it

As I’ve already said it, it doesn’t and didn’t meet the criteria to be a red. Yellow was sufficient and you could make a good case for it not even to being a yellow, but that would be stretching it.

Again, Kearney didn't know where he was going to land. Very silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭kuang1

stephen_n wrote: »
    Just on this, Conan’s clearly the best 8 in the country at the moment. Don’t think that’s blue tinted haze either. He has improved on nearly every aspect of his game in the last 18 months. Even a lineout steal today as well.

Yup. I agree.
    He should start in Japan imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

stephen_n wrote: »

Yeah absolutely. I thought Conan had hit his ceiling but he's ramped it up big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭OldRio

Again, Kearney didn't know where he was going to land. Very silly.

I take it you don't understand the laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Listening to some of the analysis on the overall state of the Pro14. I wonder how many people in South Africa were watching it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

sydthebeat wrote: »

It was never a red, nor was it silly. It was an accident caused by difficulty in the chase due to Glasgow players looking to block the run. I dont know if that's an area that needs to be looked at again because with guys blocking chasing lines it can be very difficult to see when the opposition player getting is getting into the air and be able to compete properly as a result. Not sure if theres anything that can be done though really.

The first half today was excellent. The weather ruined the spectacle of the second half but we dominated it and showed why we deserve to win the trophy. Glasgow were very good, better than I expected tbh. And we were a but profligate at times. The attendance was superb, it's just a shame they wouldn't stay for the trophy presentation.

Advertisement