Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro14 final thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Idiots booing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Fantastic. Delighted. Not a vintage Leinster performance, but a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Yes.....Brilliant win for Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭A-Train

Get in! Great match. Great league and deserved winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

That'll do, pig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The booing at the final whistle is like music now.
    A positive end to mixed bag of a season for Irish rugby as a whole. Congrats Leinster.

mystic86 wrote: »
    Thought Leinster were fortunate enough, Glasgow were the better team. Some of that Leinster play was far from the stuff we had come to expect from them.

Must be watching a different game to me. Both teams weren’t what we’ve come to expect of them recently. Leinster were the better team.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Well done to Leinster. It was a cracking game. Leinster did a better job than Munster would have done. A deserved win and a statement to the Scottish before the world cup in Autumn

Leinster finish it the Munster way.

Better team won, Glasgow did enough to steal it so credit to them.

Leinster just not as clinical and ruthless as last season. Isa and Leavy the difference between this years team and last in many ways.

Good finish to the season all the same, Marcus Horan will be the most disappointed person in the stadium not getting to ask Sexton if they left anything in the dressing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Great job.

Leinster were like Ulster's older brother today....You may have beaten our kids last week but that's as far as you go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Great win. Clear we need to make improvements for next year to take on Saracens. Sexton is really struggling to get up from tackles.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Thought both sides defended superbly. Leinster's defence in the first half won them the game. Glasgow were playing at an incredible pace and running from good angles. Our midfield was incredible at shutting down their decoys and sweep behind plays.

• Administrators Posts: 53,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Thought it was fairly meh as a spectacle myself. Think the better team won in the end, Glasgow just made too many errors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Great game and better team won. Not perfect but winning in front of such a huge partisan crowd was massive.

Awesome end to this season between this week and last.

awec wrote: »
    Thought it was fairly meh as a spectacle myself. Think the better team won in the end, Glasgow just made too many errors.

It was an average enough game. No one was on top of their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Thought it was fairly meh as a spectacle myself.

You're still wearing those game of thrones goggles where the world has no joy anymore. This was a briliant match in slippery conditions. Hate to say it but leinster deserved to win the pro14 this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Man, that was a blueprint for dominance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Well done Leinster. Glasgow looked a spent force for far too much of the second half. Kearney shaking Hogg's hand was classy.

Sounds like Rob wants to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

SOB to collect trophy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

SoB and Sexton to lift the trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Well done Leinster.

That was brilliant. Great to watch.

Any of Cian Healy, Ringrose, Fardy, Conan could have been motm for me.

But I thought Henshaw was fukkkking outstanding. And that he deserved motm.

Hard fought victory and ye knew it.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭tanko

Considering Leinster reached the Heineken cup final that was a damn good performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Legalfarmer89

Leinster did enough. The Kearney card let Glasgow back into it but they did lose the Hogg as a result.

Feel like the more exciting team lost..... Leinster more functional than thrilling.

I dont think the pick and go towards the end endeared them to the Glaswegians.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Class behaviour from Sexton...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Touch of class letting O’Brien lift it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭A-Train

Very classy by Johnny making SOB lift the trophy!

Thanks for the memories Seany.

:D Lock up your women Glasgow!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,193 ✭✭✭✭Buer

mystic86 wrote:
    Thought Leinster were fortunate enough, Glasgow were the better team. Some of that Leinster play was far from the stuff we had come to expect from them.

Leinster pack utterly dominated the second half. Bizarre to say Glasgow were better. Based on possession in opposition 22, Leinster should have put 30 on the board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭OldRio

I watched the Pro14 final. It was a great game. Not sure what you were watching.

Advertisement