Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Lads for those of you that are worried about the bloatware on the Mi9t...... Just flash the phone with the ROM from Xiaomi.eu (if you want to keep MIUI) or pixel experience (for completely stock android)

This will remove the bloat

I'm running pixel experience on my Mi 8 and there is 0 bloat on the phone

When I first got it, it had all the bloatware on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Lads for those of you that are worried about the bloatware on the Mi9t...... Just flash the phone with the ROM from Xiaomi.eu (if you want to keep MIUI) or pixel experience (for completely stock android)

This will remove the bloat

I'm running pixel experience on my Mi 8 and there is 0 bloat on the phone

When I first got it, it had all the bloatware on it

is it much? as in im thinking back to Samsung and all the apps the load up on it

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

BKWDR wrote: »
    is it much? as in im thinking back to Samsung and all the apps the load up on it

Is what much? Sorry your reply makes no sense to me

Is what much? Sorry your reply makes no sense to me

The Bloatware. Like is it much? Only i saw it mentioned above and anything else iv read about online doesnt mention it. But someone else mentioned that the user interface needs a bit of getting used to

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

The Bloatware. Like is it much? Only i saw it mentioned above and anything else iv read about online doesnt mention it. But someone else mentioned that the user interface needs a bit of getting used to

I have the mi9, stick nova launcher on it and that sorts the UI. There's a couple of preinstalled apps you can't get rid of unless you hook it up to a computer and use adb to remove them. I wasn't bothered to do that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭droidman123

CSSE09 wrote: »
    I have the mi9, stick nova launcher on it and that sorts the UI. There's a couple of preinstalled apps you can't get rid of unless you hook it up to a computer and use adb to remove them. I wasn't bothered to do that though.

Is there much pop up ads,also does the bloatware have much of a drain on the battery? I have never had a xiaomi so i,m not sure if the pop up ads are done away with

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Is there much pop up ads,also does the bloatware have much of a drain on the battery? I have never had a xiaomi so i,m not sure if the pop up ads are done away with

No ads, no battery drain that I can see either. Very impressed with the battery in the mi 9 and the 9t is even bigger.

Actually only 288 on eglobal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Am i missing something here? €299 for the 128 gb,supports band 20,ships from holland

Loads of negative reviews and seems to ship also from Asia while stating otherwise.

Edit: Also the issue if something goes wrong and you need support in warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I've ordered the 64GB model from HonourBuy. Came to €320 (including a flip leather case).

EDIT: Just got a text from DHL to say it will be delivered by close of play tomorrow.

Harika wrote: »
    Loads of negative reviews and seems to ship also from Asia while stating otherwise.

Pity about that,unreal price for the 128gb.its crazy the way they can get away with saying it ships from the netherlands

I've ordered the 64GB model from HonourBuy. Came to €320 (including a flip leather case).

EDIT: Just got a text from DHL to say it will be delivered by close of play tomorrow.

How did you get the flipcase? Does it just automatically ship with the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Add it to the cart, same as other sites.

No, it's extra. The phone comes with a soft plastic case though.

No, it's extra. The phone comes with a soft plastic case though.

Thanks,i wasnt sure if it came free with a code or something

That's quick and i think the way i will go so.

The DHL didnt mention any potential liable for customs?

That's quick and i think the way i will go so.

The DHL didnt mention any potential liable for customs?

I got a phone from them last month for my father and it was delivered in less than 48 hours.
    No customs as I chose a phone from an EU warehouse.

I ordered the 64gb,works out about €320,same as heebusjebus,got a quote for € 171 for my oneplus 5 in cex.hopefully i will have my mi 9t by friday

• Advertisement

Pity about that,unreal price for the 128gb.its crazy the way they can get away with saying it ships from the netherlands

eglobal has the 128gb for 292.

no customs but wait 10 to 12 days usually

definitely not as good as amazon on returns but with modern QC stds very unlikely to have an issue.

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-mi-9t-6gb-128gb-dual-sim-redmi-k20-with-tempered-glass-screen-protector-carbon-black-1.html

Just setting up my 9T now. Took less than 24 hours to be delivered from HonourBuy. That's ridiculously fast!
    Initial thoughts as the phone is still being setup;
    It's nice and fast.
    Feels great in the hand. Heavier than my "old" Nokia 7 Plus.
    The full screen looks amazing. I've enabled gestures so the apps are completely full screen.

I'm going to try Miui for now but I plan to use Nova launcher to get the stock feel.
    In time I'll unlock the bootloader and try some ROMS assuming I can still use NFC.

Just setting up my 9T now. Took less than 24 hours to be delivered from HonourBuy. That's ridiculously fast!
    Initial thoughts as the phone is still being setup;
    It's nice and fast.
    Feels great in the hand. Heavier than my "old" Nokia 7 Plus.
    The full screen looks amazing. I've enabled gestures so the apps are completely full screen.

I'm going to try Miui for now but I plan to use Nova launcher to get the stock feel.
    In time I'll unlock the bootloader and try some ROMS assuming I can still use NFC.

That's great that you got it so quick , will defo go wiht honorbuy when i pull the trigger

That's great that you got it so quick , will defo go wiht honorbuy when i pull the trigger

I ordered yesterday afternoon and got a message from dhl today that it would be delivered tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Just be aware that this delivery will likely cost about 30 quid.
    It is insanely fast though.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Just be aware that this delivery will likely cost about 30 quid.
    It is insanely fast though.

Total products: €318.49
    Total shipping: €23.00

Total: €341.49

Thats what its giving me for the 128GB in Black

Just ordered this minute so will keep ye posted on delivery! Thanks for all the info lads n lassies

Never realised this when I bought it but it has dual sims!

I use google keep all the time,but on the mi 9t i get the notifications on the top of the screen for reminders as per usual,but i cant for the life of me get the notification sound,i have tried everything settings.any have any suggestions?

• Advertisement

Just ordered this minute so will keep ye posted on delivery! Thanks for all the info lads n lassies

2019-08-15 04:38:18 Preparation in EU Warehouse

Nothing updated on my order since above.
    I ordered the 128Gb and a screen protector

Advertisement