Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

mikeymouse wrote: »
    degree in tourism and travel,
    Worked for aer lingus-cabin crew?

Think she was ground staff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Think she was ground staff
    Ah ,ok,
    she could always fall back on that .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Yurt! wrote: »
    EDIT: His unwillingness to put a metaphorical bullet in Bailey also shows a lack of steel. Both consumers and the small-business sector have had a gutful of the insurance nonsense in this country, and this has brought it to a head. He's unwilling to tackle the legal industry, the insurance industry profiteering, and the blackguards putting in frivolous claims.

What about due process & the impending FG investigation?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

mikeymouse wrote: »
    Ah ,ok,
    she could always fall back on that .

She'd probably stick her head in a jet-engine and try to sue Boeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

According to the comments in this article, the Aer Lingus court case was removed from the court website 2 days ago..

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2019/05/28/cant-hold-on-much-longer/

“Expired Session
    The web session has eNote: Details last updated at close of business on 27/05/2019"

The wagons are being circled.

• Advertisement

What about due process & the impending FG investigation?

Leo could dropkick her out of FG for bringing the party into disrepute. Internal FG matter - he's empowered to do it. Her job is TD, not being in FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

UsBus wrote: »
    Narrative on Newstalk this morning was that MB has had a tough week and this is verging on bullying. Typical rubbish from Shane Coleman. The level of discussion and focus on this case is related to the extreme anger people feel about the insurance they are being forced to pay. This is as a direct result of people like MB putting in false claims such as this.
    Let there be no ambiguity here. She fell as a result of her own carelessness and decided to sue the hotel. FG are going to get trounced if they don't turf her out. Madigan does not look good here at all either. Leo is not a leader, proved it countless times

Absolutely sickening listening to Shane Coleman.......he's still at it.....'the vilification and bullying of Maria Bailey'. :mad:

Can someone explain terms of reference to me?I’ve heard that phrase mentioned on RTÉ news now at the moment.

Can someone explain terms of reference to me?I’ve heard that phrase mentioned on RTÉ news now at the moment.

The terms of reference are: "We'll meet in the upstairs function room of a pub on Baggot Street over a few pints and figure out how to make this go away without dropping a seat in Dun Laoghaire."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,924 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

UsBus wrote: »
    Narrative on Newstalk this morning was that MB has had a tough week and this is verging on bullying. Typical rubbish from Shane Coleman. The level of discussion and focus on this case is related to the extreme anger people feel about the insurance they are being forced to pay. This is as a direct result of people like MB putting in false claims such as this.
    Let there be no ambiguity here. She fell as a result of her own carelessness and decided to sue the hotel. FG are going to get trounced if they don't turf her out. Madigan does not look good here at all either. Leo is not a leader, proved it countless times

It's as plain and as simple as that.

Mind you after the radio interview Leo would nearly want to publicly bitch slap her as well to recover any ground.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Coleman will be on in a few weeks giving out rafts about insurance claims.

She deserves to have the absolute piss ripped out of her after the stunt she's pulled.

Heard Daniel McConnell last night on VM1 with Ivan and Matt say that the ordinary TDs are wondering what MB did that was so wrong! :mad: What hope is there for any progress being made re scandalous insurance premiums with people like that representing us!!

17larsson wrote: »
    Bull****. Typical of Coleman and why I can't listen to that morning show, it is so bad.
    There are businesses closing all over the country because of insurance hikes and we're supposed to feel sorry for this woman because she can't go on her social media anymore?
    Welcome to politics. If you mess up you're out. She's a career politician and the reason she is getting defensive and not owning up to this and resigning is because she cares more about her nice public job than she does about the country or her party

His sidekick Angela ? Is just as bad. :mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

Some of the Fine Gael candidates in my area are very capable people and I'd have no problem giving them a vote, but if the party leadership don't address this issue then they won't be getting any preference next time around.

I feel genuinely sorry for the managers and owners of the hotel for having to go through this ordeal when I'm sure they have far better things to be focusing their time and attention on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭This is it

It's as plain and as simple as that.

Mind you after the radio interview Leo would nearly want to publicly bitch slap her as well to recover any ground.

I genuinely wish it were the case, if no action is taken, but I can't see it happening. We let public representatives get away with a lot of shît with little to no repercussions.

On another note, I've no issue with the commission of a report. While the evidence already is fairly damning, I still feel due process is deserved if for nothing other than all the facts of the case, and who was involved, should be publicly known.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭This is it

Balanadan wrote: »
    Some of the Fine Gael candidates in my area are very capable people and I'd have no problem giving them a vote, but if the party leadership don't address this issue then they won't be getting any preference next time around.

I feel genuinely sorry for the managers and owners of the hotel for having to go through this ordeal when I'm sure they have far better things to be focusing their time and attention on.

Exactly my feelings on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I want to know was Josepha Madigan involved. Has she denied any involvement to date?

Who would date that woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Absolutely sickening listening to Shane Coleman.......he's still at it.....'the vilification and bullying of Maria Bailey'. :mad:

He is a proper "right on" idiot. Taking charity a bit too far.

Aw diddums. Stand for public office and get caught out on an issue that makes peoples' piss boil, you'd better prepare for a public dressing down.

The wagons are being circled.

It was very noticeable that there was not a mention of MB on the front page of any of the Irish papers last Monday....the Daily Mail, on the other hand, had a large splash about her.....Guess they didn't get the memo! ;)
    Then, she comes on to SOR with that car crash interview, ensuring that she has not been off the front pages since. The FG spin doctors must be fit to throttle her!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Heard that FG have instructed RTÉ to take the SOR interview with Bailey down off their player?
    Can anyone confirm?

Make copies asap

He is a proper "right on" idiot. Taking charity a bit too far.

Aw diddums. Stand for public office and get caught out on an issue that makes peoples' piss boil, you'd better prepare for a public dressing down.

According to Coleman, Bailey is the 'fall guy' :D for people's anger at the insurance industry. Poor vilified, bullied Maria.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I want to know was Josepha Madigan involved. Has she denied any involvement to date?

Why? Why would you want to know this? Is it really pertinent to Ms Bailey's situation? Or have you another agenda. I think you should come clean - is Josepha Madigan just part two of an orchestrated FG hatchet job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

She may have inadvertently done some good.
    Insurance companies were always fair game for a bit of fiddling .
    They in turn can't lose money , as all they do is up the premium.
    Most people, myself included, if they knew someone who made an insurance claim
    would probably say 'fair play' without questioning it.
    You can't get a mortgage without insurance on your property,
    you can't legally drive without insurance ,in short, they have you by the short and curlys
    and the attitude towards insurance companies is -leeches.
    After this, law abiding premium payers may well look on insurance claims in a different light,
    and people might think twice before putting in a claim,
    afraid of being seen as a "shwinger" (a new word for a scammer?)
    Wishful thinking ,I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

brooke 2 wrote: »
    According to Coleman, Bailey is the 'fall guy' :D for people's anger at the insurance industry. Poor vilified, bullied Maria.

This is not without truth. The fact is that tens of thousands of Irish people take personal injury claims every year (yes, they all claim they are only fair, recovering costs, what is due, fully entitled to, etc, etc, etc), yet as a nation, hypocritical complain about the practice, despite being fully part of that landscape themselves.
    And Maria Bailey has the misfortune to have become a lighting rod for that hypocrisy as well as a pawn in political machinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

This is great.

Have to say the gear change in the indos coverage has been really abrupt since DOBs departure. Really noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Why? Why would you want to know this? Is it really pertinent to Ms Bailey's situation? Or have you another agenda. I think you should come clean - is Josepha Madigan just part two of an orchestrated FG hatchet job?

You're doing a ****e job at logical reasoning.

Bailey claims to have acted out of legal advice amd implicated Madigan in providing that advice. If that legal advice originated from another FG member then LV has 2 problems on his hands.

Many solicitors would not have taken this case based on the facts we know so why did Madigan? It could be an easy explanation, perhaps Bailey exaggerated the story to Madigan and hence the affidavit. Full disclosure needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,820 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

jon1981 wrote: »
    Many solicitors would not have taken this case based on the facts we know so why did Madigan?

That's incorrect, most solicitors would absolutely have taken the case, in fact there was a radio show or podcast earlier in the week which had a few solicitors on confirming this, cant remember which one exactly now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

VinLieger wrote: »
    That's incorrect, most solicitors would absolutely have taken the case, in fact there was a radio show or podcast earlier in the week which had a few solicitors on confirming this, cant remember which one exactly now

Depends on who you talk to but there were many conversations on talk shows with solicitors and quite a lot would not. All that said, neither considered their party position before taking the case, that is the unique factor in this case, they are not ordinary joe soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

If people would stop quoting the TROL, that would be just great.

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »

well does that not show you how bad things are? you admit we have a bunch of ambulance chasers in town and you confirm it to make a point.
    It's a very questionable case at best, and lads are lining up on a podcast to
    say they'd take it?? FFS, what's the country coming to...:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement