Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Allinall

NIMAN wrote: »
    Well she more or less said things were wrong in her submissions in the SOR interview.

You believe what she said?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭golfball37

SF in an attempt to regain relevance will no doubt be all over the Bailey story from now and will lead the charge demanding answers. It could put FF in a difficult spot. On this issue I don’t believe the public will accept the stock responses of Jean mcconville etc that will inevitably follow. It’s too serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

I have the feeling that if the Greens go into any coalition as a junior partner, they will get the blame for any tax hikes that are related to the environment, and they might suffer cos people care more about being taxed more than the environment.

Surely once they achieve their aims its worth it??

Nothing worse than career politians who achieve fcuk all in decades in the dail

• Registered Users Posts: 33,218 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

_blaaz wrote: »
    Surely once they achieve their aims its worth it??

Nothing worse than career politians who achieve fcuk all in decades in the dail

Well the Greens the last time achieved their aim, to get nearly every new car in Ireland to be a diesel.

That was a success.

Wait til the folk buying heating oil or coal are told the carbon tax is going to double. See what they thing of the Greens after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,377 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Well the Dún Laoghaire voter seem to be a very specific group of idiots.....constantly voting in her dodgy father and then voting her in as well....really someone should just take the votes off them and give them to someone with a bit of brain power

It seems like a different world alright
    Not to mention that 'Shane Peter Nathaniel Ross' who is near enough to the same area.
    Would he get elected anywhere else?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Allinall wrote: »
    How do you know what actually happened?

Because Maria told us on the radio, and it's not what she put in her affidavit. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It seems like a different world alright
    Not to mention that 'Shane Peter Nathaniel Ross' who is near enough to the same area.
    Would he get elected anywhere else?

Ah people country wide are the same, TDs are elected on local issues to run the country. We are then surprised when they aren’t capable. Ross got elected last time on back of the stepaside garda station. If a politician did his job well at government level and did nothing specific for his constituents he’d not get back in. We talk about the big stuff but really we care about the Garda station and the new by-pass. It’s shameful really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I'll presume this David Kennedy SC guy doing the internal review has gotten plenty of high paying work from the Govt in the past and as he would probably like more of that work in the future, he will be very, very thorough and leave no stone unturned.

Well the Greens the last time achieved their aim, to get nearly every new car in Ireland to be a diesel.

That was a success.

Wait til the folk buying heating oil or coal are told the carbon tax is going to double. See what they thing of the Greens after that.

I do hope they make polluter pay like....we're subsidising farmers (the boom in dairy has overwhelming caused our need to pay carbon tax) because of the main stream parties too close relationship to.farmers

Meh there should be a push to subsidise double glazing and insulation aswel to aid heating bills

Im guessing they will push to expand the national electric car fleet??

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

golfball37 wrote: »
    SF in an attempt to regain relevance will no doubt be all over the Bailey story from now and will lead the charge demanding answers. It could put FF in a difficult spot. On this issue I don’t believe the public will accept the stock responses of Jean mcconville etc that will inevitably follow. It’s too serious

I don't think so. They've actually been quiet enough on it so far.

• Advertisement

Because Maria told us on the radio, and it's not what she put in her affidavit. :confused:

Same question. Do you believe her?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

That was a success.

I do hope they make polluter pay like....we're subsidising farmers (the boom in dairy has overwhelming caused our need to pay carbon tax) because of the main stream parties too close relationship to.farmers

Meh there should be a push to subsidise double glazing and insulation aswel to aid heating bills

What parties are close to farmers. I think farmers are as badly screwed as anyone if not worse

Bullocks wrote: »
    What parties are close to farmers. I think farmers are as badly screwed as anyone if not worse

Fg in particular would be regarded as big farmers party....while FF have a huuugge tradional rural voter base

It's not a case of believing her, it's a simple case of understanding that both versions can't be true.

She's a liar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Fg in particular would be regarded as big farmers party....while FF have a huuugge tradional rural voter base

FF are the small farmers party alright. There are less small farmers around these days (compared to 60s/70s/80s) but they still have the small farmer vote.

I am not sure large farmers and dairy farmers would have as much love for the modern Fine Gael either.

What do you believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

That's just mindless garbage. He is a very capable guy. As good as Ireland (/India) can muster.

I don't know how Leo can get around at all with you kneeling in front of him the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Fotish

Its laughable but a FF/Green coalition could be the most likely government after the next election. How things have come full circle.

They were wiped out the last time they went into government, same thing will happen again.

Does anybody who voted for them know what their policies are ? I doubt it.

One thing you can be sure of, any policy they implement will hit everyone in the pocket .

It's not a case of believing her, it's a simple case of understanding that both versions can't be true.

She's a liar.

So which version do you believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Fotish wrote: »
    They were wiped out the last time they went into government, same thing will happen again.
    Well the biggest recession in history might have had something to do with that...

• Advertisement

So which version do you believe?

I don't have to believe either version, but only a simpleton wouldnt realise that two conflicting versions of events by the same person about the same incident means both can't be true. (Unless of course you've the key to a parallel universe)

I repeat, she's a liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,089 ✭✭✭Be right back

I don't have to believe either version, but you don't need to be a simpleton would realise that two conflicting versions of events by the same person about the same incident means both can't be true. (Unless of course you've the key to a parallel universe)

I repeat, she's a liar.
    And it looks like she'll get away with it! I would love to see the CCTV footage!

What do you believe?

Don't expect an answer.

Don't expect an answer.

At least not until there's some official instructions from party HQ as to what version of events is the correct version of events.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

FF are the small farmers party alright. There are less small farmers around these days (compared to 60s/70s/80s) but they still have the small farmer vote.

I am not sure large farmers and dairy farmers would have as much love for the modern Fine Gael either.

I think it would be more accurate to say that both parties would have been the traditional home for these voting blocks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

I would love to see the CCTV footage!

You can bet there's very large political bidding war going on for that footage at the minute. Whether you ever it see it or not depends on that bidding war outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Ten Pin wrote: »
    FF & FG are both sides of a reversible jacket.

Exactly. And are a picture of the Irish voter. They are who Ireland wants to be governed by. 't has always been thus.
    Any flaws people see in FG and FF, are the same flaws that also exist in themselves. Until people mature and stop having their voting decisions influence by this type of sideshow, they will continue flipflopping, blaming parties or blindly supporting parties, or following a rainbow, at the end of which they think they will find a Messiah Taoiseach who will be the answer to all their problems. The naivety is astounding.

Nobelium wrote: »
    You can bet there's very large political bidding war going on for that footage at the minute. Whether you ever it see it or not depends on that bidding war outcome.

Or a leak on Twitter etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The same electric car fleet that 70% powered by burning cheap South American coal . Cop on .
    It’s the same “optics” Leo uses. Bullsh1t. How about doing the thing right ! How about the greens actually do more than propose more taxes and builds wind or solar power facilities. Oh that costs money. Same bullsh1t from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It will suit their buddies at the SIMI after all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement