Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

That’s fair. Good points.
    Boris has mentioned Leo several times.
    ‘Why isn’t he called Murphy like the rest of them?’

You might have missed that. A ****in ugly comment and an unnecessary one. It’s racism. But here we are.

I don’t believe Michael Martin or his deputy (who is??) would be anything like as capable or effective in this scenario. ThTs all I was saying.

And the Brits would take the election and change of power as a chance and a sign to go rampant with their nonsense to exploit it.
    ‘The Irish people ousted the FG government holding britain to ransom’ etc etc ad nauseum.

Now is not the time for an election. Sad as that is.

Brexit is more important by far than an internal Irish scandal.
    Especially such a petty but toxic one.

Ate you drunk ????.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

That’s fair. Good points.
    Boris has mentioned Leo several times.
    ‘Why isn’t he called Murphy like the rest of them?’

You might have missed that. A ****in ugly comment and an unnecessary one. It’s racism. But here we are.

I don’t believe Michael Martin or his deputy (who is??) would be anything like as capable or effective in this scenario. ThTs all I was saying.

And the Brits would take the election and change of power as a chance and a sign to go rampant with their nonsense to exploit it.
    ‘The Irish people ousted the FG government holding britain to ransom’ etc etc ad nauseum.

Now is not the time for an election. Sad as that is.

Brexit is more important by far than an internal Irish scandal.
    Especially such a petty but toxic one.

Shows how much respect Boris has for Varadkar.....

What exacty has Leo done since the start of Brexit? what has he negotiated?

Brexit is more important, hence why we shouldnt have a person representing us who can't even control his own party

Or worse still not realize that a project was so far off budget they dont know when it will stop.....more shocking was everyone in Ireland apart from him knew it was off budget....

How can anyone with that track record command any sort of respect? even his own party dont respect him anymore

Personally "I'd give the job to Giggsy!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Ate you drunk ????.

Helpful as always oddy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

JeffKenna wrote: »
    How have they played a blinder on brexit? By regurgitating the same line over and over again? A monkey could do that.

Fine Gael have achieved nothing as far as Brexit is concerned. Nobody has to be fair. It's out of their hands for the most part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Well that's just nonsense tbh.

• Advertisement

Well that's just nonsense tbh.

Do you have anything to demonstrate he’d be better suited and more capable than the current approach from us?
    Leo isn’t even a player here it’s Coveny doing all the heavy lifting.

But I’d love one example of any way at all Martin and his pals would be doing better. Just one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

They started planning the minute the referendum was announced by Cameron.
    Something ff would never have had the cop on to do.
    They were so advanced in planning the Eu had to ask them to pull it in and not make it bilateral. Make it an Eu as a whole solid front dealing with it.
    Ff would have rolled over before that had even happen
    Ps the Brits have had two PMs now both saying the same thing. And lying.
    Havin a concrete position and you complaining it’s repeating themselves shows you need to understand why they’re repeating over and over

If we get a trade deal and no hard border, then you can say FG have done a good job. Everything - the backstop, the EU negotiations are just a means to that end.
    Until then anything else is just nonsense, especially given the inept handling of everything else FG have touched there's absolutely zero grounds for giving them any kind of benefit of the doubt here.

As for FF not having the cop on to plan... You can write this guff but I don't know how you expect anyone to believe it, as if Fianna Fail didn't have anything to do with the GFA in the first place.

This is a topic for FG's cowardly inept handling of one of their TDs falling off a swing and trying to defraud tens of thousands of euros.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Do you have anything to demonstrate he’d be better suited and more capable than the current approach from us?
    Leo isn’t even a player here it’s Coveny doing all the heavy lifting.

But I’d love one example of any way at all Martin and his pals would be doing better. Just one.

You're the one making the ridiculous claims, then when you are challenged on them you provide zero to back it up but then attack the post questioning your ridiculous claims to provide their own evidence. Playbook 101 in obvious lame attempts at deflection from FG having mutilple frausters as TDs.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    If we get a trade deal and no hard border, then you can say FG have done a good job. Everything - the backstop, the EU negotiations are just a means to that end.
    Until then anything else is just nonsense, especially given the inept handling of everything else FG have touched there's absolutely zero grounds for giving them any kind of benefit of the doubt here.

As for FF not having the cop on to plan... You can write this guff but I don't know how you expect anyone to believe it, as if Fianna Fail didn't have anything to do with the GFA in the first place.

This is a topic for FG's cowardly inept handling of one of their TDs falling off a swing and trying to defraud tens of thousands of euros.

Be real. The FF that contributed to the GFA doesn’t contain a single sitting member of the current party. Today. Not one. Happy to be corrected but look back and that was Bertie almost alone in his never ending each for the spotlight and the cash pot for Ireland meaning cash for him down the line. A tree for every citizen of Ireland.

Goes on to be board member of our forestry and selling off carbon credits for cash.

Do you have anything to demonstrate he’d be better suited and more capable than the current approach from us? Leo isn’t even a player here it’s Coveny doing all the heavy lifting.

Neither Leo or Coveny can do anything other than deliver sound bites. The EU will throw us under the bus as soon as solidarity becomes inconvenient.

• Advertisement

Be real. The FF that contributed to the GFA doesn’t contain a single sitting member of the current party. Today. Not one. Happy to be corrected but look back and that was Bertie almost alone in his never ending each for the spotlight and the cash pot for Ireland meaning cash for him down the line. A tree for every citizen of Ireland.
    Goes on to be board member of our forestry and selling off carbon credits for cash.

You're now talking about trees?
    Did one of those trees make the swing Bailey fell from???

Brexit doesn't give FG a free pass to be fraudsters, or a free pass from providing competent administration, or we'll have no working country to come back to once Brexit is done an dusted.

I think I preferred the 'three amigos' at least they tried to stay on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    This is not pro FF or anything

Based on what would FF roll over? FF are the only ones who managed to get the Good Friday agreement and we didn't do too bad out of that did we?

Look at since FG came into power, every single deal they had to do we got completely screwed.....Hospital, internet, etc etc

FG only stance so far on Brexit is head to Europe and hope someone over their will tell the UK to f**k off. They have yet to have any meaningful part in the discussion.....if it was really FG involved in this the UK would have Brexit done and dusted long ago.....not for our goodness either

Couple of FG plonkers on tv the other morning trying to say the Taniste is on the phone everyday to the UK.....:P:P:P yeah right, he probably doesn't even have their number

If Leo was so critical when was the last time May met with him? has Boris even mentioned Leo since he took over?

Feb 25th was last time Varadkar met May.....

Didn’t the port tunnel and the luas come in late and over budget under FF?

I just googled it, the port tunnel was meant to cost 400 million but was 800 million in the end.

How do FF get away with this stuff?

Both parties are equally as useless at these things.

lola85 wrote: »
    Didn’t the port tunnel and the luas come in late and over budget under FF?

I just googled it, the port tunnel was meant to cost 400 million but was 800 million in the end.

Both parties are equally as useless at these things.

Small difference between 800 million and 3 billion +

lola85 wrote:
    Double so.
    lola85 wrote:
    You know the NBP was supposed to cost circa 500 million current projections are running to 3 billion, would you like to have a look at the overrun of the Children's hospital ?

Neither Leo or Coveny can do anything other than deliver sound bites. The EU will throw us under the bus as soon as solidarity becomes inconvenient.

Copy and paste that.

We’ve been hearing that for three years and it will never happen. But if you think it will I’m happy to repost it November first so we can all have a laugh.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    You're now talking about trees?
    Did one of those trees make the swing Bailey fell from???

Brexit doesn't give FG a free pass to be fraudsters, or a free pass from providing competent administration, or we'll have no working country to come back to once Brexit is done an dusted.

You don’t remember Bertie’s tree promise? Odd that. Every home in Ireland got that pamphlet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    SD lost my interest with the questionable candidate selection and subsequent implosion

Independents are one issue parochial candidates, or FF/FG cast offs for the most part. Plus they split the vote and you end up with characters like Lowry, Ross, Zappone, Jackie Healy-Rae holding too much sway.

As I said previously, the current system and population levels, coupled with the generally disinterested and apathetic attitude towards politics (until it personally affects them) of the electorate means that we simply don't have the ability to support multiple large parties.

It really comes down to FF or FG for most (SF are out because of legacy reasons, and current policies on things like immigration and the economy).
    FG's role is to act as a temporary alternative when FF lose the run of themselves, but then remind us all why no one votes for them except as a protest vote as they've done this time again.

That unfortunately leaves one option - FF

The only way we'll see real change is not to split the vote even further. It's to pick one or the other (whichever you feel aligns best with your views) and get actively involved with holding them to account and letting them know what you think of their performance.

It's just not good enough to vote on the day and then sit back until the next time out, but that's what happens, and then we wonder why nothing changes.
    This is a very good post but I'm willing at this stage to go for a protest vote and see in the next election a few months after they form a government and collapse into . I cant and will not vote fg or ff . This ****ing merry go round has to stop.
    Halve the number of tds, Scrap the Senad .
    A small country like this does not need that many with no real power picking up a hefty salary + expenses + "advisors".
    I know it was tried before to get rid of the Senate but it needs to be done. Failed td candidates on the gravy train is all they are and a irish version of the house of lords.
    My blood is boiling just typing this. Viva the revolution !!!

We’ve been hearing that for three years and it will never happen. But if you think it will I’m happy to repost it November first so we can all have a laugh.

Past experience, I remember the Mayo clown going to Europe and getting a siesmic change ( which turned out to be b*llix) after he got his hair ruffled
    Copy and paste that.
    Anyway any thoughts on the willingness of FG to have fraudsters serve in government?

Past experience, I remember the Mayo clown going to Europe and getting a siesmic change ( which turned out to be b*llix) after he got his hair ruffled

Anyway any thoughts on the willingness of FG to have fraudsters serve in government?

You probably missed my earlier post.
    I’m appalled by this utter ****show. I even mailed the silly prick. Who mails the fvckin Taoiseach!?
    It’s joe Duffy for boards!

They are undoubtedly screwing us and everything here in order to fuel their big money pals. But that said they are comporting themselves admirably in brexit.
    That’s all I said. And I stand by it

• Advertisement

They are undoubtedly screwing us and everything here in order to fuel their big money pals. But that said they are comporting themselves admirably in brexit. That’s all I said. And I stand by it

Really ,they are comporting themselves admirably in Brexit? Are they as competent as the Mayo clown who secured a siesmic shift?
    Anyway I'm sticking with the topic, I'll fight the urge to post about trees. ;-)

Really ,they are comporting themselves admirably in Brexit? Are they as competent as the Mayo clown who secured a siesmic shift?
    Anyway I'm sticking with the topic, I'll fight the urge to post about trees. ;-)

An understandable urge. Take the time to read up before you make a sap out if yourself with no idea about brexit. All will be well when You do.

An understandable urge. Take the time to read up before you make a sap out if yourself with no idea about brexit. All will be well when You do.

Thanks I know exactly what Brexit means particularly for the company I work for. Part of my role is to plan for it. Btw when you call someone a derogatory name the mask kind of slips.
    Tell Paddy, Johnny and Emmet I said hi.
    Poor Maria she's in bother when it's only the tea room staff defending her.

Thanks I know exactly what Brexit means particularly for the company I work for. Part of my role is to plan for it. Btw when you call someone a derogatory name the mask kind of slips.
    Tell Paddy, Johnny and Emmet I said hi.
    Poor Maria she's in bother when it's only the tea room staff defending her.

Did the swing hit her in the back of the head?
    Thats the real question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

cjmc wrote: »
    _Kaiser_ wrote: »
    SD lost my interest with the questionable candidate selection and subsequent implosion

Independents are one issue parochial candidates, or FF/FG cast offs for the most part. Plus they split the vote and you end up with characters like Lowry, Ross, Zappone, Jackie Healy-Rae holding too much sway.

As I said previously, the current system and population levels, coupled with the generally disinterested and apathetic attitude towards politics (until it personally affects them) of the electorate means that we simply don't have the ability to support multiple large parties.

It really comes down to FF or FG for most (SF are out because of legacy reasons, and current policies on things like immigration and the economy).
    FG's role is to act as a temporary alternative when FF lose the run of themselves, but then remind us all why no one votes for them except as a protest vote as they've done this time again.

That unfortunately leaves one option - FF

The only way we'll see real change is not to split the vote even further. It's to pick one or the other (whichever you feel aligns best with your views) and get actively involved with holding them to account and letting them know what you think of their performance.

It's just not good enough to vote on the day and then sit back until the next time out, but that's what happens, and then we wonder why nothing changes.
    This is a very good post but I'm willing at this stage to go for a protest vote and see in the next election a few months after they form a government and collapse into . I cant and will not vote fg or ff . This ****ing merry go round has to stop.
    Halve the number of tds, Scrap the Senad .
    A small country like this does not need that many with no real power picking up a hefty salary + expenses + "advisors".
    I know it was tried before to get rid of the Senate but it needs to be done. Failed td candidates on the gravy train is all they are and a irish version of the house of lords.
    My blood is boiling just typing this. Viva the revolution !!!

Have to agree. In my lifetime I want a government without any Civil War party involvement.

We need to mature as a country once and for all. Take things to the next level and reach our potential. A government that is proactive and not reactive. A very unhealthy level of apathy and attitudes mean damage is being done to the country each time either FG or FF is in power. They have been horrific.

Soc Dems disappointed me with their candidate selection re Ellie but it's a drop in the ocean in comparison to what the big parties have done in their lifetimes. I'll give them another chance.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Have to agree. In my lifetime I want a government without any Civil War party involvement.

We need to mature as a country once and for all. Take things to the next level and reach our potential. A government that is proactive and not reactive. A very unhealthy level of apathy and attitudes mean damage is being done to the country each time either FG or FF is in power. They have been horrific.

You will be waiting a while. The majority of the people that vote are older who still believe what goes on in the news.....

The young generation dontbother and then sit complaining on a forum when the result they wanted doesn't come in

Hence why FG got somewhere close to what they might call a win last time out....

You don’t remember Bertie’s tree promise? Odd that. Every home in Ireland got that pamphlet

Odder still to bring it up in a thread about FG fraudster Maria Bailey and the inept handling of same by FG Taoiseach Leo Varadkar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Soc Dems disappointed me with their candidate selection re Ellie but it's a drop in the ocean in comparison to what the big parties have done in their lifetimes. I'll give them another chance.
    There are no other parties big enough for what you want.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You will be waiting a while. The majority of the people that vote are older who still believe what goes on in the news.....

The young generation dontbother and then sit complaining on a forum when the result they wanted doesn't come in

Hence why FG got somewhere close to what they might call a win last time out....

Kind of agree but cant also.
    Look at the turnout for marriage equality alone.
    Youth vote and older vote was huge.

Put a socially progressive referendum in front of the Irish people and you’ll see a win.

We’re good at referenda and it’s brilliant that we get to even have a say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

lola85 wrote: »

There are no other parties big enough for what you want.

Not yet. Real change doesn't happen overnight. In this world of social media and rapid information sharing FG are making it happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement