Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

banie01 wrote: »
    I would hope for the sake of the hotel it hasn't.
    Unless it's been passed on to the Gardaí in conjunction with a criminal investigation.

If it's with fg also and is leaked the leak would have to be proven to have come from the hotel for them to suffer consequences. Very difficult thing to prove.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,141 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Unless it's been passed on to the Gardaí in conjunction with a criminal investigation.

Edit: And of course the hotel's legal team when their defence against the claim was being drafted.
    Their is no inkling as to whether it was passed to the litigant's legal team however.
    As such it would still very much be the Hotel's baby.

The file (including the tape) has been passed to Fine Gael's legal team.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/hotel-hands-over-file-on-maria-bailey-swing-case-to-fg-reviewer-1.3912832

• Registered Users Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭banie01

smurgen wrote: »
    If it's with fg also and is leaked the leak would have to be proven to have come from the hotel for them to suffer consequences. Very difficult thing to prove.

That's assuming the hotel passed the CCTV to FG as part of the barristers review.
    In the absence of a GDPR request from Ms Bailey or others in the footage, there is no obligation on the hotel to provide it to Barrister.

If it was provided and Ms Bailey agreed to its review as part of the FG investigation and then it subsequently leaked, then it would be very hard to lay blame on a source.

If the footage is as damning as many believe for Bailey and Madigan, it would be a politically expedient way of cutting their legs from under them too ;)
    FG may hope to install candidates in their place and depending on how a release is spun, it could be a grab for moral high ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thanks Francie, wasn't aware of that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

markodaly wrote: »
    And I pointed out your error. Take your liking like a man and stop moaning.

And I have educated you.

Moving on...

Wow.
    Nothing like the response I expected at all.

I’d say you’d be great craic at all the parties you are never invited to.
    Cos Yknow.

GDPR

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Wow. This means it is as we thought a much bigger deal than previously thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,141 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Wow. This means it is as we thought a much bigger deal than previously thought.

I would bet a good deal of money that we will see this tape one day. If I had a good deal of money! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I would bet a good deal of money that we will see this tape one day. If I had a good deal of money! :(

You should make a claim to get some.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Wow.
    Nothing like the response I expected at all.

I’d say you’d be great craic at all the parties you are never invited to.
    Cos Yknow.

GDPR

He prob sends jank and FA Hayek in his place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Correct which means we will see it some day. The timing could be vital for the value.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Correct which means we will see it some day. The timing could be vital for the value.

Now is the time while people are still fuming. No good releasing it when it's forgotten about. I don't think we'll see it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Such a difficult predicament. If she is expelled from fg , will she try sue them ? If she runs for re-election again and doesn’t get elected , will she try and sue the electorate?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Now is the time while people are still fuming. No good releasing it when it's forgotten about. I don't think we'll see it tbh

A gentle reminder closer to GE19 might work out better.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭md23040

Idbatterim wrote: »
    If she is expelled from fg , will she try sue them?

She could team up on a class action with that Wombat excuse of a politician, up there in Donegal, Frank Mc Brearty. He’s claiming Post Traumatic Disorder against Fine Gael at the moment.

Isn’t no wonder this country feels like a cesspool of despair when these people should have more ethics and lead by some sort of example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Does anyone know if she has been barred from the premises?

'Not tonight love. You sound like you're pissed.' :pac:

Edit: And of course the hotel's legal team when their defence against the claim was being drafted.
    Their is no inkling as to whether it was passed to the litigant's legal team however.
    As such it would still very much be the Hotel's baby.
    Fine Gael has it, or at least the investigator.

I'm not sure. It would be a very great risk to leak it, and for what material benefit? It could cost someone their career, for example if they ever wanted to be appointed to the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Probably more people inside FG with the knives out for her than outside at this stage.

Does this mean that FG can now manage the release? Give it to a friendly journo and try to put the best possible spin on it before it get out some other way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Am I right in saying that nothing has happened since?

I never vote on party lines but this is the once incident that will make me vote for anyone but FG. If they don't take action on this then they don't give a **** about any small business in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Probably more people inside FG with the knives out for her than outside at this stage.

Does this mean that FG can now manage the release? Give it to a friendly journo and try to put the best possible spin on it before it get out some other way?

I think the other people in it is their main concern. If it was just her, it may have already surfaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

So Maria Bailey FG TD was with her FG TD friend whose Brother In Law broke the story and a few weeks later the FG Minister for housing's Brother writes in the same paper that we should lay-off Maria Bailey?

Is everyone in positions of influence in FG Dublin area related? Are they like a kinda Mafia family?

I thought the story was broken in the Indo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

pablo128 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if she has been barred from the premises?
    'Not tonight love. You sound like you're pissed.' :pac:
    Imagine businesses started to turn her away for fear that she may sue and potentially force the business to close down, should she fall off the toilet due to the lack of instructions and supervision.
    Citing 'management have the right to refuse admission'.
    :eek::D
    Possibly not the enemy you would want on one hand, but potentially the best publicity your business could get, on the other.
    It would probably be better if a load of businesses decided to do it together..

They could include Farrell, and possibly a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

“Humanity has been crossed” will be on an episode of reelin in the years maybe 10 or 15 years in the future

Quote worthy material

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Suckit wrote: »
    Imagine businesses started to turn her away for fear that she may sue and potentially force the business to close down, should she fall off the toilet due to the lack of instructions and supervision.
    Possibly not the enemy you would want on one hand, but potentially the best publicity your business could get, on the other.

I tell you what. It might finally dawn on her the seriousness of spurious claims and the effect on local businesses, and the level of the public's disgust at her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

pablo128 wrote: »
    I tell you what. It might finally dawn on her the seriousness of spurious claims and the effect on local businesses, and the level of the public's disgust at her.

She would need some morals for that to be the case so its a no. The only thing she will be worried about is her seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

I think people are being deliberately stupid and ignorant to a point. But feel free to act in that manner.

National police forces are exempt from GDPR.

Again, please educate yourself on GDPR before making false claims.

The GDPR applies to police forces in relation to many processes including HR processing, general administration and general CCTV processing. The Law Enforcement Directive (LED) applies to processing when police are investigating or preventing criminal offences.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,018 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I don't give a fiddlers about GDPR, I just cant wait to see the video.

Sums up the mindset alright, sure laws are for other people right? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

What if someone had a recording of the original video on their phone, ( say, security from the Dean Hotel, an employee from the Indo or some other sources) and posted it on Web, would it be possible to track the phone it came from?

Suckit wrote: »

They would find a way of pursuing legal recourse for “discrimination” of some kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Sums up the mindset alright, sure laws are for other people right? :pac:
    What? Like the laws against dodgy claims are not for Fine Gealers, only the little people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Ask the 10,000+ homeless families due to repossession how positive this country is and how much this government is doing for them.

Homeless me bollix, all of them have families that made them "homeless", I have no sympathy for people that dont work looking for handouts or people that took out mortgages they couldnt afford.

Priorities should be disabled people, health, education and child and elderly care services.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement