Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm only quoting one line to respond and tell you that I'm putting you on ignore and you won't be getting any other response from me.
    I don't where you come from but where I come from if you want an answer you treat the person you are asking with a bit of respect. You haven't done that so I've made the decision to not bother reading any more of your insulting posts.

The poster (not unlike Maria Bailey) has now decided that they'll be answering no more difficult questions.

Humanity has been crossed, and they'll be drawing a line in the sand.

Matters closed, move on etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

pinkyeye wrote: »
    I had to skip a number of pages in this thread because I simply didn't have enough time to read them all but am I right in saying that MB has so far had no consequences of her actions???

Yes. Thread bogged down with GDPR aficionados.
    Edit. And she probably won't face any because yellow streak veruka is afraid to stick his head above the parapet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yes. Thread bogged down with GDPR aficionados.
    Edit. And she probably won't face any because yellow streak veruka is afraid to stick his head above the parapet

She won’t face any real sanctions because the government numbers are precarious, they can’t afford to lose anyone. I’d say the very worst will be a suspension from the party for a while but will stay voting with them.
    If they had a big majority they could make a big show of removing her but they are already relying on a bucket full of independents and FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

salmocab wrote:
    She won’t face any real sanctions because the government numbers are precarious, they can’t afford to lose anyone. I’d say the very worst will be a suspension from the party for a while but will stay voting with them. If they had a big majority they could make a big show of removing her but they are already relying on a bucket full of independents and FF.

4 bye elections to be held within 6 months, won't happen. GE in September early October. Off topic I know but just saying.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

You do realise that a much bigger claim would likely follow the release of the video footage in this day and age of legal responsibilities for data protection?

The old Roman lawyers had a term for that proposition - Tabula in naufragio = A plank in a shipwreck- and this is some shipwreck

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

I'm only quoting one line to respond and tell you that I'm putting you on ignore and you won't be getting any other response from me.
    I don't where you come from but where I come from if you want an answer you treat the person you are asking with a bit of respect. You haven't done that so I've made the decision to not bother reading any more of your insulting posts.

It may be that the head honchos in the FG Spin-factory have called you in off the pitch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Has eagle eye quit the thread again?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,279 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Has eagle eye quit the thread again?

He's off trying to improve on his "bar stool" understanding of GDPR

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Eagle eye is actually pub spy from the Sunday world. Saw the whole thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Leo is now every bit as responsible as Maria for the damage to FG’s reputation for his failure, or should I say, lack of courage to act on this issue.

He was equally embarrassing in his feeble response to Trump regarding our “border wall”. He sounded like a meek little school boy quaking at the boots of his master as he received his report card. Cringe.

FG have without doubt proven themselves to be every bit as corrupt as FF and with 2 very weak leaders in succession they are falling apart at the seams.

As is the country.

We’ll never move forward till we rid ourselves of these parasitic parties who at times are wholly undemocratic and do nothing to serve the people they’re supposed to represent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Rennaws wrote: »
    Leo is now every bit as responsible for the damage to FG’s reputation for his failure, or should I say, lack of courage to act on this issue.

He was equally embarrassing in his feeble response to Trump regarding our “border wall”. He sounded like a meek little school boy quaking at the boots of his master as he received his report card. Cringe.

FG have without doubt proven themselves to be every bit as corrupt as FF and with 2 very weak leaders in succession they are falling apart at the seams.

As is the country.

We’ll never move forward till we rid ourselves of these parasitic parties who at times are wholly undemocratic and do nothing to serve the people they’re supposed to represent.

The country is falling apart??

How people can be so negative in life is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Realistic not negative.

None of our issues are unsolvable but we’re doing absolutely nothing to solve them.

In fact all FG seem to do is make them worse.

We’re heading straight into another **** storm with no reserves and nothing but wasted opportunities thanks to Enda and Leo.

Ask the 10,000+ homeless families due to repossession how positive this country is and how much this government is doing for them.

Ask the 10,000+ homeless families due to repossession how positive this country is and how much this government is doing for them.

Have you a link for 10,000 homeless families?

Last time I checked it was 10,000 people.

Have you a link all of them had their houses reposssesd?

I could get you up links of 100s of families who exited homelessness recently into lovely new fully furnished houses supplied by the government and funded by the tax payer.

I could get you up links of 100s of families who exited homelessness recently into lovely new fully furnished houses supplied by the government and funded by the tax payer.

You know exactly what I meant.
    As to your reply, of course you could. Please do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Leo is now every bit as responsible for the damage to FG’s reputation for his failure, or should I say, lack of courage to act on this issue.

As is the country.

4.4% unemployment which is fantastic but all the other key social indicators are ****ed. It's not all about the performance of the economy.

Perhaps like others of that minset your wondering how people who engage in such thoughts don't commit suicide? Because from what I see it's actually a major crisis in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

hardly anyone has their house repossesed in this country

Mad_maxx wrote: »

I presume you don’t live in Ireland :)
    It was 600+ repossessions a month one stage last year

Indeed and plenty making no attempt to pay their mortgage as a result

My mistake. It was this much in one quarter

343 homes repossessed over mortgage arrears during second quarter of 2018

https://www.thejournal.ie/ireland-home-repossessions-q2-2018-4225013-Sep2018/

• Advertisement

You know exactly what I meant.
    As to your reply, of course you could. Please do.

“Of the families who secured tenancies, the majority (368) secured them in the private rental sector through the Homeless HAP.

Meanwhile, 216 families secured local authority housing while a further 135 got housing from an Approved Housing Body (AHB) – a charity that supplies social housing”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/homeless-families-5-4057325-Jun2018/%3famp=1

Just a small snippet that shows your lie that the government is doing nothing for homeless families is just that, a lie.

And you said 10,000 families.

As Donald would say, fake news.

Dublin has the worst housing crises on record -ever. You told us earlier that the shinners were in charge of Dublin council and they were to blame.

Yet it's the government (not the council) who supplied the lovely new houses.

And it's the council (not the government) policies who created the housing crises.

You probably seen Leo with a new house in the boot of his Yaris, Coveney following in the Duster with the drapery and carpets.

Spinning classes in the gym got nothing on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,646 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Leo is now every bit as responsible as Maria for the damage to FG’s reputation for his failure, or should I say, lack of courage to act on this issue.
    FG have without doubt proven themselves to be every bit as corrupt as FF and with 2 very weak leaders in succession they are falling apart

We’ll never move forward till we rid ourselves of these parasitic parties who at times are wholly undemocratic and do nothing to serve the people they’re supposed to represent

This is it in a nutshell

“Of the families who secured tenancies, the majority (368) secured them in the private rental sector through the Homeless HAP.

Meanwhile, 216 families secured local authority housing while a further 135 got housing from an Approved Housing Body (AHB) – a charity that supplies social housing”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/homeless-families-5-4057325-Jun2018/%3famp=1

Just a small snippet that shows your lie that the government is doing nothing for homeless families is just that, a lie.

So they put them in rental accommodation. Feeding the black hole of rent to magnate multiple property owning landlords. They didn’t House them in social housing.

Cos there isn’t any.

Local authorities deal with HAP. Not FG or government.
    And you’re somehow claiming victory for FG when in fact a charity homed those families in your second statistic. Not FG

Riiiight

glasso wrote: »
    Indeed and plenty making no attempt to pay their mortgage as a result

Love to know how many of them had to close their business or their company closed due to being unable to pay rocketing insurance costs

You can’t get a mortgage if you haven’t got a job. You can’t pay your mortgage if you don’t have a job.
    Try a little harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Well how about me waiting 3 years so far for a hernia operation? Are you ok with massive hospital waiting lists?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

4 bye elections to be held within 6 months, won't happen. GE in September early October. Off topic I know but just saying.

Don’t think we’ll get a GE this year, the numbers in the locals would suggest it’s not a good time for either FF or FG to go looking for votes

salmocab wrote: »
    Don’t think we’ll get a GE this year, the numbers in the locals would suggest it’s not a good time for either FF or FG to go looking for votes

Can’t rememebr the link but at a post mortem FG meeting Leo said ‘all your faces will be on the ballots’ and it was taken to mean GE in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,676 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Advertisement

Doesn't look like he should have even put himself up for re-election tbh, looks like a very ill man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement