Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

The best thing to come out of this is that Dubs can no longer slag off us culchies for voting in people like Lowry, the Healy Rae, etc.

They have voted in someone who didn't have the ability to pull off what can only be described as the low hanging fruit of scams in Ireland- insurance fraud. Literally anyone seems to be able to put forward a coherent story and push a claim for this but not MB.

Ehm, let's not forget Bertie and Haughey!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Many times in the past. Come from a strong FG family. Preferences in recent Local/Euro elections.

Why?

There are few worse things than aligning your whole family to a political organisation.

Does everyone vote the way their parents do?

That's just plain weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It was a joke.
    Bit early for the blood pressure to be close to boiling.

Cheers, I got the joke that’s why my answer to it was also a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Ehm, let's not forget Bertie and Haughey!

At least they were good at being corrupt.
    MB couldn’t pull off the most basic form of it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,396 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The best thing to come out of this is that Dubs can no longer slag off us culchies for voting in people like Lowry, the Healy Rae, etc.

They have voted in someone who didn't have the ability to pull off what can only be described as the low hanging fruit of scams in Ireland- insurance fraud. Literally anyone seems to be able to put forward a coherent story and push a claim for this but not MB.
    Maria Bailey was not up for re election...so people didn't vote her in since this scandal.
    I think in fact it hurt FGs vote in general
    Maybe let's see what happens when she runs again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,959 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

spurshero wrote:
    I think eagle eye is Maria Bailey !!!
    I'm going nthis site since 2007, I have been giving out about fine gael and pretty much every political party in Ireland all through the European elections and long before this story broke.
    Your detection skills need a lot of work. Of course you are one of the gullible ones by the looks of things so no surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Fine Gael have been surprised at how pissed off people are about this.
    Insurance fraud cost people directly and indirectly.
    Fianna fail should be making hay out of this but aren’t. Feels like the electoral choices that voters have do not really reflect the needs of the people.

That’s probably why we end up with so many independents and crap tds.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,959 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

givyjoe wrote:
    Wtf has any of this go to do with Maria Bailey's disgraceful attempt to squeeze money out of the dean? Honestly, your performance here is worse than herself on SOR.
    Obviously you can't read as I said at the very start I'm done and I made it clear what the rest of the post was about.
    I have no intention of discussing things with people who just tow the stupid line on social media and clearly, and sadly, they've taken over on this site as of late.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

listermint wrote: »
    There are few worse things than aligning your whole family to a political organisation.

Does everyone vote the way their parents do?

That's just plain weird.

I never said we do. You're weird. I vote for whoever I want. Its a secret ballot you know. In the past my extended family would have more affiliation with FG than say FF.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

eagle eye wrote: »
    Obviously you can't read as I said at the very start I'm done and I made it clear what the rest of the post was about.
    I have no intention of discussing things with people who just tow the stupid line on social media and clearly, and sadly, they've taken over on this site as of late.

We’ve been turning a blind eye and letting these chancers away with It for far too long. People have had enough of it.
    Surely you can understand that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Fianna fail should be making hay out of this but aren’t.

If they try they will have the case of deputy leader Mary Hanafin’s mother falling in Leinster House and claiming compensation thrown back at them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Big profile on Bailey in the Sunday business post today. They mention the aer Lingus settlement I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Yes we can

No i didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

mikemac2 wrote: »
    If they try they will have the case of deputy leader Mary Hanafin’s mother falling in Leinster House and claiming compensation thrown back at them

I was wondering why no other politician has jumped on this case like a tramp on a half eaten burger. Half of them are probably sweating in case their own claims surface.

pablo128 wrote: »
    I was wondering why no other politician has jumped on this case like a tramp on a half eaten burger. Half of them are probably sweating in case their own claims surface.

Here’s a link to Mona Hanafin’s case:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/30000-for-hanafin-mum-after-leinster-house-fall-26657826.html

gmisk wrote: »
    Maria Bailey was not up for re election...so people didn't vote her in since this scandal.
    I think in fact it hurt FGs vote in general
    Maybe let's see what happens when she runs again?

See previous questionable carry on involving her & her old man

Peatys wrote: »
    Yes we can

No i didn't.

And the retort will be - in Dub you lads vote in someone who cant pull off what even the lowest chancers in Ireland seem to be able to achieve!

Not everyone in Kerry votes for the goons but we all still get questioned on it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Oxter wrote: »
    Did anyone posting here vote for Fine Gael?
    Couldn’t back a Blue Shirt .

Fine Gael have been surprised at how pissed off people are about this.
    Insurance fraud cost people directly and indirectly.
    Fianna fail should be making hay out of this but aren’t. Feels like the electoral choices that voters have do not really reflect the needs of the people.

That’s probably why we end up with so many independents and crap tds.
    Probably a lot of other insurance claims ( skeletons in the closets ) with other politicians .

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Ah , The Poor Cra-ture .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Big profile on Bailey in the Sunday business post today. They mention the aer Lingus settlement I believe

Any chance somebody could post an image of an excerpt from that article about the claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Something I've seen in an online news article that I don't think has been mentioned in this thread is that Leo may be reluctant to expel cretin Maria Bailey is that he has a slim working majority. While he certainly should expel her if he wanted to show genuine commitment to FG policy, I suspect his party just doesn't have the strength to take a principled stand.

You could argue that he'd be better off taking the short term pain of a weaker Dail majority in order to minimize electoral pain at the next GE. However, I think he's left it too late to show any backbone, even if it is a pragmatic electoral calculation. FG will need to kick her out before I vote for them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yet here you still are. Seriously, what are on earth are you babbling on about? Towing what line? Some stupid bat tried to swindle a bar out of money and got caught out. She so happens to be a politician, so it's obviously all over the media. The crap you're posting is just whataboutery on an epic and ridiculous scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

boombang wrote: »
    Something I've seen in an online news article that I don't think has been mentioned in this thread is that Leo may be reluctant to expel cretin Maria Bailey is that he has a slim working majority. While he certainly should expel her if he wanted to show genuine commitment to FG policy, I suspect his party just doesn't have the strength to take a principled stand.

You could argue that he'd be better off taking the short term pain of a weaker Dail majority in order to minimize electoral pain at the next GE. However, I think he's left it too late to show any backbone, even if it is a pragmatic electoral calculation. FG will need to kick her out before I vote for them again.

You know it's bad when even wheeliebin says similar. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

That’s true although she would likely only be expelled for a set period during which she would continue to vote with the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Shemale wrote: »
    I think I read recently the Garda insurance fraud division which was going to be paid for by the insurance industry has been shelved. I would imagine this is due to pressure from the legal eagles.

No it was because they can’t have a private industry funding a public body and then the insurance industry blaming the Gardai everytime there is some related insurance fraud controversy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

The episode where Uncle Abert falls down the cellar in AFAH is on now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

FG will need to kick her out before I vote for them again.
    Any politician with a claim is suspect in my book.
    Any politician who have benefited financially during their time in office needs to be scrutinised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

lbc2019 wrote: »
    The episode where Uncle Abert falls down the cellar in AFAH is on now lol

The same Albert Gladstone Trotter....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Ah right thanks. Didn’t see that part.
    It came up same time as RTÉ being instructed to take down the interview.
    I’m not sure if that did or didn’t happen either.
    But I wouldn’t be surprised

Who and by what authority were RTÉ instructed to take down this interview?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement