Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty and her unicorns

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

King Mob wrote: »
    Gosh you guys are easily upset by terms and simple questions.

If you have any specific questions are aren't just transparent attempts to deflect, I'd gladly answer them.

Could you specify what about Brennan's Bread was changed to make it halal and what about this change has triggered you so much.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110561971&postcount=188

Could you perhaps detail out your conspiracy theory a little more to show that it isn't as silly as it seems at first glance...

http://halalcertification.ie/clients/

Big list of Irish companies who have been halal certified.

Don't understand what the problem is. Change is inevitable with the ever increasing and ever changing demographics.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Blueshoe wrote: »
    She is apparently talking about flying out to attend the pride parade in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia next week .
    It's the biggest parade in the middle East.

Wonder what she will get up to out there

Hopefully arrested and locked away for a decade or 3

Hopefully she goes anyway

And remember, Gemma is homophobic so it's pretty obvious she would only go to an LGBT event to protest against it ;)

She'd fit right in over there.

Hopefully she goes anyway

She has the connections and financial backing so I suppose she could go wherever she chooses

• Advertisement

She has the connections and financial backing so I suppose she could go wherever she chooses

We can only hope she does go there so.

We can only hope she does go there so.

Okay. Good talk champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Where is the financial backing coming from though. I'm baffled. She seems to have a very steady cash flow for an unemployed person. There is a sinister element keeping her afloat somewhere in the background

Gerry G wrote: »
    Where is the financial backing coming from though. I'm baffled. She seems to have a very steady cash flow for an unemployed person. There is a sinister element keeping her afloat somewhere in the background

No shortage of places I would imagine.

Here's old George Soros wanting the EU to give Africa 30 billion euro every year.

https://qz-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/qz.com/1292650/george-soros-radical-plan-to-save-the-eu-from-its-next-financial-crisis/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQA#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fqz.com%2F1292650%2Fgeorge-soros-radical-plan-to-save-the-eu-from-its-next-financial-crisis%2F

Not everyone agrees with George and his thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

A simple enough plan. We borrow money, and send it to Africa. They spend it, instead of working for a living. Then we, and our kids, pay off the debt, plus interest payments, to Soros and his Bankster buddies. If we don't manage to repay the money in time, the euro currency gradually gets devalued, making us all a little bit poorer relative to the rest of the world. Soros and the banksters, of course, get even richer.
    Soros gestures at some financial wizardry, saying he has in mind “an ingenious device, a special-purpose vehicle, that would enable the EU to tap financial markets at a very advantageous rate without incurring a direct obligation for itself or for its member states.” Soros hints that his plan would take advantage of the long under-utilized borrowing capacity of the EU.
    "under-utilized borrowing capacity" my ar$e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭micosoft

Racism is treating someone different or feeling superior to them because of their ethnicity/race.

I don't oppose anyone's ethnicity or race. I oppose plenty of people ideals. Just like you do.

But it's easier for you to call everyone a racist if they don't agree with you. Fire ahead. As I said earlier, it is pointless:

So Xenophobia then?

micosoft wrote:
    So Xenophobia then?

Perhaps. Although it does imply that I would be opposed to every foreign concept which would be incorrect.

I am only opposed to foreign ideas which I deem to be regressive or damaging.

But in this day and age, having any opinion that opposes political correctness is either a "phobia" or an "ism"

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well if nothing else she's dropping the pretence now. Her scummy racist beliefs are there for all to see.

Wonder of she's have the courage to say that to the likes of Paul McGrath.

Well if nothing else she's dropping the pretence now. Her scummy racist beliefs are there for all to see.

I'm no fan of hers, but that clip you posted was not racist.

Hahahahhahaha..... What the hell is that even meant to mean? Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Perhaps. Although it does imply that I would be opposed to every foreign concept which would be incorrect.

I am only opposed to foreign ideas which I deem to be regressive or damaging.

But in this day and age, having any opinion that opposes political correctness is either a "phobia" or an "ism"
    So halal certified bread is damaging how...?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Say what to Paul McGrath? That there are junkies having black kids for money?

What's it got to do with him?

Boxing.Fan wrote:
    What's it got to do with him?

Because he is black. That makes him African. He should be offended that "people like him" are illegal and having sex with junkies to get citizenship. You know, people like Paul McGrath.

That's the mindset we have to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Cordell

Yes, that's the bigotry of low expectations, or some variant of it. Quite rampant among this type of the uncalled-for defenders of minorities. More racist than everyone else, this is what they are.

Now, Gemma is clearly a nutcase, but even a broken clock is right 2 times a day. Saying that she's this and that is not actually debating whether what she's saying is true or not: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

• Registered Users Posts: 81,935 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Because he is black. That makes him African.

.....nnnno.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,935 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I assure you, I was laughing at you, not those issues.

oy! nnNO.

tenor.gif

• Advertisement

Cordell wrote: »
    Yes, that's the bigotry of low expectations, or some variant of it. Quite rampant among this type of the uncalled-for defenders of minorities. More racist than everyone else, this is what they are.

Now, Gemma is clearly a nutcase, but even a broken clock is right 2 times a day. Saying that she's this and that is not actually debating whether what she's saying is true or not: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
    Yes, but broken clock is wrong 99.99% of the time. And even when the clock might be right, you are right to doubt it's accurate since it's ya know, broken.

Her opinions about race and sinister muslim take overs and evil sneaky halal bread are wrong and they are also racist.
    They are as equally as wrong as her opinions about chemtrails and vaccinations. But at least those conspiracy theories aren't racist.

Funny how broken clocks only seem to be right when they agree with someones opinions...

Indeed, a broken clock it's dead right when it shows the same time as my internet sync'ed smartwatch!!!
    She's a racist nutcase, I fully agree here.
    Halal is bad because it's a dirty evil muslim thing - racist
    Halal is bad because it's religious fundamentalism - not racist

Hope all is clear now.

Indeed, a broken clock it's dead right when it shows the same time as my internet sync'ed smartwatch!!!
    She's a racist nutcase, I fully agree here.
    Halal is bad because it's a dirty evil muslim thing - racist
    Halal is bad because it's religious fundamentalism - not racist

Hope all is clear now.
    Sure. And posters here used the word "dirty" (amoung other terms) to describe halal food.
    Others have been saying that was not racist.

Cordell wrote:
    Indeed, a broken clock it's dead right when it shows the same time as my internet sync'ed smartwatch!!! She's a racist nutcase, I fully agree here. Halal is bad because it's a dirty evil muslim thing - racist Halal is bad because it's religious fundamentalism - not racist

I agree. Although I would describe certain practices of fundamentalism dirty and evil.

Sure. And posters here used the word "dirty" (amoung other terms) to describe halal food.
    Others have been saying that was not racist.

Bad choice of wording I presume, probably they will have no issue enjoying a good kebab, as I don't have any. They don't like to see religious fundamentalism rubber stamping general food stuff, which is not racism. Or the barbaric practice of slaughtering aware animals while saying a prayer.
    And in any case, what they said cannot be used to attack my point.
    I agree. Although I would describe certain practices of fundamentalism dirty and evil.
    Sure, this is what fundamentalism usually is. Foreign or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,266 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Bad choice of wording I presume, probably they will have no issue enjoying a good kebab, as I don't have any. They don't like to see religious fundamentalism rubber stamping general food stuff, which is not racism. Or the barbaric practice of slaughtering aware animals while saying a prayer.
    And in any case, what they said cannot be used to attack my point.

every animal slaughtered in ireland is stunned. its the law. To say otherwise is a lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

every animal slaughtered in ireland is stunned. its the law. To say otherwise is a lie.
    The voice of authority speaks. Which exact law would that be?

No, to lie means to make false statements intentionally, where the "intentionally" part is the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,266 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

recedite wrote: »
    The voice of authority speaks. Which exact law would that be?

only simple research is required. http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1995/si/114/made/en/print
    No, to lie means to make false statements intentionally, where the "intentionally" part is the key.

When you have been corrected and continue to repeat incorrect information then that is a lie. To declare something as fact without bothering to do the slightest bit of research is as good a lie as makes no difference.

• Advertisement

Bad choice of wording I presume, probably they will have no issue enjoying a good kebab, as I don't have any. They don't like to see religious fundamentalism rubber stamping general food stuff, which is not racism.
    It wasn't a typo or slip of the tongue. It was said many times, in very clear terms, then those terms were defended to the hilt.

It was claimed that halal was dirty and that mosques were ****holes.
    Muslims were told that they should go home if they want halal food.
    Or the barbaric practice of slaughtering aware animals while saying a prayer.
    Calling it barbaric is not much better than calling it dirty to be honest.

But it's beside the point because, again, we are referring to bread.
    You don't slaughter animals to make bread.

If the issue is the treatment of animals, then I can only assume that everyone who is upset about the idea of halal slaughter also makes sure that all of the food they eat is completely cruelty free and are not even tangentially connected to things like battery farms or the production of things like veal or Pate.
    And I assume that they are also equally careful about not eating kosher food.
    Right?

There's no other reason why they are singling out halal food to get triggered by... right?

Advertisement