Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty and her unicorns

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Blueshoe wrote: »
    You are jumping the queue again. I'm speaking with the other poster a page or two back.

So no answer to the question asked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

Why are you answering for him. And why is he answering for someone else.

Why are you teaming up? This is why all threads turn into a shït show. People jumping in who have missed have the comments.

We're not 'teaming up': public forums mean that anybody can ask questions. It was in relation to your bringing up Saudi Arabia in relation to someone from Pakistan. Hardly a non-sequitur (although you seem fond enough of them).

I hope that clears it up and you can actually address the issue. But I'm guessing you'll try and stretch it out as long as possible and then disappear. Kinda along the lines of this:

You are jumping the queue again. I'm speaking with the other poster a page or two back.

You know you can answer two posters in the one post? There's no 'queue'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

recedite wrote: »
    The guy is upping the ante by claiming that Gemma is committing an offence ; incitement to hatred.
    And he appears to be making a complaint to the Gardai via twitter.
    If he is right, they will act. If he is wrong (which he is) they won't act.

So nothing at all about him calling for Gemma to be stabbed. But he's the one 'upping the ante'?

In the meantime, this allegation encourages violence against her by antifa types.

Careful you don't do damage with all that reaching you're doing. His post does nothing of the sort.

BTW he is not "a sheikh" he is an imam.
    He likes to give himself honorific titles such as Sheikh and Dr. but how and whether he has earned such titles is a bit of a mystery.

Fair enough. Imam, so.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Yes. Conspiracy theories - from the ludicrous to the plausible - get a lot of traction on the internet. Using them to some degree will help drive engagement if they are of interest to your target market.

Its neither good or bad. No different than the Irish Times using analytics to determine that articles about property prices, housing crises, brexit etc, best Dublin cafes, get more clicks than Love Island opinions.

Over time, the data that people provide on what they're interested in provides a level of detail that makes content planning much more effective ( or targeted advertising if you're facebook/ google ). You should watch the Great Hack on Netflix for an idea of how powerful these tools can be.

And anyone providing content on the internet is using them, especially when the platforms are free.

Actually no. It is bad. Her crazed conspiracy theories are very dangerous and put peoples lives at risk. The levels of vaccine uptake are falling because of her crazed conspiracy theories. Parents are "treating" their children with bleach as a "cure" for autism because of her crazed conspiracy theories. People like Fiona O'Leary and Hazel Chu are being regularly harassed for disagreeing with her and her crazed conspiracy theories.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,583 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Do you believe she is encouraging her gemmaroids to attack Muslim women, by setting fire to their clothing?
    Why do you keep spouting these lies about her?

She said; "I'd rather you burn any hijabs that you see". What other interpretation of that is there?

Saying that that they are patently ridiculous doesn't prove that they are. It's just virtue signalling. Prove that they are ridiculous first.
    Prove that all the posts on this thread aren't composed by an infinite number of monkeys typing on an infinite number of laptops? Gwan, prove it, prove it - you can't?

It's beyond ridiculous. And to be honest, I'd bet a fiver that you know it's beyond ridiculous, but out os some kind of strange sense of loyalty or support, you're happy to keep stirring this pot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

She said; "I'd rather you burn any hijabs that you see". What other interpretation of that is there?

Prove that all the posts on this thread aren't composed by an infinite number of monkeys typing on an infinite number of laptops? Gwan, prove it, prove it - you can't?

It's beyond ridiculous. And to be honest, I'd bet a fiver that you know it's beyond ridiculous, but out os some kind of strange sense of loyalty or support, you're happy to keep stirring this pot.

You forgot a healthy disdain for militant lefty woke fruit cases with no grasp of math and reason.

Say what you like about Gemma, but at least she stands for something. Her detractors have no values. I've yet to see anything in her posts that suggest she has any malicious intent.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You forgot a healthy disdain for militant lefty woke fruit cases with no grasp of math and reason.

Say what you like about Gemma, but at least she stands for something. Her detractors have no values. I've yet to see anything in her posts that suggest she has any malicious intent.

"There are none so blind as those who will not see?" 

• Registered Users Posts: 28,583 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Say what you like about Gemma, but at least she stands for something.
    That's true enough. She does stand for something. She stands for the politics of hate, division and scapegoating that brought us Trump and Brexit, though it seems like Irish voters are a bit more switched on than others.

And this is tinged with a mad twist of conspiracy theories, which is either evidence of an explicit recruiting technique to attract the crazies, or evidence that she is completely unhinged.

Come on - chemtrails and false flags? Are you really standing over this nonsense?
    Her detractors have no values.

This is just not true. You may not like their values - things like fairness, equality, inclusiveness - but they ARE values. Just because they're not your values doesn't mean that they're not values.
    I've yet to see anything in her posts that suggest she has any malicious intent.
    You did see the bit where she told her supports they should burn any hijabs they see, right? Do you need further evidence of malicious intent?

You mustn't have been actually following her social media then. It's quite easy to find malice in her numerous posts.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

A couple of posts ago you were claiming that she was only pretending to believe her mad conspiracies for the express purpose of getting attention.
    You were arguing how this was a good and noble thing.
    What is it exactly she stands for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Now thats she lost the Google battle she really needs to step it up elsewhere

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1163205503692038144

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭circadian

Thanks for that, I just burst out laughing in the office.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Training camps in Wicklow.

Surely if she knows where they are she can go protest outside them

• Registered Users Posts: 32,241 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The Nal wrote: »
    Now thats she lost the Google battle she really needs to step it up elsewhere

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1163205503692038144
    So when are ACI taking ireland back then? lol

Comment below sums that info up, she is really cherry picking.
    https://twitter.com/kodomonster/status/1163239451465834497

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Had to laugh at the Shaun the Sheep gif in the comments :D

Joking aside she's still a vile kunt. Looking forward to the melt down when she gets banned off twatter.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Had to laugh at the Shaun the Sheep gif in the comments :D

Joking aside she's still a vile kunt. Looking forward to the melt down when she gets banned off twatter.

Where will she protest if she is banned off Twitter!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Big Vern wrote: »
    Stormfront?

In her head more than likely:P

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Big Vern wrote: »
    Street corner with a megaphone and placard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Shes pushing her luck at the moment with Twitter and Facebook. Calling for Irish people to "burn any hijabs you see" is ropey territory.

"Burn any hijab you see. They should be burned"

The Nal wrote: »
    Shes pushing her luck at the moment with Twitter and Facebook. Calling for Irish people to "burn any hijabs you see" is ropey territory.

"Burn any hijab you see. They should be burned"

How she has t been arrested for that alone I don’t know. She seems to be ramping up this stuff in order to get herself in trouble. It would give her a platform and more oxygen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,932 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

To burn hijabs she needs heat, fuel, and oxygen.

She’s in trouble now. Trending in Dublin this morning so she is

https://twitter.com/thejournal_ie/status/1163679553027338241?s=21

How she has t been arrested for that alone I don’t know. She seems to be ramping up this stuff in order to get herself in trouble. It would give her a platform and more oxygen.
    If she is off Facebook and Twitter where is she realistically going to spout her sh#te?
    Bebo?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭banie01

She’s in trouble now. Trending in Dublin this morning so she is

https://twitter.com/thejournal_ie/status/1163679553027338241?s=21

Some of the replies are mental!
    There is a gulf between many of Gemma's supporters and reality that I fear can only be bridged with some kind of treatment!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

gmisk wrote: »
    If she is off Facebook and Twitter where is she realistically going to spout her sh#te?
    Bebo?

Here?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Here?
    So like a talk to virgin media style page?...lol

Why does my broadband keep dropping?
    Muslims!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,265 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Bebo?

I heard she is starting a Geocities page.*

*one for the oldies there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Bebo?

Here?
    She'll fit right in with Mr Choresex.

I see Gemmas supporters are really showing their true colours

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4458820/fiona-o-leary-cork-hate-campaign-right-wing-gardai/

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,932 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

There was an attack in Dublin. Scum egged a women wearing a hijab. Ripped it off her.

Anyone endorsing these attacks in any way on this thread will be actioned.

Advertisement