Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty and her unicorns

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

In regard to Gemma O'Doherty, she has certainly achieved her main goal as AGENT PROVOCATEUR.

She drives around in a big SUV, pays big bucks for a spare flat in Dublin, near to the European headquarters of Google. She has stirred up a veritable hornets' nest, and has enough money to protest each day, and not have to work for a living.

Again, who's financing her? What is the overall goal of all of this rabble rousing? She supports Donald Drumpf, but so many of his brainwashed minions 'forget'- he said that women should be grabbed by the vagina- there are some sick pictures of him and his daughter on the Internet, and he was involved with Epstein.

If someone makes excuses (/turns a blind eye to/) for a person's evil conduct, then that says a lot about them.

Why is GOOGLE (via YOUTUBE) allowing rampant white nationalism to flourish (AT THE MOMENT) on Youtube? Gemma O'Doherty is a protected species, her war against Google is a PHONY WAR. Gemma O'Doherty: The Pied Piper of Dublin?

(Just some thoughts- I hope her and/or her underlings read this- you don't have us all fooled!)

It's interesting though isn't it. When you go back through her timeline she didn't always support Trump.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,636 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Blueshoe wrote: »
    The plot thickens.

Is that suppose to be a reply to a question?

A poster asked you to backup a claim about her being funded by Firefox and you went on to post an article about how the big tech companies support the left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

john4321 wrote: »
    Is that suppose to be a reply to a question?

A poster asked you to backup a claim about her being funded by Firefox and you went on to post an article about how the big tech companies support the left.

The old CEO got fired.

The mystery deepens

The old CEO got fired.

The mystery deepens

Not following your logic, was he\she fired because they were funding GO'D?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

recedite wrote: »
    That's not my assumption. I was talking abut asylum seekers and the other illegal immigrants that we tolerate, not those who have come here with a work/immigration visa. I have no problem with a merit based immigration system where there are skills shortages.
    And again, the assumption applied to asylum seekers and illegal immigrants is racist.
    The claims you level at them, with zero supporting evidence are racist and denote your alignment with white supremacist views.
    Getting back to your helpful link above...
    Firstly, did you notice I mentioned "East Asia" as well as the orient in my original post, just to appease people like yourself?
    But I'm not prepared to consign the word orient to the dustbin just yet.
    Calling the orient East Asia is a bit like calling Ireland West Britain. It might be true in some geographical sense, but at best its a bit pointless, and at worst you risk demeaning the special nature of the region.
    Ah so, by using "the orient" you are in fact less racist than me?
    As I said, lol.:rolleyes:
    Weird point for you to jump back to when you've so many others you've left unaddressed...
    I'm sure the Japanese have some equivalent term to that in their own language which they use.
    There isn't really.
    The Japanese are doing just fine with a stable population, a steady state economy, low unemployment and no housing shortages. And of course, no asylum seekers.
    Well one, the population isn't stable as has been shown by others.
    Two, there is actually a labour shortage here. Many low skilled jobs are going unfilled and the effects can be seen now.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/04/11/business/japans-famed-convenience-stores-look-cut-opening-hours-amid-labor-shortage/#.XVJMmOgzZPY

In fact, Japan has been be grudgingly loosing immigration rules to get more, less skilled labour into the country.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-46070080

However, Japan already has a lot of immigrants self included, as well as many from other Asian countries, places like the Philippines and India.
    There is a sizable portion of muslim people as well. In fact I live in an area where there are a disproportionate amount of such people.
    I have never once observed any of the things you claim are caused by immigration or "lack of integration".

So you are talking completely out of your arse when it comes to Japan on every level.
    As per usual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

So, just to be clear, you live in Japan, in a crime-free immigrant ghetto, speak fluent Japanese, and you can confirm that there is no Japanese word meaning "the occident"?

I tip my hat to you sir.

in a crime-free immigrant ghetto, speak fluent Japanese, and
    Strawman and a pathetic one at that.

Are my anecdotal claims of first hand experience not enough for you?
    If not, why not?
    you can confirm that there is no Japanese word meaning "the occident"?
    Not in common usage in the same way "the orient" was, no.

And once again, you are showing the honesty and integrity of your position by running away from yet more points.
    You're doing the hard work for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

"The Orient" - lol

I like how, despite best efforts to mask it, there is still identity drawn down racial lines

• Registered Users Posts: 12,570 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    "The Orient" - lol

I like how, despite best efforts to mask it, there is still identity drawn down racial lines

In a very "never left my home town" sort of way. Bet he says "Chicargo" aswell.

"The Orient" - lol

Personally I like how in his rush to strawman my post, he let slip that he associates crime with immigrants.
    But he's only against some immigration....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭circadian

So no evidence of Mozilla backing Gemma then.

Gotcha.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

circadian wrote: »
    So no evidence of Mozilla backing Gemma then.

Gotcha.

Of course not. All evidence has been Epsteined

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Special council meeting called to address Gemma O'Doherty-led protests at Google HQ https://jrnl.ie/4763749

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Gerry G wrote: »
    Special council meeting called to address Gemma O'Doherty-led protests at Google HQ https://jrnl.ie/4763749

Special council sounds very American haha. Maybe its another Soros plot.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

King Mob wrote: »
    Are my anecdotal claims of first hand experience not enough for you?
    :)

How do you say "get up the yard" in Japanese?

I don't understand what you mean in English.
    You are dodging points again.
    Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

What the hell is "get up the yard" in English?

What the hell is "get up the yard" in English?
    A quick google tells me it's a another way of calling bull****.
    Which given that the only evidence he has given in support of his racist beliefs and in counter to a proper research paper is "he talked to some Germans some time" makes it a touch hypocritical to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Battery Power

Youtube are forever fanning the flames of extremism:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmOcveaNqd5_N13EaKLvqQw

Some 'plastic paddy' (based in the USA of course). His avatar is promoting terrorism!

Following Gemma O'Doherty for a month or two has opened my eyes to a world of very dangerous extreme right-wing rhetoric that is being propagated with Google's blessing. There are so many channels allied to the likes of Gemma O'Doherty, and it baffles me how Google allow so many Hitler-wannabes to recruit disenfranchised/gullible people via their video platform- Youtube.

No good can come from it- it isn't a 'safe space' for them to vent their frustrations as one day those frustrations will boil over and take to the streets. If it had been 'nipped in the bud', it would have not got to this level. So many thug-wannabes on Youtube think rioting and destroying property and people is like a video game or something- surely that's how a lot of them think.

It isn't Google's place to provide a virtual sandbox for far-right idiots to play in- they are behaving extremely irresponsibly.Gemma's chihuahua- that Justin bloke, said the other day that he would revoke the citizenship of a Chinese woman- as she wasn't born in Ireland. I think she's a politician in Ireland? It is that type of talk that got the German's stirred up in the 1930s, and we all know what happened as a result of that.Just take a look at the accounts of those whom follow Gemma O'Doherty, the ones who actual produce content- there's a such thing as the Ripple Effect. Surely, the younger element must think it's all fine and dandy as Google/Youtube host it- it's 'officially endorsed'- must be 'okay' then...

Gemma O'Doherty is a very dangerous person, and she will step back, and go back to her lifestyle of splendour- and watch the rioting on RTE! Yes RTE... and perhaps Channel 4 as well! Popcorn at the ready. So much for Youtube's purge of far-right channels- the Alex Jones thing was just theatre!

Between a rock and a hard place- I have no love for either Gemma OR Google! Wouldn't that be the kicker, to find out that they aren't really enemies! Her protest videos are all over Youtube, so are most of her old videos (on other people's channels). The 'Hemma O Foherty' channel (of her talking to her 'phone) is still there. Yeah, Google hate the protests, and they don't want to encourage any more of them... / -:

Just some thoughts, lads- things aren't always what they appear to be- I wouldn't trust Gemma O'Doherty as far as I could throw her! Even that bodyguard of hers had in his ear an earpiece- does he work for the secret services or something? I know that's a bit of a stretch- but you see American Presidents with bodyguards with earpieces in- with whom was he in communication? (The video where he pushes the Google employee at the main entrance to the building.)

Full of bile and vitriol- that's Gemma and her 'Boy Wonder', Justin! Two and a half pints of Guinness and he's absolutely paralytic! Tell me what Brexit has to do with her channels being terminated? The fight for independence? They are a couple of you-know-what stirrers! Her whole argument about her channels being terminated is predicated upon a lie- her channels were deleted simply because she contravening the terms of her 7 day suspension (by live-streaming via her 'back-up channel')! She's a narcissist, so the rules don't apply to her! Typical of her ilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Battery Power

It's interesting though isn't it. When you go back through her timeline she didn't always support Trump.

It seems that ALL of the alt-****e slavishly follow, and never question Herr Drumpf. Gemma O'Doherty, Ian Crane, The UK Column; all ostensibly (on the surface) support Drumpf, and that right-wing piece of crap, 'Tommy Robinson'. They're all on the same page- it stinks, and I honestly think they are trying to cause civil unrest in Ireland and Britain- especially Ireland right now.

• Advertisement

haha what a shíthead

• Registered Users Posts: 40,262 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Is she any relation to that absolute cowpat of a person Ian o Doherty? From the herald?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

You do realise she's manipulating her prospective audience and keeping her profile prominent, by indulging these conspiracy theories.

Straight out of the Trump playbook and it works a charm.

The more people signal their impeccable virtue by calling her a racist and a crazy loon...the more her profile grows. It will reach a point where she no longer needs to refer to conspiracies, nor to troll the easy targets on the left, and will focus on her straightforward conservative agenda. Just like Trump did.

So I wonder who the crazy idiot is..

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    You do realise she's manipulating her prospective audience and keeping her profile prominent, by indulging these conspiracy theories.

The more people signal their impeccable virtue by calling her a racist and a crazy loon...the more her profile grows. It will reach a point where she no longer needs to refer to conspiracies, nor to troll the easy targets on the left, and will focus on her straightforward conservative agenda. Just like Trump did.

She had 8 people at her protest yesterday. Couldn't even organise a game of 5-a-side. Shes pathetic.

OleRodrigo wrote: »

The best way to deal with her is to keep pointing to her wacky conspiracies and giving them the mockery they deserve.

Her defenders here are very vocal about her "right" to have a youtube channel and ad revenge and they like to harp on about suppression and such.
    But when you remind them that the things they are defending are mad conspiracy theories no rational person would take serious, they clam up pretty fast.

It's hard to be righteous when the person you're defending believes in Chemtrails and fake school shootings.
    And it's hard to then rant on about the great replacement conspiracy theory when it's being promoted by people who believe equally silly, but much less marketable theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,930 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

john4321 wrote: »

Why would she link to a story on yahoo, the page literally just begged me to let it install cookies on my phone and share it with 4 dozen of their parter ad agencies.

She’s an odd duck of a tinfoil wearer that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Speaking for myself I don't make fun of her because it's obvious she's not well at the moment. I don't see the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

+1 I don't think she's well at all.

Advertisement