Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty and her unicorns

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Peatys wrote: »
    b]

She has a point about two of these (that I'm aware of ).

Halal slaughter is often incredibly inhumane. It's also not necessary seeing as the main reason for its technique is to prevent infection to the meat. This may have made sense in a hot desert environment but is not necessary under Western production methods (which are hygienic and humane ). Unfortunately, Islam is not renowned for its self reflection, so we must lower our standards to accommodate more barbarous customs. This is certainly worth debating.

The Epstein case is about as dubious as they come with regard to the corruption of high level figures in positions of power. The Clintons have always been followed by whispers. There's enough here to warrant discussion.

I don't see anything outlandish here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

OleRodrigo wrote: »

Halal slaughter is often incredibly inhumane. It's also not necessary seeing as the main reason for its technique is to prevent infection to the meat. This may have made sense in a hot desert environment but is not necessary under Western production methods (which are hygienic and humane ). Unfortunately, Islam is not renowned for its self reflection, so we must lower our standards to accommodate more barbarous customs. This is certainly worth debating.
    Again.
    Halal BREAD.

Bread is not meat.
    Western production methods (which are hygienic and humane ).
    Kosher Slaughter is "western".
    But people aren't getting up in arms about kosher bread for some reason.

King Mob wrote: »
    No, it's bad. Dishonestly presenting insane, untrue things as truth using your authority as a journalist is a bad thing.
    Doing this for profit is a bad thing.

She isn't writing about them from an objective point of view.
    She is not presenting them as "plausible" or a "maybe".
    She is presenting them as truth. Her followers are taking them as truth.
    This is called lying.

Also, it begs the question that if she's doing this for some of her claims, maybe she's doing it for all of her claims. And maybe, her mad racist comments are also just to "drive engagement".

How do you know what conspiracy theory is true and what isn't? You can only debate these matters.

Most media organisations play loose with the truth. Actually...fundamentally....the truth and commercial success are often at odds. No news organisation will pursue truth at the expense of commercial success. Otherwise, they are out of business. Many of them are struggling with this reality.

This is why independent news figures are becoming more popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

Again.
    Halal BREAD.

Bread is not meat.

Kosher Slaughter is "western".
    But people aren't getting up in arms about kosher bread for some reason.

I think ole rod might be in for a shock on how pigs and other livestock are treated in the west.

How do you know what conspiracy theory is true and what isn't? You can only debate these matters.
    I know that they are not true because they are patently ridiculous on the face of them.

Do you believe that it is possible that there is a global, decades long conspiracy involving every country and the entire aviation industry to spray chemicals into the air, all day every day all over the world, with the goal of blotting out the sun?

Do you believe that it is possible that governments organise fake mass shootings where no one is killed, but rather victims are invented and paid "crisis actors" are used to play their grieving family?

These are an example the theories that Gemma presents as truth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I know that they are not true because they are patently ridiculous on the face of them.
    Do you believe she is encouraging her gemmaroids to attack Muslim women, by setting fire to their clothing?

recedite wrote: »
    Do you believe she is encouraging her gemmaroids to attack Muslim women, by setting fire to their clothing?
    Why are you asking questions of me when you have done nothing but dodge mine?
    Why would you expect me to answer this question given than you are once again avoiding the point I made in the post?

Well she said for her dullards to do that. Out of her own mouth. She even video'd herself saying it.

Do you believe that it is possible that there is a global, decades long conspiracy involving every country and the entire aviation industry to spray chemicals into the air, all day every day all over the world, with the goal of blotting out the sun?

Do you believe that it is possible that governments organise fake mass shootings where no one is killed, but rather victims are invented and paid "crisis actors" are used to play their grieving family?

These are an example the theories that Gemma presents as truth.

Saying that that they are patently ridiculous doesn't prove that they are. It's just virtue signalling. Prove that they are ridiculous first.

It's a matter of record that the US government has attempted to weaponize the weather, so this makes the idea of chemtrails as a weapon worth discussing (even if it is unlikely to be true)

It's a matter of record that powerful countries have initiated false flag events in their own populace and against other countries, so this makes certain events suspicious until found otherwise.

Nothing irrational here. Just healthy skepticism.

A lot of people learn how the world works by working through these theories. Flat Earth, is one example. By proving its false you can learn about the behaviour of giant clouds of hydrogen and gravity.

I think ole rod might be in for a shock on how pigs and other livestock are treated in the west.

The difference is, few people in the West are aware of the inhumane treatment of animals in slaughterhouses, although that is changing and will initiate change.

Can't say the same for Islam and Halal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The difference is, few people in the West are aware of the inhumane treatment of animals in slaughterhouses, although that is changing and will initiate change.

What are your thoughts on kosher slaughter?

What exactly is it about halal slaughter that bothers you so much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

She has a point about two of these (that I'm aware of ).

The Epstein case is about as dubious as they come with regard to the corruption of high level figures in positions of power. The Clintons have always been followed by whispers. There's enough here to warrant discussion.

I don't see anything outlandish here.

Jesus this idiocy again.

Halah slaughter in Western Europe is identical to non-halal slaughter in Western Europe, except a Muslim person is present and prays ovwr the animal.

Saying that that they are patently ridiculous doesn't prove that they are. It's just virtue signalling. Prove that they are ridiculous first.
    Ok.
    For chemtrails, it's ridiculous and not true because it would require a global conspiracy involving every country and the entire aviation industry. This is impossible.
    It would require that spraying would be going on all around the world every day. This is impossible.
    It would require that spraying something out of the back of a jetliner would blot out the sun. This is impossible.
    It would require that this substance would be impossible to detect and has no other effects. This is impossible.
    It would require that the only evidence for all of this massive conspiracy is that they leave easily noticeable signs in the sky in a way that anyone ignorant internet user can crack the conspiracy. This is ridiculous.
    It's made funny in that no believer in this conspiracy can explain how to tell the difference between chemtrails and contrails.

The idea of fake shootings are impossible as there is no reason to do so.
    Just pay someone to shoot a bunch of people, then shoot him.
    No need for crisis actors (which again are apparently easily detectable and blow the whole thing) or anything complicated using extra shooters or bribed police etc.
    It's safer, more efficient and cheaper.
    Faking it only opens up the possibility of being found out for no benefit.

Again, you seem to find these ideas plausible.
    That's a sign of a lack of skepticism and critical thinking...

Also, she is not presenting these theories so that her followers can learn why they are not true. She is presenting them AS TRUE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

She's claiming the Sheikh from Blanchardstown was hoping she'd be stabbed by an extremist. Can't see any actual evidence of this threat (surprise surprise).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Achasanai wrote: »
    She's claiming the Sheikh from Blanchardstown was hoping she'd be stabbed by an extremist. Can't see any actual evidence of this threat (surprise surprise).

Why do we have sheikhs in blancharsdstown?

Do we have priests in Saudi?

Cept that it's already been shown that halal slaughters are increasingly using stunning where they previously had not been.
    They are now to the point that the vast vast majority of halal slaughters do use the same "humane" methods as "western" slaughter.

This is in contrast to the western practice of kosher slaughter, where in the UK, almost none of them use prestunning at all.
    The vast vast majority of nonstun slaughters in the UK were for kosher reasons, not halal.
    Yet for some reason, you guys don't seem that upset about kosher bread.

And again, the issue Gemma is harping on about is halal certified BREAD.
    Bread, in case you didn't know, contains no meat.

Well she said for her dullards to do that. Out of her own mouth. She even video'd herself saying it.
    Why do you keep spouting these lies about her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Blueshoe wrote: »

There's Rabbis in Ireland too, shocker so it is.

Because we allow freedom of religious expression here, so if there is a large enough body of a particular religious denomination, then you can expect to find a leader of said group operating in some capacity. This is also allowed by the laws of our land.

Saudi Arabia has - as far as I know - banned any expression of faith that is non-Islamic (possibly even any expression of faith that does not conform to whatever Wahhabi-influenced brand of Islam they practice over there). Worshipping as a Christian or a Jew could lead to you getting the death sentence. A man or woman acting as a priest in Saudi Arabia wouldn't be doing so for very long.

I hope that's made everything a bit clearer for you and your non-sequitur regarding my comment. I'm guessing you have no constructive input as to why Gemma is claiming that the Sheikh is calling for her to be stabbed by an extremist?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

A miniscule few catholics attend a church where eating the body of their Christ and drinking the blood of Jesus.

That’s ok apparently.

But killing animals humanely or indeed baking bread is somehow cruel insanity

Right so

• Advertisement

batgoat wrote: »
    There's Rabbis in Ireland too, shocker so it is.

Rabbis in Saudi?

There are catholic priests in Iran, even has cathedrals

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_in_Iran

But I'm sure you will not be happy with this as you would like to just focus on Saudi Arabia and it's backward views/laws

Why do you keep spouting these lies about her?

Why do you keep making no sense? . If you have a problem with what comes out of her mouth. Take it up with her.

There are catholic priests in Iran, even has cathedrals

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_in_Iran

But I'm sure you will not be happy with this as you would like to just focus on Saudi Arabia and it's backward views/laws

Why are you talking about Iran?

Why are you talking about Saudi Arabia when talking about a religious leader of Pakistani heritage?

I'm guessing you have no constructive input as to why Gemma is claiming that the Sheikh is calling for her to be stabbed by an extremist?
    The guy is upping the ante by claiming that Gemma is committing an offence ; incitement to hatred.
    And he appears to be making a complaint to the Gardai via twitter.
    If he is right, they will act. If he is wrong (which he is) they won't act.

In the meantime, this allegation encourages violence against her by antifa types.

https://twitter.com/DrUmarAlQadri/status/1162704016486338561

BTW he is not "a sheikh" he is an imam.
    He likes to give himself honorific titles such as Sheikh and Dr. but how and whether he has earned such titles is a bit of a mystery.

Why are you talking about saudi?

Why are you talking about Saudi Arabia when talking about a religious leader of Pakistani heritage?

Why are you answering for him. And why is he answering for someone else.

Why are you teaming up? This is why all threads turn into a shït show. People jumping in who have missed have the comments.

Why are you answering for him. And why is he answering for someone else.

Why are you teaming up? This is why all threads turn into a shït show. People jumping in who have missed have the comments.

I have answered for myself, why bring up saudi Arabia in relation to a post about Blanchardstown?

• Advertisement

I have answered for myself, why bring up saudi Arabia in relation to a post about Blanchardstown?

You are jumping the queue again. I'm speaking with the other poster a page or two back.

Advertisement