Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'll go out on a limb and say it'll be Bruce Springsteen.

Yeah wrong stadium for him. He'd be playing on the banks of the Lee if he comes down.

My guess is Biffy Clyro.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Jon Spencer and The Hitmakers Whelans Nov 24th.

Actually, 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'll go out on a limb and say it'll be Bruce Springsteen.

Springsteen isn’t with MCD.
    He’ll only be Aiken venues I’m afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Duffy98 wrote: »
    First Gig for Cork Independent Park 2020 to be Announced on Monday. MCD are in charge of it so im hoping for the same type of acts as last year in fairness they were a success down here anyway. As long as I don't see any Picture this rubbish or Gavin James ill be happy , but knowing how these gigs go itll be Lewis Capaldi....

Cashing in on the Christmas present market but even then seems on the early side. Guess longer lead in gives them more time to sell plus can earn interest on ticket sales

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

The Nal wrote: »
    Any source for this?
    The deer won't be happy ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Eod100 wrote: »
    Cashing in on the Christmas present market but even then seems on the early side. Guess longer lead in gives them more time to sell plus can earn interest on ticket sales
    interest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Eod100 wrote: »

The promoters seem to have started the Christmas rush early this year.
    This week there was a huge glut of events put onsale,
    Green Day,Westlife,The Who,Simply Red,The 1975,Mc Fly,Pet Shop Boys.

Next week is pay day for alot of people so you'd expect the promoters to overload the week with onsales like they usually do at the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

First Gig for Cork Independent Park 2020 to be Announced on Monday. MCD are in charge of it so im hoping for the same type of acts as last year in fairness they were a success down here anyway. As long as I don't see any Picture this rubbish or Gavin James ill be happy , but knowing how these gigs go itll be Lewis Capaldi....

Lewis, Lizzo or Mabel?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lewis, Lizzo or Mabel?

Dermot Kennedy or whatever his name is maybe ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Dermot Kennedy or whatever his name is maybe ???

I think that's exactly his name :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lewis, Lizzo or Mabel?
    This is a longshot but maybe even Billie Eilish? Mcd do like announcing shows for acts just after electric picnic and she was one of the "big acts" there and she would have no problem selling tickets , id rather that then Lewis Capaldi or any of that tripe. Id like a royal blood or Biffy Clyro or something but nowadays its usually the awful acts that get these shows

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dont think Biffy would be back for a big outdoor headliner in Cork after doing Indie this year.

Lizzo is a good shout and wouldnt rule out Picture This

Dont think Biffy would be back for a big outdoor headliner in Cork after doing Indie this year.

Lizzo is a good shout and wouldnt rule out Picture This

I dunno, that could have been a pre-cursor for this. Went down well too. Certainly big enough.

Do think it'll be someone more poppy though after seeing the names mentioned

70601477_2601826006506225_4231116272068198400_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQmmVTagzTsZ3upB-QZPZMPD217urYAOFO75_VgoScjkEElAs0ak8USM2WEDVFSYU4o&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=b26f34c42002ab86f48faab064294a40&oe=5DEFCFBA

Id like a royal blood or Biffy Clyro or something but nowadays its usually the awful acts that get these shows

This far out from Christmas its going to be some rubbish act,anything decent would not need to be announced 9 months in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

70601477_2601826006506225_4231116272068198400_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQmmVTagzTsZ3upB-QZPZMPD217urYAOFO75_VgoScjkEElAs0ak8USM2WEDVFSYU4o&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=b26f34c42002ab86f48faab064294a40&oe=5DEFCFBA

Made my predictions for this

Dermot Kennedy, Hardwell, 1975,lizzo

Download festival announcing tomorrow as well. Surely the band for Cork couldn't be linked to that and it'll just be a safer band

Mushy wrote: »
    Download festival announcing tomorrow as well. Surely the band for Cork couldn't be linked to that and it'll just be a safer band

Ah the crowd at an Iron Maiden gig would be just as safe as what Liam Gallagher was this summer ha (great show but my god the crowd was rough)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I’d say the belsonic band will be the cork band.
    No way download band is getting near cork

raven136 wrote: »
    Made my predictions for this

Dermot Kennedy, Hardwell, 1975,lizzo

I cant see it being the 1975 as they only announced a 3Arena show a few weeks ago and that hasnt sold out, plus i think they played Belsonic last year

• Advertisement

Dermot Kennedy has some big news tomorrow but he has included an American flag.

Dermot Kennedy
    I’ve got some VERY exciting news to announce tomorrow!! I can’t wait!!! Keep an eye out 🇺🇸 X

Ah the crowd at an Iron Maiden gig would be just as safe as what Liam Gallagher was this summer ha (great show but my god the crowd was rough)

I would mean safe in terms of for the promoter, it'll be a band who will shift a good load of tickets.

I would mean safe in terms of for the promoter, it'll be a band who will shift a good load of tickets.

Hopefully these MCD gigs will make Aiken up his game regarding acts for the Marquee.
    Its been on a downward slide for years and this years lineup was atrocious.
    The people of Cork and Munster will support good acts if they are brought to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lauren Hill last year, they're not afraid to have an edgy act down in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Zardoz wrote: »
    Hopefully these MCD gigs will make Aiken up his game regarding acts for the Marquee.
    Its been on a downward slide for years and this years lineup was atrocious.
    The people of Cork and Munster will support good acts if they are brought to Cork.

The marquee is getting Christy Moore and the coronas and there's nothing you can do about it.....

hynesie08 wrote: »
    The marquee is getting Christy Moore and the coronas and there's nothing you can do about it.....

Nathan Carter must shares in the place too ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Crowd at an Iron Maiden gig would be infinitely more pleasant than at an LG gig

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Lauren Hill last year, they're not afraid to have an edgy act down in Cork.

That type of announcement can come later

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Capaldi independent park june 18 2020 god love us.... hes playing Malahide on the 20th so id say malahide and cork will get similar acts like last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Lewis Capaldi.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Advertisement