Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

greenspurs wrote: »
    If, buts, maybes , probably, might, might not , chance , option , .....

Are you a politician ?
    All bases and eventualities covered there ! Fantasy …….. :rolleyes:

A lot of this going on alright... And at the same time a lot of people are writing with unshakeable certainty on topics about which they most likely know nothing.

Rumours are one thing, but suggestions along the lines of System of a Down supporting AC/DC at Slane call for a whole new thread: 2020 Irish Gigs (Speculation / Dreams / Delusions) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭krusty411

A lot of this going on alright... And at the same time a lot of people are writing with unshakeable certainty on topics about which they most likely know nothing.

Rumours are one thing, but suggestions along the lines of System of a Down supporting AC/DC at Slane call for a whole new thread: 2020 Irish Gigs (Speculation / Dreams / Delusions) :pac:

I don't think anyone suggested that acdc, soad was an actual rumour, another poster said along the lines of acdc with support from soad would be a great day out, to which I replied definitely as in it definitely would be a great day out 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

krusty411 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone suggested that acdc, soad was an actual rumour, another poster said along the lines of acdc with support from soad would be a great day out, to which I replied definitely as in it definitely would be a great day out 😂

Yep can agree, it would be a great day out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Queen +Adam Lamberts Rhapsody Tour hits Europe In 2020. No Irish date as of yet but big gap between 11th-24th June

http://www.queenonline.com/upcoming_shows

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Queen +Adam Lamberts Rhapsody Tour hits Europe In 2020. No Irish date as of yet but big gap between 11th-24th June

It’s one of the malahide shows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

s8n wrote: »
    It’s one of the malahide shows

Ugh was hoping for indoor as a lot of the other European dates are indoor :o

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Anyone hear of a venue or date for Celine Dion yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

exilec wrote: »
    Elbow, who will release their eighth studio album, ‘Giants of All Sizes’ on 11 October, have announced the following tour dates:

▪ 3Arena, Dublin - Saturday, 28 March 2020
    ▪ Waterfront, Belfast – Sunday, 29 March 2020

Just picked up tickets for this in the pre-sale for Belfast. They're on sale through the Waterfront website, not ticketmaster. Sooooooooooooooo nice not to have booking fees added onto the price of the tickets. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »

Very strange announcement for this.
    Announced at midnight, and tickets on sale at 9am this morning.
    Crazy prices for the UK, £135 for some upper tier seats, £135-185 for lower tier.
    Loads of platinum and other packages too.
    Prices getting out of hand now.
    Ludicrous prices for what's essentially a karaoke act.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Tindersticks playing NCH on 24th of May.

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Just picked up tickets for this in the pre-sale for Belfast. They're on sale through the Waterfront website, not ticketmaster. Sooooooooooooooo nice not to have booking fees added onto the price of the tickets. :D

And the Waterfront is SUCH a lovely venue too
    Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Whitneys ghost, I mean hologram, is on tour!

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1176864187500388352?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ah Jaysiz not more of this hologram shíte.

Tickets for the UK are £61-£72! For a fúcking hologram!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Cannot for the life of me understand how this sells

• Registered Users Posts: 14,351 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I don't get it either, it seems so ghoulish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

It’s the future unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    It’s the future unfortunately.

I don't think it actually is, tbh.

One of the company's providing this tech has already gone out of business as they couldn't turn a profit on it, and there's also the cost of licencing the material for the show, which wouldn't come cheap for the likes of Whitney, Roy Orbison, etc.

If people are happy to spend €60+ on what is essentially a film, then it'll catch on. But I don't think people will; it's just not worth shelling out for. If it was cheaper, you might consider it, but then the company isn't likely to turn a profit so... Give it a few years - if another recession hits, people wouldn't dream of splashing out to see the ghost of Whitney Houston!

It's like a few years ago when we were told that the future of movies was 3D and, luckily, it just eased off over time. There'll be a few more hologram shows for sure but I don't think we'll be at a point of watching hologram Nirvana and hologram Beatles headling festivals any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

It's called life music for a reason. It comes across as a cynical attempt to cash in. Don't know why the estate would even sign off on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Nal wrote: »
    Ah Jaysiz not more of this hologram sh.

Tickets for the UK are £61-£72! For a fúcking hologram!

giphy.gif

So about 90 to 100 here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Anyone hear of a venue or date for Celine Dion yet?

Latest rumours are 14th and 15th September in 3Arena, was expecting Summer stadium concert, should be announced soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Zardoz wrote: »
    Very strange announcement for this.
    Announced at midnight, and tickets on sale at 9am this morning.
    Crazy prices for the UK, £135 for some upper tier seats, £135-185 for lower tier.
    Loads of platinum and other packages too.
    Prices getting out of hand now.
    Ludicrous prices for what's essentially a karaoke act.

Didn't think dynamic pricing has reached UK yet ...however after looking at Queen tickets a regular standing ticket was available for £79 yesterday and the same tickets is now £140. No fancy name such as platinum or VIP tagged with just straight up price increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Latest rumours are 14th and 15th September in 3Arena, was expecting Summer stadium concert, should be announced soon!

Would Celine Dion maybe do like Buble with 3 to 5 nights at 3 Arena?

wacotaco wrote: »
    Didn't think dynamic pricing has reached UK yet ...however after looking at Queen tickets a regular standing ticket was available for £79 yesterday and the same tickets is now £140. No fancy name such as platinum or VIP tagged with just straight up price increase.

Dynamic pricing has reached the UK allright.
    Slipknot and Green Day had it for standing tickets ,basically doubled the price overnight .
    Nasty practice as Ticketmaster are manipulating supply to increase demand to maximise revenue.

I paid 102 euro for a good seat in Block D last time for Queen in the 3Arena ,they will probably charge 150 euro next year .
    I wouldnt go to see them again , Adam Lambert is awful .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

Never understood the fascination with this. It must be a bit weird from the audience's perspective. Watching some audience clips from the Roy Orbison one and it's peculiar

I remember seeing a Freddie Mercury hologram on a TV show and there was a Michael Jackson hologram at some awards ceremony. All very strange.

How is the performer mean't to make a connection with the audience? It may as well be a tribute act/band on stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Celine Dion in the 3Arena. Surely that'll sell out immediately?
    WORLD-RENOWNED GLOBAL ICON CELINE DION ANNOUNCES ADDITIONAL DATES FOR

“COURAGE WORLD TOUR”

INCLUDING

3ARENA DUBLIN

14 & 15 SEPTEMBER 2020

NORTH AMERICAN DATES ADDED

INTERNATIONAL TOUR DATES REVEALED

HITTING NEARLY 100 CITIES WORLDWIDE

TICKETS FOR NEW DATES ON-SALE BEGINNING FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4 AT 10AM LOCAL TIME

FORTHCOMING ALBUM COURAGE SET FOR RELEASE NOVEMBER 15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

Celine Dion in the 3Arena. Surely that'll sell out immediately?

That's The Way It Is

MOR316 wrote: »
    That's The Way It Is

:D:D:D:D
    Any idea of prices for this?

dragonfly! wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D
    Any idea of prices for this?

Wont be announced till next week but I'd expect them to be expensive.
    Think they were £45-£170 for the UK last year,so probably 99-170 euro here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Zardoz wrote: »
    Wont be announced till next week but I'd expect them to be expensive.
    Think they were £45-£170 for the UK last year,so probably 99-170 euro here.
    I'd think twice before paying that tbh

Advertisement