Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Just heard the Greenday concert advertised, I saw them over 20 years ago, ****ing awesome gig at the time in the Point

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Tindersticks NCH 24/5/20
    last night of their tour as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Clareman wrote: »
    Just heard the Greenday concert advertised, I saw them over 20 years ago, ****ing awesome gig at the time in the Point

The RDS Arena, Dublin is set for one hell of a rock and roll triple threat next summer as team up for an Irish super-show.

The HELLA MEGA TOUR (Green Day, Fall Out Boy and Weezer) hits the RDS Dublin on Monday 29th of June

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Who's tipped to headline download next summer??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Who's tipped to headline download next summer??

Kiss and I think Iron Maiden also. Unsure on third one though

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Kiss and I think Iron Maiden also. Unsure on third one though

I'd take and leave Iron Maiden nowadays. Great band but happy seeing then twice

Kids might play here hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Have MCD a deal now with Pairc uì caoimh always thought Aiken had a deal where only they could hire acts for it being the reason why the calibre of acts they have had in there was poor. Hopefully they can actually bring proper acts to Cork , obviously it will be westlife next year bit hopefully there will be more

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I went for Dublin myself - two standing for €113, including Ticketmaster charges and facilities fees (? are they new?).

The Sunday of a bank holiday weekend so no time off required. Now I just need to find a couch to sleep on to avoid a Dublin hotel price...

Abbey Court hostel on Bachelor's Walk if ya want to avoid Dublin hotel prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Have MCD a deal now with Pairc uaoimh always thought Aiken had a deal where only they could hire acts for it being the reason why the calibre of acts they have had in there was poor. Hopefully they can actually bring proper acts to Cork , obviously it will be westlife next year bit hopefully there will be more

Is Westlife confirmed for PUC Cork, I was hoping some other acts, how many concerts could they do in 1 year, just 1?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Westlife confirmed for PUC Cork, I was hoping some other acts, how many concerts could they do in 1 year, just 1?
    They said they were going to do a tour of Ireland and they are with MCD so we all made an educated guess. I dont know who else they could bring over to be honest any major act plays Dublin so who knows i wouldnt be getting my hopes up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Duffy98 wrote: »
    They said they were going to do a tour of Ireland and they are with MCD so we all made an educated guess. I dont know who else they could bring over to be honest any major act plays Dublin so who knows i wouldnt be getting my hopes up

Playing London the day before so not sure they would be back in Cork the following morning for an announcement but who knows!

Bruce Springsteen for Cork maybe ???

Doubt it myself but he did say hes touring with the E street in 2020

Bruce Springsteen for Cork maybe ???

Doubt it myself but he did say hes touring with the E street in 2020
    Hes aiken isnt he? He would fit the bill alright though would love Muse myself

Eod100 wrote: »
    Playing London the day before so not sure they would be back in Cork the following morning for an announcement but who knows!

They could easily make it over. Do hope it won't be them though

A Maiden 'Legacy of the Beast' gig would be phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

so MGMT then ;):D:cool:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Mushy wrote: »
    A Maiden 'Legacy of the Beast' gig would be phenomenal.

The Belfast show was brilliant ... one of their best performances of the times I've seen them.

Think Queen and Adam Lambert will play the RDS next summer

Queens popularity has been given massive shot with Bohemian Rhapsody. Hard to believe it was released almost a year ago

No doubt an onslaught of gig announcements will happen between now and near xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Think Queen and Adam Lambert will play the RDS next summer

Queens popularity has been given massive shot with Bohemian Rhapsody. Hard to believe it was released almost a year ago

No doubt an onslaught of gig announcements will happen between now and near xmas

I really hope it’s not the RDS. Hated it for Pink this year. Although having said that, no doubt when the announcement comes I’ll be straight inline for tickets!

I really hope it’s not the RDS. Hated it for Pink this year. Although having said that, no doubt when the announcement comes I’ll be straight inline for tickets!

Saw them twice great shows but tbh this new tour looks very similar tbh

Remember marley park had a great support bill

Seen a lot of bands the last few years who are touring/may be touring again in the future. With ticket prices nowadays you will have to pick and choose

Garth Brooks needs to come back and put that farce behind us but not counting on it tbh. Hes making his $$$ stateside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Seen a lot of bands the last few years who are touring/may be touring again in the future. With ticket prices nowadays you will have to pick and choose

Garth Brooks needs to come back and put that farce behind us but not counting on it tbh. Hes making his $$ stateside

Yeah The Darkness were great. Could’ve done without Bob G. & Co., thought they (mostly pre-show refreshments Bob) were awful tbh.

I never thought I’d ever hear Queen songs performed live by Queen so I’ll be going to as many gigs of theirs that I can while they’re still touring.

Can’t see Garth coming here anytime soon tbh, that whole episode was an absolute shambles and he’s too proud to come back and try again for less shows I’d imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Yeah The Darkness were great. Could’ve done without Bob G. & Co., thought they (mostly pre-show refreshments Bob) were awful tbh.

I never thought I’d ever hear Queen songs performed live by Queen so I’ll be going to as many gigs of theirs that I can while they’re still touring.

Can’t see Garth coming here anytime soon tbh, that whole episode was an absolute shambles and he’s too much of a control freak to come back and try again for less shows I’d imagine.

FYP

I genuinely thought the boomtown rats were the highlight of the gig last year, and I'm a massive queen/darkness fan

Can’t see Garth coming here anytime soon tbh, that whole episode was an absolute shambles and he’s too proud to come back and try again for less shows I’d imagine.

I quite like Bob and the rats that day but his rants were quite annoying

Brooks need to told about our law and that he can't. He made some fool of himself around the time of trying to get them back on. He could easily come here and do a nationwide tour and still make millions. A cowboy indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Garth Brooks needs to come back and put that farce behind us but not counting on it tbh. Hes making his $$$ stateside
    Yeah, can you imagine he doesn't come back? It'll be the greatest national tragedy since Cromwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

the-who-5.jpg

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whitneytfc

Irish dates incoming I assume 35eed97401cc1448118b290603aeec8d-full.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

whitneytfc wrote: »
    Irish dates incoming I assume 35eed97401cc1448118b290603aeec8d-full.jpg

PuC date on Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

1975 3arena March 3rd

Advertisement