Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

bennyl10 wrote: »
    PuC date on Monday

Looks like a poster for a new Star Trek

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

will they really fill Wembley?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whitneytfc

loyatemu wrote: »
    will they really fill Wembley?

Yeah, I don't see it happening considering they toured the UK last year. Maybe if they promote it hard on all of the Morning Shows and the Irish expats show up they will get a decent crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

extra Supergrass date added @ the Olympia, Sat. 15th Feb (the Friday gig seems to be sold out).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Serious amount of gigs after been announced in the last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Serious amount of gigs after been announced in the last week

Then a brief break for 11 or 12 weeks before the absolute onslaught in early December.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

loyatemu wrote: »
    extra Supergrass date added @ the Olympia, Sat. 15th Feb (the Friday gig seems to be sold out).

strange, apparently only the gigs that are going to be real strugglers to sell get put on here at weekends, with easy sell-outs put on during the week for us gullible Paddys, according to a few posters on here.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

strange, apparently only the gigs that are going to be real strugglers to sell get put on here at weekends, with easy sell-outs put on during the week for us gullible Paddys, according to a few posters on here.... :rolleyes:

Its largely the rule yes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Westlife it is apparently for the Pairc Ui Caoimh announcement tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how it sells after the 5 Belfast gigs and 2 gigs in Dublin earlier in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Eod100 wrote: »
    Westlife it is apparently for the Pairc Ui Caoimh announcement tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how it sells after the 5 Belfast gigs and 2 gigs in Dublin earlier in the summer.
    It will sell out no problem theres no doubt about that. Ive a feeling that they will add a second "due to phenomenal demand" if it sells out , its a shame that not one decent act has played in there since its re-development all safe bets unfortunately why couldn't they have added a green day gig down here would of done very well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,784 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Eod100 wrote: »

Ladies weekend away/hens etc will sell this and the mega fans

As the other poster said safe bets for this venue

We might see Bruce and/or u2 play there down the line but its doubtful. Seems a place for family friendly acts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

PTH2009 wrote: »

We might see Bruce and/or u2 play there down the line but its doubtful. Seems a place for family friendly acts

Ah ueah, was just thinking there might have been pent up demand for this year's ones as hadn't toured in a few years. But yeah say it should sell out either way! Hopefully Bruce comes back alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

PTH2009 wrote: »

Wasnt last year their fareweill tour? :rolleyes:

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Wasnt last year their fareweill tour? :rolleyes:
    Its the make as much money as possible tour at this stage , would you blame them though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

ATN crowd will be happy.....

Black Midi
    Button Factory
    14th February 2020

Perfect romantic night out :pac:

Simply Red October 13th 2020.....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Simply Red October 13th 2020.....
    A full year away for Simply Red..

.. probably no need to be holding back the year! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Basq wrote: »
    A full year away for Simply Red..

.. probably no need to be holding back the year! :pac:

Need to announce it and get ticket revenue in now. Money's too tight to mention. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Stars

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

The HU are playing The Academy 16th Feb, gig announced this morning..

Bitta Mongolian Folk Rock, sure why not

I've really enjoyed these guys this year, might pop along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I thought they were a tribute band of the Who

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I thought they were a tribute band of the Who

They are not

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Westlife was the big act for Cork. Ffs couldn't they do any better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

rob316 wrote: »
    Westlife was the big act for Cork. Ffs couldn't they do any better?

It'll be a big seller. I'm sure that's all MCD and the Pairc care about. I've no interest but it'll be a hit.

I just hope that it's the start of a longer running partnership that might see some more decent shows down the line. MCD can pull from a bigger pool than Aiken, who had previously run the Pairc shows.

It'll be a big seller. I'm sure that's all MCD and the Pairc care about. I've no interest but it'll be a hit.

I just hope that it's the start of a longer running partnership that might see some more decent shows down the line. MCD can pull from a bigger pool than Aiken, who had previously run the Pairc shows.
    In fairness they are actually brining lots of acts to Cork the Independent park dates were a big success last year they nearly all sold out apart from Lauryn Hill. Im hoping that they just bring a band like Muse , pumpkins or some act of that calibre , thing is with Cork gigs is that they will nearly always sell out cause of the novelty of it being in Cork. As long as they dont keep putting Safe bets in there then ill put up with the odd act like Westlife I wonder how many gigs they are allowed to put in there as far as I know local residents do get to go to the gigs held in there. It could be for acts that arent just big enough to be put in Croker but bigger than the rds

• Registered Users Posts: 37,784 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

System of a down touring Europe next year. Would love a show here

Aviva stadium most likely out of the running for concerts in 2020 due to the euros but never knw as the matches will be done and dusted by the end of June

Croke Park will prob host some but really depends on who's touring and if there big enough

• Registered Users Posts: 85,069 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It will sell out no problem theres no doubt about that. Ive a feeling that they will add a second "due to phenomenal demand" if it sells out , its a shame that not one decent act has played in there since its re-development all safe bets unfortunately why couldn't they have added a green day gig down here would of done very well

I'm hoping Coldplay for Cork

I'd say Westlife will do 2 Cork dates

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm hoping Coldplay for Cork

I'd say Westlife will do 2 Cork dates
    I can't see that happening just because of the fact that they can shift 80,000 tickets in a couple of minutes at Croke , why would they downgrade to only sell half that amount in pairc uí caoimh, personally id love to see Coldplay at Slane i think they would sell it out no problem. Is there actually any news/rumours on who is actually going to play Croke Park next year? What big acts are even touring next year who would actually sell the place out.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,069 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I can't see that happening just because of the fact that they can shift 80,000 tickets in a couple of minutes at Croke , why would they downgrade to only sell half that amount in pairc uaoimh, personally id love to see Coldplay at Slane i think they would sell it out no problem. Is there actually any news/rumours on who is actually going to play Croke Park next year? What big acts are even touring next year who would actually sell the place out.

BTS :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Sturgill Simpson playing Vicar St on Feb 1st

Advertisement