Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Buecifora

• Subscribers Posts: 41,137 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Buecifora

Nucibuera ;)

Why do you hate Ruan, Buer?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Why do you hate Ruan, Buer?

Buer hates heroic players like Pienaar and Hayes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Buerfaced hatemonger........;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Now all I have to do is ensure Billy Burns, Jordi Murphy and Jack McGrath never get a cap from here on thereby ensuring nobody will ever join Ulster again. It's all coming together.

Buer wrote: »
    Now all I have to do is ensure Billy Burns, Jordi Murphy and Jack McGrath never get a cap from here on thereby ensuring nobody will ever join Ulster again. It's all coming together.

So it's all just a cunning stunt......:D

Ah that's just rubbish.

I don't hate Pienaar.

Buer hates (heroic players like Pienaar) and Hayes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,971 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Buer, don't make me say it.

• Advertisement

O'Toole and Addison released back, apparently. Only ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Odd that Addison wasn't released last week

Anyway, if Mccloskey isn't available this is hopefully a chance for Stewart Moore.

Isn't Hume back?

And Lowry?

So a backline out of Baloucoune, Gilroy, Kernohan, Ludik, Hume, Moore, Marshall, Addison, Lowry.

And Lowry?

So a backline out of Baloucoune, Gilroy, Kernohan, Ludik, Hume, Moore, Marshall, Addison, Lowry.

Can any of them play scrum half?

bilston wrote: »
    Can any of them play scrum half?

Looks like Shanahan and Johnston at half back

Balacoune and Ludik winging it, probably Hume and Marshall in the centre with Addison at 15 and Lowry and Gilroy on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Thought Johnston did some really positive things when he came on last week. Just probably tried to force the game a little towards the end though. Hopefully that will stand to him this week though.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,137 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Fairly honest interview there and underlines the cut throat nature of sport. I've had the impression in the past that Tuohy is a fairly outspoken person and is potentially difficult to get along with. Whether that's because he's a pain in the arse or simply because he's not afraid to question things, I don't know. Anyone who plays for 7 different clubs in their career is potentially someone who struggles to click with those around them, though.

I was a big fan of him as a player though. He was the type of lock we didn't really produce traditionally. He was mobile with good hands. I recall his performance against NZ down there as being a highlight where he was popping up everywhere, carrying with aggression and really showing that he belonged at that level. It's a shame that he couldn't maintain that level of performance throughout his career and things have really fizzled out having represented 4 teams in the past 2 years.

Sounds like a fairly horrendous injury that ended his career too. Hopefully he gets things back on track. I wouldn't mind seeing more of his thoughts in the media given his frank approach.

• Advertisement

Ulster team to play Toyota Cheetahs, Guinness PRO14 Round 12, Saturday 22 February at Kingspan Stadium, kick-off 7.35pm:

(15-9) Michael Lowry, Robert Baloucoune, Luke Marshall, James Hume, Louis Ludik, Bill Johnston, David Shanahan.

(1-8) Eric O'Sullivan, Adam McBurney, Marty Moore, Alan O'Connor (Capt.), Kieran Treadwell, Nick Timoney, Jordi Murphy, Marcell Coetzee.

Replacements: John Andrew, Andrew Warwick, Tom O'Toole, David O'Connor, Sean Reidy, Jonny Stewart, Stewart Moore, Craig Gilroy.

Is Rea Sr injured? Strongest team we could manage otherwise.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    they give ketamine for pain relief???? never knew that

I had ketamine and morphine after surgery in 2017. Bloody awful stuff. No pain at all but really unpleasant experience.

Buer wrote: »
    Fairly honest interview there and underlines the cut throat nature of sport. I've had the impression in the past that Tuohy is a fairly outspoken person and is potentially difficult to get along with. Whether that's because he's a pain in the arse or simply because he's not afraid to question things, I don't know. Anyone who plays for 7 different clubs in their career is potentially someone who struggles to click with those around them, though.

I was a big fan of him as a player though. He was the type of lock we didn't really produce traditionally. He was mobile with good hands. I recall his performance against NZ down there as being a highlight where he was popping up everywhere, carrying with aggression and really showing that he belonged at that level. It's a shame that he couldn't maintain that level of performance throughout his career and things have really fizzled out having represented 4 teams in the past 2 years.

Sounds like a fairly horrendous injury that ended his career too. Hopefully he gets things back on track. I wouldn't mind seeing more of his thoughts in the media given his frank approach.

7 clubs? That is a lot, but he was at Ulster for a fairly long period of time. Off the top of my head I'd have said he was here for 5 or 6 years, if not longer

bilston wrote: »
    7 clubs? That is a lot, but he was at Ulster for a fairly long period of time. Off the top of my head I'd have said he was here for 5 or 6 years.

Yup, Ulster for about 7 years and was with the others for about a combined total of 6 years. Season at Exeter, season at Gloucester, couple of years in Bristol including a loan to Leicester and a joker with SF before signing for Vannes.

I think he moved on from Ulster because he didn't see eye to eye with Kiss, no? Was pretty abrupt, as i recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

I think he moved on from Ulster because he didn't see eye to eye with Kiss, no? Was pretty abrupt, as i recall.

He wasn’t wrong tho.

No he wasn't.

• Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea he left us in the middle of a season.

awec wrote: »
    Yea he left us in the middle of a season.

They both did! But actually, Touhy left under Allen Clarke. That's no surprise either.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

They both did! But actually, Touhy left under Allen Clarke. That's no surprise either.

The coaching ticket at that time set us back quite a few years.

IRFU imposition of Les Kiss one of the worst ever decisions they’ve made.

Advertisement