Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

That has been a dreadful first half by Ulster. Do they care?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭launish116

Really want Faddes to come good! Really isn’t helping his case sadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Scythica

More of a collective rant this rather than just tonight but for god sake do we not have anyone else but Shanahan? He can be good at what he does but lacks in so many other areas it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 16,960 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Losing to Ospreys is a sackabke offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Scythica wrote: »
    More of a collective rant this rather than just tonight but for god sake do we not have anyone else but Shanahan? He can be good at what he does but lacks in so many other areas it seems

I'm not watching, just following the score, but the gulf between Shanahan and Cooney is massive

• Advertisement

Well spotted there by the ref. Moved the ball on the ground.

Great try. Ref letting Ospreys away with falling on the wrong side all too often and Ulster not keeping their feet at the ruck as a result, thought ye were going to end up pinged there for sealing off.

Great kick from Johnson. Got to say I'm not impressed with Ulster's kicking this half, only getting away with it as Ospreys are no better. Bit aimless, literally and figuratively.

Some come back. Two great kicks in a row from Johnson delivered that try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Criminally stupid from Ulster. Ospreys going nowhere then they handed them what could be the winning points.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,570 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

awec wrote: »
    Rubbish.

Even the Kings beat the Ospreys. Guess Ulster have a lot in common with the Kings playing away to Munster too

Watching the replay on Eir Sport. So far McCloskey looks good. Bowling over players and getting nice offloads away.

But McBurney looks brutal. I remember thinking he was one of the standouts of the U20 side that got to the World Championship final in 2016. But whereas Ryan, Porter and Stockdale have gone strength to strength, with Deegan not far behind, McBurney hasn't developed at near the same rate.

Faddes is a bit rubbish.

Clegg wrote: »
    Faddes is a bit rubbish.

Been very disappointing so far.

McBurney conceding a penalty for playing the 9 is downright stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Been very disappointing so far.

Good at scoring tries, rest of his game is a bit sh1t tbh.

Didn't watch it, not going to watch it...a big opportunity lost...they MUST bounce back next week.

We are probably less likely to see a bit of rotation now as well which is a real shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

McBurney conceding a penalty for playing the 9 is downright stupid.

It's very mcburney

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

bilston wrote: »
    Didn't watch it, not going to watch it...a big opportunity lost...they MUST bounce back next week.

We are probably less likely to see a bit of rotation now as well which is a real shame.

Cheetahs have a handy enough run in. 6 home games from their remaining 10 plus away games to Dragons and Kings. Ulster and Glasgow are their other remaining games. They'll be targeting at least 7 wins from those. And could get them too.

Ulster could do with opening a bit of a gap next week. With Benetton, Glasgow and Connacht away plus Edinburgh, Glasgow and Leinster at home there are a few tough games in their run in. Widening the gap next weekend should give Ulster enough breathing space. But they cant afford more slip ups like last night.

• Advertisement

Bit of a nightmare season for Faddes. Struggling for form for the majority.of it and will now miss the last three months of it.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1229465745219883008?s=19

Bit of a nightmare season for Faddes. Struggling for form for the majority.of it and will now miss the last three months of it.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1229465745219883008?s=19

Shame for Faddes...things have not worked out for him at all.

Great to hear that Hume is back. He is a terrific player who at the start of the season was one of our best players. Gives us another option in the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

So who got the DM telling them to stop spreading the rumour?! My money is on awec!

Wasn't me!

Also see in the paper that we went after Pienaar a year after he left to come back as a backup, but Pienaar said a certain individual in the IRFU wouldn't change his mind.

Nucifora OUT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Wasn't me!

Also see in the paper that we went after Pienaar a year after he left to come back as a backup, but Pienaar said a certain individual in the IRFU wouldn't change his mind.

Nucifora OUT.

Thank goodness for that. With Pienaar blocking the way, Shanahan wouldn't have ascended to the incredible heights he's currently playing at and Stewart wouldn't have gotten the chance to become such a staple in the Ulster teamsheet every week. Thanks to Nucifora Ulster is now a hotbed of scrumhalf talent - a conveyor belt I think they call it in the south - and I eagerly await his next cunning plan.

Thank goodness for that. With Pienaar blocking the way, Shanahan wouldn't have ascended to the incredible heights he's currently playing at and Stewart wouldn't have gotten the chance to become such a staple in the Ulster teamsheet every week. Thanks to Nucifora Ulster is now a hotbed of scrumhalf talent - a conveyor belt I think they call it in the south - and I eagerly await his next cunning plan.

They well and truly backed the wrong horse in Jonny Stewart over Rhys O'Donnell.

Finlay looks decent, but I'd need to see more. Haven't seen Doak play, but to be playing Ulster A while still at school suggests he is a good prospect.

Bringing Pienaar back as a back up would have been far more sensible. In fact it's hard to see the downside to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,206 ✭✭✭✭Buer

If Pienaar came back in that role, I would really struggle to see how Cooney would have reached the heights he currently is achieving. His game time would have dropped (regardless of the "limited" game time suggestion), his role within the squad in terms of leadership wouldn't be the same and I believe that would filter into his game. We've seen him take on a huge amount of responsibility on the field of late and drive the team forward. If Pienaar returned, it's easy to see how that would have been diluted.

Regardless of the esteem he's held in, the benefit of Pienaar's presence at Ulster would already have been secured in his first stint. Perhaps if he had returned in a player/coach capacity, I could see some value in it but I'm sure he still had playing ambitions.

Buer wrote: »
    If Pienaar came back in that role, I would really struggle to see how Cooney would have reached the heights he currently is achieving. His game time would have dropped (regardless of the "limited" game time suggestion), his role within the squad in terms of leadership wouldn't be the same and I believe that would filter into his game. We've seen him take on a huge amount of responsibility on the field of late and drive the team forward. If Pienaar returned, it's easy to see how that would have been diluted.

Regardless of the esteem he's held in, the benefit of Pienaar's presence at Ulster would already have been secured in his first stint. Perhaps if he had returned in a player/coach capacity, I could see some value in it but I'm sure he still had playing ambitions.

Have you just outed yourself as David Nucifora Buer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

FFS Buer

Advertisement