Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭launish116

Agreed, get rid of the rust for Cheetah’s but would still like some academy to get some game time/experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Nobody heard any reports from the URSC thing last night at Ravenhill?

Also - for Belfastians. Franklin's Sports Bar. Haven't been in yet but they have 11 screens and show everything. Not only all the Pro14 games - they're showing Leinster Senior Cup this week. I mean, everything

• Administrators Posts: 53,570 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Also - for Belfastians. Franklin's Sports Bar. Haven't been in yet but they have 11 screens and show everything. Not only all the Pro14 games - they're showing Leinster Senior Cup this week. I mean, everything

Is that underneath The Perch?

You really do mean everything, they're showing some eastern european ice hockey game on Thursday. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,206 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Televising the future Ulster players. Smart. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

fair play to Ferg...

awec wrote: »
    Is that underneath The Perch?

You really do mean everything, they're showing some eastern european ice hockey game on Thursday. :pac:

That's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Reidy has a new deal.

jacothelad wrote: »
    Reidy has a new deal.

Good. Consistently a very good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭launish116

Former Ulster Academy prop Craig Trenier has signed for Harlequinns. One that has got away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 greensox

jacothelad wrote: »
    Reidy has a new deal.

Great news & well deserved - rarely ever lets the team down and can play 6/7 and even on occasion 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

https://www.ulsterrugby.com/preview/ludik-returns-to-ulster-team-for-ospreys-trip/#preview

Ulster team to play Ospreys, Guinness PRO14 Round 11, Saturday 15 February at Liberty Stadium, kick-off 5.15pm (Live on Premier Sports 1 and eir Sport 1):

(15-9) Matt Faddes, Robert Baloucoune, Luke Marshall, Stuart McCloskey, Louis Ludik, Billy Burns, David Shanahan.
    (1-8) Eric O'Sullivan, Adam McBurney, Marty Moore, Alan O'Connor (Capt.), Kieran Treadwell, Matthew Rea, Sean Reidy, Marcell Coetzee.
    Replacements: John Andrew, Jack McGrath, Tom O'Toole, David O'Connor, Jordi Murphy, Jonny Stewart, Bill Johnston, Craig Gilroy.

Glad to see Ludik back. That's a strong squad and I'd like us to rack up some points during the international window.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

https://www.ulsterrugby.com/preview/ludik-returns-to-ulster-team-for-ospreys-trip/#preview

Ulster team to play Ospreys, Guinness PRO14 Round 11, Saturday 15 February at Liberty Stadium, kick-off 5.15pm (Live on Premier Sports 1 and eir Sport 1):

(15-9) Matt Faddes, Robert Baloucoune, Luke Marshall, Stuart McCloskey, Louis Ludik, Billy Burns, David Shanahan.
    (1-8) Eric O'Sullivan, Adam McBurney, Marty Moore, Alan O'Connor (Capt.), Kieran Treadwell, Matthew Rea, Sean Reidy, Marcell Coetzee.
    Replacements: John Andrew, Jack McGrath, Tom O'Toole, David O'Connor, Jordi Murphy, Jonny Stewart, Bill Johnston, Craig Gilroy.

Glad to see Ludik back. That's a strong squad and I'd like us to rack up some points during the international window.

Interesting that Murphy is on the bench. Another sign that he is off somewhere else at the end of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

bilston wrote: »
    Interesting that Murphy is on the bench. Another sign that he is off somewhere else at the end of the season?

Leavy coming back from injury could be a blessing for Ulster - less game time for others. Come on down Will Connors!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

bilston wrote: »

Is there actually talk of this?

Think it's just second guessing. But he came to Ulster to fight for a place in the Ireland squad, which hasn't panned out for him. Big bucks in England/France might beckon.

Speculation I think. I haven't heard anything substantive, but as Paul says there is some logic to it.

On the topic of contracts, Ulster still have some big players to renew...

Jordi Murphy
    Will Addison
    Jack McGrath (apparently anyway)

I assume Addison is a formality, not as confident about the other two, particularly Murphy.

If I was Murphy I'd leave to be honest. May as well go earn a nice pension somewhere.

Hitting his prime contract years, no test career left, may as well chase the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Interesting that Dragons match vs Treviso is postponed but Ospreys vs Ulster game gets go ahead. Maybe storm is to hit Wales later.

Interesting that Dragons match vs Treviso is postponed but Ospreys vs Ulster game gets go ahead. Maybe storm is to hit Wales later.

Was wondering about the Ulster game. Reckon it must be under some sort of threat?

• Advertisement

Once again Ulster not on live. Eir are a farce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

awec wrote: »
    Once again Ulster not on live. Eir are a farce.

Eir Sport 2, no?

Eir Sport 2, no?

Not available to sky customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

It’s on Premier Sports 1 at 5:00. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Match on s4c also.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Match on s4c also.

Brilliant! Thanks. No Eir sport 2 on Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭OldRio

Sweet. Tackling was a bit.....

McCloskey looks like he’s on a mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Scythica

Sinbad_NI wrote: »
    McCloskey looks like he’s on a mission.

Shame the rest of them dont..

• Advertisement

Scythica wrote: »
    Shame the rest of them dont..