Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Yes, I like this team, particualrly the pack.

Hopefully all is OK for Jacob and family.

Lowry was good on the wing against the Dragons a few weeks ago, albeit it was the Dragons...Tough on McIlroy though who has been pretty good lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Just need Lavanini to do Lavanini things and spend a minimum of 10mins in the bin

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

He's completely lost it. Hasn't had a card all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Shehal

I'm sorry but I'm never going to believe Ulster are serious about improving as a club when they are wasting money on players like Kitshoff and not putting that money into buying a proper fly half, instead putting Nathan Doak there…

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

9/10 have started well in fairness

Great call by the ref there

• Advertisement

Hopefully learn the lesson today that actually having a fly half is important in rugby.

Having said this they'll probably buy another back three player, continue to ignore the fly half issue and then act surprised when they go nowhere as a club.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Jesus Ulster really needed that try.

0-7 up against Clermont after 20 minutes then conceded 20 points without reply. Going in 13 points down would've been a killer.

The worst part is Clermont arent even that good, they've some good individuals but as a collective they are absolutely there for the taking if Ulster were screwed on, which sadly 90% of the time they arent.

Ulster got lucky last week they played a side that somehow is even dumber than they are but sadly that isnt the case this week and are being brutally exposed.

The sad but funny part there is just knew as soon as Doak crossed that 22 line that he was going to kick it straight out…What is it with Ulster players and making themselves look like clowns all the time, surely its deliberate at this point as I dont think its truly possible to be this dumb consistently simply by accident?

A great addition by Doak to be the main clown (i.e 10) at the circus for next season it seems…

Jeepers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Scythica

Too early this game for us.

Give the lads gametime, get home, get the wasters out.

I mean it's funny how the players are doing their best to imitate a circus performance but being real they really are an embarrassment to themselves and their club today, they got lucky last week and today got the reality check of a life time of just how much of a shambles they are as a club.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

This is hard to watch at this stage.

Ulster think at this stage because they've gifted Clermont loads of scores today that Clermont will do the same!

Conceding 50 points to this lot, **** hell Ulster this is a new low.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭launish116

Ulster really are soft, key players ageing, no depth in key positions, players out of position, no leadership.

If I was Murphy I'd run a mile. A good coach like that doesn't need a black mark like Ulster on future job applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Rugbyf565

. .

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Rugbyf565

Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Richie Murphy has a feckin job on his hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

He does, and it was never going g to take a month and a half.

Crushing, disappointing defeat, but all we can really hope for this season is to make sure we have Euro rugby next season.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Ferris is a bit dull.

He's an awful commentator. Exactly the sort of analysis you hear from a pub bore. It's all about "who wants it more" and "who's prepared to put thier bodies on the line".

His remedy for every malaise is "hit harder".

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭bingobango12

Said before he’s like the Roy Keane of rugby. Clearly has little to no actual analysis skills and constantly goes to who wants it more, who can hit harder, is up for the fight etc etc.

McCloskey is spot on, what even is the point of that tweet? Just randomly picking your team from 10 years ago.

Confidence must be completely on the floor with that Ulster squad. A big job for whoever takes on that head coach role next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Hey boy

Well, one thing that could be said is that the management is pants going by the quality or lack thereof.

I wouldn't worry about what people are saying on twitter with the amount of crap he and his teammate have been serving up this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭launish116

Tweet isn't great imo, but you can't deny Ferris's passion.

The game has moved on significantly, but you'd still pick the majority of the old team over the new team even into days standards! sadly that just highlights Uslter's failings over the years.

True. He has passion. Little to no tactical nous, little understanding of the big picture, zero idea how to run a province. But he does have passion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

Maybe Ferris is making the point that man for man, compared to 10 years ago, this actually isn't a poor Ulster team in terms of the personnel available, and that they should be a lot better than they are?

• Advertisement

Was thinking to myself watching Leinster yesterday that given that they have 3 international out halfs and a 4th likely on the way that really we should be able to sign a NIQ 10. Personally I'd rather get one of those Leinster 10s, but if they don't want to come then so be it (I don't blame them), but then what's the issue on Ulster signing a NIQ 10 until we eventually produce a top quality 10 ourselves?

If the answer is money then so be it. But if the Kitshoff money is now available then hopefully we can do something.

Advertisement