Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Hannah : Fri 26 - Sat 27 April 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Looks like another needless red warning shocker from ME again....

Are you in Clare? Because the reports from there seem to be holding up with the red warning. The red warning wasn't for Dublin, it was Kerry and Clare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Looks like another needless red warning shocker from ME again....

All roads lead to Liscannor.....

Only a boulder could pass you on the road....

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

Only kicked in in the last half hour or so in Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Extremely blustery here in Waterford City. No rain at the moment, just very high winds.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭mobil 222

barneyrub wrote: »
    You are right there ,all of a sudden
    It is actually very loud,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

The whole house is shaking here, cant hear the tv at its normal level. Can feel constant vibrations through the floor from the gusts.
    Serious wind and gusts outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

barneyrub wrote: »

Yep first wind of this storm here. Not too bad but It's cold too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

Got windy at ten past midnight in Sligo town.

As soon as me pressure gauge started rising.

Could be a few hours of this now.

Wind gusts further South seem to be on the up

Even Cork 63 knots at midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 15,875 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Have to remember I suppose that not everyone experiencing this storm is on Boards either.

We will know more tomorrow from reports I suppose.

Stay safe.

pauldry wrote: »
    Got windy at ten past midnight in Sligo town.

As soon as me pressure gauge started rising.

Could be a few hours of this now.

Wind gusts further South seem to be on the up

Even Cork 63 knots at midnight

63? That was unexpected, there was a really windy moment alright ! Could still get interesting it seems

@Sryan the number 1 spot on your record list has officially been tied at cork airport it seems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭tiegan

Definitely orange warning territory here in south Tipp. Only Darwin has been worse in recent memory. Hoping wind will start to ease a little within the hour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

Winds are beginning to pick up again here in Kildare now

winds definitely picking up again in cork city, hitting the house pretty hard can hear the window rattle.

Just checked maps and am 2km away from the airport as the crow flies, about 100m below the airport aswell. Would say what the airport reports is pretty much what I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Why was my post removed? Because I dared to state the indisputable fact that no where on land experienced winds of red level warning?

Why was my post removed? Because I dared to state the indisputable fact that no where on land experienced winds of red level warning?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110031696&postcount=86
    it was moved to the proper thread, along with my post

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Duggie2012

Got really gusty now in sligo all of a sudden with driving rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ElWalrus

Still very strong gusts here outside ennis. Lampposts rattling away and you can hear stuff being dragged along outside. Power has been gone for over an hour now. Just lying in bed listening the the howling gales!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

tiegan wrote: »
    Definitely orange warning territory here in south Tipp. Only Darwin has been worse in recent memory. Hoping wind will start to ease a little within the hour

Definitely on par with storm Darwin here in north Kerry but Darwin went through quickly this storm is consistently staying stronger for longer

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

nthclare wrote: »
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It’s absolutely bitter here in cork city. Christ there’s a cold wind.

You die hard lol
    When I was living in Cork no weather would stop me from going to Sir Henry's lol
    ? Was that meant to be funny ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Steviesol wrote: »
    Still wild in Schull West Cork.

'Twas always wild around there. Are the smokes as good as ever? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

Wind certainly on the increase now in Kildare. Can hear a few gusts on the house.

endainoz wrote: »
    Nobody ever finished that quote, it actually ends with 'but the cattle are well fed.' because of the comonage grass in the Burren, animals were able to thrive even in harsh conditions

Wasn't Cromwell himself either, but it was one of the people who he sent there.

Colonel Tommy Blood, I think. He had a descendant in Dublin up to some years ago.

fryup wrote: »
    my car is parked near trees..should i venture out and park somewhere safer?:confused:

I'm sure the danger has passed for you now, but I always move my car when a storm is predicted.

Wind picking up in South County Dublin.

I was a bit annoyed with the weather forecast on TV. There projections showed strong winds on the Dublin coast around 1am, but it's still set to a code yellow. Also no mention of Limerick, but trees were already down in places there.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

Duggie2012 wrote: »
    Got really gusty now in sligo all of a sudden with driving rain.

Lashing against the window now. Should've gone to bed an hour ago before it kicked off here!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    ? Was that meant to be funny ?

I was saying I know how cold it is and when you mentioned Cork it reminded me when I lived in the City I would head out on the town in all weather's, nothing e ever stopped me from standing outside Sir Henry's

I often went in like shaggy drowned dog.

So when you mentioned that it was cold out there, automatically you brought back happy memories of my time in Cork.

Sorry if my thick Clare banter offended you, it wasn't intentional.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Wind picking up in greater Dublin now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I left Westport at 10pm. Drizzle and a light breeze. No noticeable wind until the M17 after Tuam. Rain showers on and off. It wasn't until I hit Athlone on the M6 that the rain became heavy and constant. The wind had picked up too. From Kilbeggan through Tullamore, Mountmellick and Portlaoise I had driving rain and very strong winds. Reached the Laois/Kilkenny border a few mins ago and the wind is howling, but the rain has stopped. Not the best of drives, but home safe.

EDIT: Rain spilling down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

ffs a gale, nothing more. this storm hysteria has to stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Very disappointed with the posting quality this evening!

Advertisement