Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Hannah : Fri 26 - Sat 27 April 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

The highest gust recorded tonight,so far, was 122km/h @ Mace head followed by 114 km/r @Sherkin and Valentia

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Jpmarn wrote: »
    Some aviation news. Ryanair flights from East Midlands and London Gatwick to Shannon has diverted to Dublin where Runway 16 is active. The Aer Lingus Flight from London Heathrow due in at 2100 is cancelled. Two Aer Lingus ATR 72 flights are landing on a short runway 25 at Cork Airport. At the time of writing the Ryanair flight from Gran Canaria to Cork has just left the holding pattern and is flying towards Dublin.

Aer Lingus EI3807 is enroute to Cork from Edinburgh at present, after flying over Dublin. Whats the bets they'll have to go back to DUB! :D :pac: :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

GoneHome wrote: »
    This is definitely in Darwin theritory if not worse here in South Limerick

Remember the roof flew off the boat club with Darwin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Really ramping up here in South Tipp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

leahyl wrote: »
    Ok it’s really bad in cork City now
    Shadylou wrote: »
    Still nothing happening in cork city
    So which one is it? You both can`t be right. Cork is not that huge a city.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

nthclare wrote: »
    Im North of Corofin down a valley in the Burren, hopefully the landscape will be the same in the morning...

Ive the chainsaw in the boot, helmet and safety gear.

The ash blew out my fireplace earlier, if a herd of wild goats arrived outside id bring them in its so wild.

I thought they said about the Burren that there wasn't enough clay to bury a man, enough water to drown him nor a tree from which to hang him?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

So which is it? You both cant be right. Cork is not that huge a city.

Nothing much happening up high on the northside

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Gusts picking up again in cork city. I think the north side of the city will be windier this time then me earlier today which was coming from the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Remember the roof flew off the boat club with Darwin

Yes seems every bit as bad here now but that time it was in the evening so if it happens now it'll be the middle of the night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

leahyl wrote: »
    Ok it’s really bad in cork City now

? A bit breezy out the Lough is all.

Edit: thats even stopped now. Nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Cliffs of Moher 42 gust 63 kts at 10 pm.

Danno wrote: »
    I thought they said about the Burren that there wasn't enough clay to bury a man, enough water to drown him nor a tree from which to hang him?

That was Ollie Cromwell, I wouldn't believe a word he says lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

The highest gust recorded tonight,so far, was 122km/h @ Mace head followed by 114 km/r @Sherkin and Valentia

Only has a record history back to 2004 but that Mace Head gust is its highest wind gust for April beating 65 knots on 15 April 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭2016

Peaking in East Clare now. Fortunate that the Red Alert is over in a few minutes so the storm will be forced to knock it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My bed is trembling! Not me; the wind is getting under the floor somehow... something flying out there.. Oh my poor plants will be destroyed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

2016 wrote: »
    Peaking in East Clare now. Fortunate that the Red Alert is over in a few minutes so the storm will be forced to knock it off.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

To explain Cork airport a bit. There's 2 runways one shorter than the other. The main one faces South/North so cross winds from the West mean the airport can't operate with bigger jets. The props have a choice so can land into the westerly shorter runway.
    So rather than it being exceptional windy it's the wind direction that's vital

Graces7 wrote: »
    My bed is trembling! Not me; the wind is getting under the floor somehow... something flying out there.. Oh my poor plants will be destroyed...

Call the priest, your house is possessed...

11pm, highest gusts so far

Mace head 120km/h
    Shannon 119km/h
    Sherkin 114km/h
    Valentia 114km/h

Interesting idea that the met alert has the power to stop the storm. Rather think it is the other way round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Steviesol

Still wild in Schull West Cork.

North Clare is still howling.... Its turning around from a North West i think itll batter ye a bit more

11pm
    Shannon gusting 58 knots
    Cork Gusting 40 knots

Call the priest, your house is possessed...

They used to believe things like that not too long ago! REALLY! In the days they believed in the banshee...

And the idea of the priest getting out here!!!!!!!

Think it is the guttering rattling..

west mayo offshore...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

I thought this was a short lived thing, really picked up again here in the last hour.

600 FT asl - McGillycuddy Reeks - Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Have to agree definitely the worst the storm has been all evening in east clar. Really powerful. Its a red alright

Graces7 wrote: »
    They used to believe things like that not too long ago! REALLY! In the days they believed in the banshee...

And the idea of the priest getting out here!!!!!!!

Think it is the guttering rattling..

west mayo offshore...

Call him for the craic lol

Really rattling through south Laois at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

North westerlys are worse. Maybe because its hitting the room im 8n instead of out the back. Red warning aint over at 11 in Clare

• Advertisement

Call him for the craic lol

seriously. we are stranded in storms. No ferry or boat access and no air access either. ie no air ambulance. All the offshore islands are the same. Interesting.

Advertisement