Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saracens vs Munster, Sat 20th April, 3pm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

I'm sorry, but Vunipola supported Folau...he stands by his views...he is a homophobe..of that I have no doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Erik Shun wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but Vunipola supported Folau...he stands by his views...he is a homophobe..of that I have no doubt

I'll tell Billy. No doubt he'll include you in his prayers - he already prays regularly for the souls of all adulterers and gays, so adding in a couple of snowflakes won't be too much of a problem for him. (here, I'm assuming that snowflakes have souls, whether or not they admit to it!)

Squatter wrote: »
    I'll tell Billy. No doubt he'll include you in his prayers - he already prays regularly for the souls of all adulterers and gays, so adding in a couple of snowflakes won't be too much of a problem for him. (here, I'm assuming that snowflakes have souls, whether or not they admit to it!)

Ah no don't, I'm quite happy to go to hell

Erik Shun wrote: »
    Ah no don't, I'm quite happy to go to hell

Full of gays and a wide range of miscellaneous other degenerates from what Israel tells me - but don't worry, you'll fit in grand! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

It’s behind a paywall isn’t it?

Most of Jone's writing would be more at home on a toilet wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭twinytwo

is_that_so wrote: »
    Yeah, Garces was selective in what he spotted! For a neutral it was a pulsating match but not really the best quality. Saracens were dropping the ball over the place and disjointed at times, but had the game plan and the players to implement it.

Garces has always been like that though. Its like he decides what he is going to penalise before the game. So long as you don't do what he has decided to call you can get away with an awful lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

mfceiling wrote: »
    Most of Jone's writing would be more at home on a toilet bowl.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Not just an observation on yesterday but generally - is it just me or are lineouts allowed to go any which way now? Maybe it was the angle on TV but a load of Sarries seemed to go straight down their side and nowhere near the middle

Seems to be more commonplace to just let the game flow now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

leakyboots wrote: »
    Not just an observation on yesterday but generally - is it just me or are lineouts allowed to go any which way now? Maybe it was the angle on TV but a load of Sarries seemed to go straight down their side and nowhere near the middle

Seems to be more commonplace to just let the game flow now

I was at the game. Sitting on half way and was in line with/close to a couple and they definitely did not look straight. I thought I was just been overly critical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I was at the game. Sitting on half way and was in line with/close to a couple and they definitely did not look straight. I thought I was just been overly critical.

Yeah and I don't think it's limited to yesterday, I've been noticing it all season. The throw is straight but it's going straight to the attacking team's side, not down the middle. Refs dont seem to penalise it anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭twinytwo

leakyboots wrote: »
    Yeah and I don't think it's limited to yesterday, I've been noticing it all season. The throw is straight but it's going straight to the attacking team's side, not down the middle. Refs dont seem to penalise it anymore

At least i know im not going crazy now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

mfceiling wrote: »
    Most of Jone's writing would be more at home on a toilet wall.

I think you meant 'on a piece of used bog roll.'

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Congratulations to Saracens great performance yesterday. Vunipola was majestic and deservedly won MoTM performance. What a man. It's a pity that only 16000 pepple turned up to see a "European cup" semi-final.

Interesting perspective on the Folau (and by extension BV) affair from believer Ugo Moyne.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2019/apr/18/israel-folau-lifestyle-choice-rugby-union-ugo-monye

Interesting perspective on the Folau (and by extension BV) affair from believer Ugo Moyne.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2019/apr/18/israel-folau-lifestyle-choice-rugby-union-ugo-monye

Didn't he miss his first ever edition of his BBC live podcast to avoid having to discuss his views on this on air?

I gave up reading once he started going on about the disrespect towards his faith and his condescending attitude....not the brightest votive candle in the church imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I have no problem with religion, but fundamentalism in the very definition of intolerance. How can we respect a person's right to freedom, while affording the same rights to dogma that would eradicate it.

If a religion is guilty of intolerance, then it should face financial penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'm so sick of talking about Falou and Billy V :(

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sliabh 1956

After watching Leinster to day I am much more concerned about how far Munster have fallen behind them in nearly every facet of the game rather than worrying about the Ref. Billy V. and Farrell to me posters are avoiding the really important
    question are Munster rugby at a point where it is no longer competitive at the business end of Europe and Pro 14 after this weekend I think there is cause for concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

After watching Leinster to day I am much more concerned about how far Munster have fallen behind them in nearly every facet of the game rather than worrying about the Ref. Billy V. and Farrell to me posters are avoiding the really important
    question are Munster rugby at a point where it is no longer competitive at the business end of Europe and Pro 14 after this weekend I think there is cause for concern.

They're not the only ones. Other teams like Glasgow are good teams who can't beat the best teams when it matters.

This final is between the two strongest teams in the competition and in both of their respective semi finals, they comfortably handled their opposition. They're a class apart and Munster needs to figure out how to get there.

On another note, Barry Murphy is going into meltdown on twitter and it's pretty funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Munsters tight 5 are miles behind Leinsters. The Lowe try, the forwards handling was immense especially the front row. Toner acting as a link man in midfield etc. James Ryan is just a freak.

Leinsters backrow offer far more too. They can do all the flashy stuff but they can do the dirty work to grind teams down, the mauls etc.

As a collective the Leinster pack has more creativity, invention and variation. None of the Leinster forwards are one dimensional. Bent is about the only one who would been seen that way possibly

I also think Munster are being poorly coached. The back 3 is quite good but too often they are on the back foot getting the ball. Saracens negated Munsters maul yesterday by simply not kicking the ball out, trusted their defence to be solid but didn't give Munster the opportunity to maul. If that's all it takes to totally negate Munster then that is a big issue

troyzer wrote: »
    On another note, Barry Murphy is going into meltdown on twitter and it's pretty funny

Some of that stuff is pathetic.

The Beirne decision looks wrong tho.

Burkie1203 wrote: »

A lot of that stuff is spot on. But to even it out, we should never have gotten our try after getting owned in the scrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Ah yeah it’s nearly all wrong but it’s a delicious alcohol infused rage spiral, and in reality it’s what we all deserve

A lot of that stuff is spot on. But to even it out, we should never have gotten our try after getting owned in the scrum.

The problem is the one sided nature of it.
    No mention of the scrum before Munster score or the Stander pen which IMO was 50-50. If your going to call out a ref for his performance then be balanced with it.

IMO Garces was fine. Breakdown was how he usually allows it to be (Leinster take heed as he is possibly to be Final ref)

Go through yesterday's game, like any other and I'd say there was multiple infringements which were let go both ways.

The problem is the one sided nature of it.
    No mention of the scrum before Munster score or the Stander pen which IMO was 50-50. If your going to call out a ref for his performance then be balanced with it.

IMO Garces was fine. Breakdown was how he usually allows it to be (Leinster take heed as he is possibly to be Final ref)

Go through yesterday's game, like any other and I'd say there was multiple infringements which were let go both ways.

Yeah but regardless, that's poor refereeing. You can't say it's fair reffing if, he's equally bad for both sides. Of course he's biased, but I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, we'd be looking at a Sarries' Twitter feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Yeah but regardless, that's poor refereeing. You can't say it's fair reffing if, he's equally bad for both sides. Of course he's biased, but I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, we'd be looking at a Sarries' Twitter feed.

Saracens did what Munster of old did best: ****housed from start to finish.

It's the sign of a great team.

Only solution is TMO every call. Then we have games decided by Penalties over about 4 hours.

We didn't see the same level of scrutiny over 2 huge calls that went Munsters way in the QF

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I think Barry Murphy has had a few pints tonight going by his colour commentary on yesterday's game via Twiter :pac:

[url]Https://twitter.com/BarryMurphyHG?s=09[/url]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

That's allowed.

Advertisement