Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I wonder if they'll show the console.

They'll definitely show the console. This the main PS5 reveal.

Price will most likely be announced. I'm 75% sure on that, I would allow for a small chance that they give it another month or two before committing, due to the market uncertainty.

And the same on release date, they might reaffirm the launch window (eg "Holidays") but hold off on the specific date. With PS4 they waited until August to reveal the launch date.

I'm sure there will be lots of in-game footage due to the cool response to Microsoft's event.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

They'll definitely show the console. This the main PS5 reveal.

Price will most likely be announced. I'm 75% sure on that, I would allow for a small chance that they give it another month or two before committing, due to the market uncertainty.

And the same on release date, they might reaffirm the launch window (eg "Holidays") but hold off on the specific date. With PS4 they waited until August to reveal the launch date.

I'm sure there will be lots of in-game footage due to the cool response to Microsoft's event.

I reckon price and date comes in August.

I’m ok with that I’m just dying to see what it can do!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Unless they've decided on a very low price then there's no reason to set a price now when MS hasn't.

Fact they'll have first party PS5 exclusives unlike MS means they'll probably have something to show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Wouldn't be surprised to see Spidey 2 as a launch title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Spidey 2 as a launch title.

In a way I'd nearly think it was too soon, but then considering it'll almost definitely be set in New York again anyway and they could largely reuse the same map (with some changes obviously), the amount of work to make a sequel probably isn't that huge compared to the likes of Horizon or God of War, so could be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Penn wrote: »
    In a way I'd nearly think it was too soon, but then considering it'll almost definitely be set in New York again anyway and they could largely reuse the same map (with some changes obviously), the amount of work to make a sequel probably isn't that huge compared to the likes of Horizon or God of War, so could be alright.

On one hand, Spidey 2 would be a mega game to launch the PS5. On the other hand, if supply will be limited as rumours suggest, the console should have no problem selling on its own and then a big game like Spidey 2 to boost sales in 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The rumored new Silent Hill as one of the launch titles and that is me sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hope we get a Horizon 2 teaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Hoping for Demons Souls Remake

• Advertisement

I'd be hoping for Horizon 2 and God of War 2(5).

And to satiate the unsatiable, Bloodborne 2 shock reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'd be hoping for Horizon 2 and God of War 2(5).

And to satiate the unsatiable, Bloodborne 2 shock reveal.

A black screen......."Welcome back, good hunter."

That's all they need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Bloodborne 2 shock reveal.

Honestly, Bloodborne remastered in 4K, 60fps with no load screens would be worth the price of a PS5 for me. A second DLC would be nice as well

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't think we'll be seeing any Bloodborne 2 until after Elden Ring.

If you look at the shadowy controller image they are using, it evokes the lines of the devkit.

where-and-when-to-watch-the-ps5-reveal-event-1024x576.png

514730.jpg

Hoping for Demons Souls Remake

Just read on another forum that a few places are predicting this, based on some insider guy who has form for predicting stuff correctly. Fingers crossed, I guess.

Rumoured to be the final design, but you know how these rumours spread (eejits like me post them in forums).

https://twitter.com/JayDubcity16/status/1267318233859870721?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Disappointing but they had no choice really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Was hoping today was April 1st, not June 1st

• Advertisement

The right move in all honesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ffs what a year! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

What a load of absolute nonsense.

Raging it’s not on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

mdwexford wrote: »
    What a load of absolute nonsense.

Raging it’s not on.

Well given large swathes of the population of the U.S. are currently taking to the streets daily in visible rage, frustration and sadness about police brutality, racial injustice and assorted other systemic inequalities, you should count yourself lucky you’re only raging about a video game PR event being delayed for a little while.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Well given large swathes of the population of the U.S. are currently taking to the streets daily in visible rage, frustration and sadness about police brutality, racial injustice and assorted other systemic inequalities, you should count yourself lucky you’re only raging about a video game PR event being delayed for a little while.

Not sure how that is in anyway relevant to this topic but whatever floats your boat.

Is that the reason why actually, assumed it was because of the virus.

Disappointing but they had no choice really.

True, but I am tired of this never ending radio silence on sonys part. They need to start showing the bloody thing and what games will be available.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

mdwexford wrote: »
    Is that the reason why actually, assumed it was because of the virus.

It is indeed the reason, going by the language used in Sony’s statement.

Disappointing it's not on. I can see why they did it though, there's arguments for an against the decision.

What's more important in that message is how disappointed they believe the fans will be because they wanted to "see PS5 games". I don't think they were going to show the console, due to the language they've been using.

Anyway, whatever was going to be shown will probably be shown with the console reveal now.

I'd say whatever they had planned was pre-recorded anyway, and can be shown whenever things calm down Stateside.

• Advertisement

Well, given that we'll be waiting a little longer for the next news, here are a few videos you can watch.

Yan Chernikov is a software engineer who used to work for EA on the Frostbite engine and Osiris mobile engine (he's working on his own engine right now). He also has a good YouTube channel if you're interested in graphics/game development etc. Anyway, here's his take on the Cerny presentation from March, divided into 3 vids. There won't be a whole lot of new info in them for you, but you might find some of it interesting. It certainly gave me a better understanding of some of the new features, or rather a better understanding of why these features will make a genuine difference to developers. But then, I'm a Luddite!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement