Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,832 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I must have missed that ambitious port :p

Port? That was the original. They just upscaled it for the later releases

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'd say there's a white console incoming. #PlayStation5 now shows a white DS5.

https://twitter.com/summergamefest/status/1270609936934813696?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭jones

I actually love the white i got one of the newer DS4 in glacial white and its a thing of beauty. Be all over a white PS5 even though everything else in my home cinema is black. Looking forward to actually seeing something official on the PS5

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,834 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    This is the writer behind Dead Space.

He kind of just copied the story of System Shock 2 and made it crap so I'm totally meh about this. Hope it's fun at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

jones wrote: »
    I actually love the white i got one of the newer DS4 in glacial white and its a thing of beauty. Be all over a white PS5 even though everything else in my home cinema is black. Looking forward to actually seeing something official on the PS5
    Yes, the white DS4 controller is very nice. Wouldn't mind a white PS5 as I have a white XB1 S and it looked good with the black TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'd say there's a white console incoming. #PlayStation5 now shows a white DS5.

White console...... Yes Please

I will guess white and black with blue lights, not too many sharp corners. Could fit right in on the set of Oblivion (movie)
    ddsotsedkir41.png

However xbox one s kinda did that white & black aesthetic already so i'm probably wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    This is the writer behind Dead Space.

After the disappointing Dead Space 3 I'm really hoping for a return to form if there's a DS4. DS2 is probably my favorite game of all time.

Also no Seeker Rifle - No buy! :pac:

A number of placeholders went up on Amazon briefly - a whole bunch of games and the system for £599. The system is gone but many games are still visible. No details other than publisher and price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=Ps5+asin&ref=nb_sb_noss

It would suggest (fingers crossed) the system will be properly unveiled tomorrow incl price and then pre-orders will go live soon after. Many are saying the event is just games. I would not read too much into the price (yet), it's just a placeholder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 LaAlgerie

jones wrote: »

Same here! I love the white ones! Whenever I move and bring it in the airport they're like WHAAAT. :D

I'm really intrigued by the audio capacbilities.

Not sure I like the controller, and kinda hope it's not a V design. Meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The stream will only be 1080p and 30 FPS tomorrow with 4K trailers being uploaded after the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Xenji wrote: »
    The stream will only be 1080p and 30 FPS tomorrow with 4K trailers being uploaded after the show.

Ah but the atmosphere will be on the stream :D

I'd be happy enough paying 599 for a console and a bunch of games (2+) especially if there is a bit of choice in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

It was listed on Amazon UK for £599 so guessing 699 here. It was taken down few minutes later as was error. Was meant to go live tomorrow.

Games also listed at £69.99

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The dream would be a bundle with the Demon's Souls remaster and the rumored Silent Hill game.

Who knows we might even get a Legend of Dragoon sequel as well ;)

It was listed on Amazon UK for £599 so guessing 699 here. It was taken down few minutes later as was error. Was meant to go live tomorrow.

Games also listed at £69.99 so 79.99 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

dan786 wrote: »

There were separate listings for 1TB and 2TB versions, but both were listed at £599, so I wouldn't read too much into it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I’m expecting €500 here and I don’t see how they could pull off €600, let alone €700.

It’s probably just a placeholder price which are generally always higher and not reflective of actual retail price.

Id imagine a 700 euro bundle would include a psvr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 LaAlgerie

There's no way in the world it's going to be €700. I know we're all dealing with speculation, I don't know the price ofc. but anyone who knows how the PS3 fared vs. competition, then how the mic-dropping PS4 €399 :eek: :pac: went down with Microsoft, and how the PS4 dominated this gen...can see right away it won't be €700. The retailer is putting in digits.

There is still the possibility of two consoles but I'm not sure about that.

I really wondered in the past year would there be any physical stores to actually buy it from. There is a local Gamestop which was in ****'s creek before the pandemic, they are local so I could pick it up at 00.05 instead of the next day or day after with Amazon. As non-UK customers we are second class to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

LaAlgerie wrote: »
    I really wondered in the past year would there be any physical stores to actually buy it from. There is a local Gamestop which was in ****'s creek before the pandemic, they are local so I could pick it up at 00.05 instead of the next day or day after with Amazon. As non-UK customers we are second class to them.

Smyths will have consoles.

• Advertisement

Id imagine a 700 euro bundle would include a psvr.

To be honest, I'd expect a bundle including the VR headset to be almost hitting 4 digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭BurnUp78

With gamestop gone from Dun Laoghaire where would be a place that I could pre order the ps5 and pay off weekly?

sugarman wrote: »
    I really wouldnt advise giving anyone your money with the current economy post Covid-19. Gamestop are still in serious financial trouble, they could be gone by the end of the year. They were really struggling before the virus.

Just stick a tenner away into a savings account and buy one on the day. I was never not able to get a console on launch. For the PS4 I got one on the way home from work in the evening of launch day no bother.

This is probably the best advice. You're guaranteed you won't lose your money, however one thing to consider is that unless you preorder, there is a chance you won't get one at launch (I remember having this problem at the launch of the Wii)

That's the practical advice I can give but I don't follow my own :D
    BurnUp78 wrote: »
    With gamestop gone from Dun Laoghaire where would be a place that I could pre order the ps5 and pay off weekly?

I would have used gamestop in dun laoghaire personally as well, I've just moved my preorder to gamestop dundrum.

For those thinking this might be available on launch day, think again. They are producing around 2/2.5 millions less units at launch so only 5 million units and also its Xmas so demand is going to be high.

sugarman wrote: »
    They didnt hit 5 million sales until February with a November launch with the PS4. Was relatively easy to find bar the final week leading into Christmas. Id put my house on being able to pick one up somewhere on the day. Especially if the rumored prices are anywhere near true.

5 millions units till March 2021. There was only 100 million units allocated to every other country outside US last time pre Xmas.

You will be able to pick one up but will be pretty hard. You are looking at likes to Argos who dont do preorders so first come first served.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What games ye think/hope will be announced tomorrow?

Surely Elden Ring but I'd love to see a new Batman Arkham game. Might be too early for Horizon 2, Spidey 2 and God of War 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Modern Warfare 2 remastered MP edition

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Surely Elden Ring but I'd love to see a new Batman Arkham game. Might be too early for Horizon 2, Spidey 2 and God of War 2?

I'm not sure about Elden Ring, if they're showing Demon Souls/Bloodborne. Would love it though!

Might be a chance of Batman - saw something yesterday hinting that a reveal was "sooner than we think". Strong rumours of Resi 8 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

I'd like to see GoW2 and I don't think it's too early to see a teaser at least.

I've been waiting for Dark Cloud 3 for forever and if that was announced I'd pre-order a PS5 right away. Don't think it'll ever happen though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Probably a Demon Souls remake, Horizon 2 and people think Batman might be shown as a not too revealing image "leaked" today showing a PS4/PS5 logo. Maybe a teaser of something for 2021 to end the show.
    Not sure if it will be shown but Rockstar are apparently releasing a Red Dead Redemption remake next year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement